Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
xiaomau

128 Huat Ah!

found renotalk way back.. when i needed to find research.. then it stopped for a long time...

finally found this gem site again... recently and seems to be logging in more often than i go onto facebook. :P

-------------------------------------------------------------------

the story of 128

was in search of houses in march 2009 but due to my fiance's constant being away.. we only started to view house in sept.

houses after houses... we didnt see any.. it was fortunate that the houses we disliked were similar.. so we didnt need to ponder over much. there was finally 1 house that we liked... and made an immediate offer.. but after leaving the place for like 1 hour..we started talking about something else.. and none of us really remembered how the flat looks like..

128 was then the flat we saw the like 3-4 days later.. it was a viewing in the evening.. and we went in and felt very comfortable.. the design wasnt fantastic la. to me... but my fiance felt it was move in condition... and so... we went to see the house the next afternoon...

because the valuation wasnt out.. we werent able to make an offer.. thats when we went for more house viewing.. but.. during those times.. we thought of nothing but 128.... although i clearly knew tat the design wasnt that great.

then we chanced into another house.. it was really nice.. design wise and everything was ideal.. but they were asking for 70k cash... being young poor rats like us.... obviously no money la.. so .. we only offered 50 at max.. sadly.. the house was also taken up... the weird thing was.. both of us felt happy it was sold.. dunno why.. but we felt great.. haha..

and so we pestered the agent about the house.. and... finally valuation came out to me 358k... and then we offered 30k straight because we heard an offer was at 25k..after really ALOT of delaying here and there... finally the agent told us.. okay! sell.... i rem it was on a friday and we wanted to sign that OTP soon.. (in case the hubby of the house changed his mind because he didnt really wanna sell the place)

and so we pestered the agent to make it that night... finally at 11pm.. we were at our "new flat" signing the docs....closing the deal at 388k

it was quite weird because initial plan wasto bring our both parents to see the hse b4 we committed. but obviously we didnt rem wat we planned la.... so it was my family to see the house... and .. my family liked it alot.. my baby niece fell aslp in the house.. which meant she like the place because she is usually fussy.... and his nephew also had a great time fooling ard in the house....

conclusion.. if kids like.. means "okay" la... and so... deal....

----------------------------------------------------------------

the lucky part of 128

because initially we were not eligible for the hdb loan.. which means more cash for the flat and i insisted on renovating the flat at least a 50%... my fiance was worried about the cash aspects (still have wedding concurrently)... we asked the agent to help us with bank loans and complaint about the $ casually...

one evening my agent called me and asked if i want to revaluate the house.. paying an additonal $150 (i think) to try... so if the valuation goes up.. the COV goes down.. although the 5% will go up.. but it wil still be lower cash output...

he has spoken to the owner if they r willing and the owner also agreed to help us...if the valuation is lower.. the owner will let us use the 1st valuation...but he mentioned due to market... lightly.. we will have an increase of 10k.. at max..

and so... we tried....

during the waiting period, we had a huge quarrel leading to an almost calling off of everything. we told the agent to check on us cancelling the sale ( to his surprise). i then went overseas for work for 2 weeks, during then, my fiance's project ended way earlier than expected..( which mean he was jobless la)

it was also during the trip that we started talking again.. but on cold terms.. and we were both "thinking" about the future...and . im sure both were unsure of the house...

something happen the night before i return to sin --to our frens.. and my fiance n i started talking amicably becauyse we were trying to see what we can help.. obviously the ability to communicate n think together brought some uncertain optimism..

just after i chk in.. my agent called me and asked if i wanna proceed with the house...because the valuation is out- and it is now 382k.. which means instead of paying 30k cash.. i now pay 6k... and since i have alr paid the owner 5k booking fee... we'll just need to pay 1k more during 1st appt...

and because my fiance was unemployed.. we can get him to declare unemployed and get the hdb loan..which means we save on tat 5% cash of bank loan... and......... we are also eligible for the housing grant too... so.. we saved about.. 43k cash and got.. 40k from govt.... happy like dog..

so... when in sin.. had a talk n all sorts of rubbish... and after this n that.....we finally got our key on 22/03.

------------------------------------------------

we opened the flat on 4/4/10 and mr chang also came to audit the flat on the same day......(we also realised that.. 1044 came out 3rd prize tat night...sigh....) now that mr chang has audited the flat and given us all sorts of .... weird colours to follow.... i've finally started on searching for IDs... like.. on 5/4/10?

and so.. the journey has only started..... (realised its so long a post... will update on the ids i've contacted) as of today 7/4/2010- am waiting for 12 quotes and thinking very hard if i shld get a contractor or... an ID....

any suggestion if i already have my appointed carpenter (my dad's a carpenter and using his contacts) and rough idea of what i want?

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

welcome to RT! glad u and ur hubby to be sorted things out finally. So wish u hv a swee swee house and a swee swee family life ahead!

128's floorplan.... the bedroom 1 and master bedroom has alr been hacked and the entrance to the room is at bedroom 1...

NewImage.jpg

Welcome!! U got a very unique layout and super big living loh.

May I know which area is this??

hi summerflowers and samgalz- thank you.... :) congrats on your house too heh heh...

angteko- this is at sengkang- the 1st batch tats why the living seems bigger.. seems only la...

clementi pr- sorry... its not 8 nor 18.. its ironically #14 hahaha....

Reminded of my old office. My boss really believes on those numbers. His phone number and license plate have few '8'.

Then our office unit is

#14-08. The 14 floor. hahaha

128's request for quotation

have actually written to quite a few... some referrals and mostly ... reviews from RT... sadly none has reverted to me yet...then again.. it's only like 2 days... so lets hope n pray...

have sent request to the following:

1) Amazon Home- Joanne

2) **-Leslie

3)DX Interior- Edmund

4)Inzen-Roy

5)Max Engineering-Adeline- to meet up next week

6)ID Note- Henry- will meet up at flat before he quote

7)Plush Living- Darren- he's hospitalised so... only news next week..

8)Earnest- Kennedy- to meet up next week

9)Keith-Keithworks-revert by 2 days.

10)Designer house- ronald- will revert end of the week

11)freshlook-alan

anyone has anymore that i should try asking? can pm me the details please...

----------------------------

the need-tos:

basically...need to do :

my kitchen- cabinets, floor and wall

master bedroom-hack away all the current furniture

2 toilets-everything....

a new study table- unless i see something from ikea

new dressing table-

rooms flooring- laminate change to tiles

hack away living room tv console

little electric

run hot water piping...

seriously.. i have no idea how much its gg to be... sigh... anyone has any quotation to share with me too??

----------------------------------------------

looking through more sites to see what can be DIYor buy off.. what has no choice but to customise..

good luck to all ard the same " stage" as me ya... :)

hi ngundi...

my unit also got eight la... if u can read chinese... my bf calls its...

要死 发到你死。。。 heh...

my bf also very pantang la. need alot of 8...

hi summerflowers and samgalz- thank you.... :) congrats on your house too heh heh...

angteko- this is at sengkang- the 1st batch tats why the living seems bigger.. seems only la...

clementi pr- sorry... its not 8 nor 18.. its ironically #14 hahaha....

sengkang!! same!! i presume u are at rivervale then, i'm at anchorvale.

samgalz- spot on!! im at rivervale.. heh..

you engaging edmund? can share with me his quotation?

his quote is pretty standardize with others. what brings him out is the chemistry and feeling we have when we speak with him. he is not pushy and will patiently listen to ur needs before coming up with ideas and with explanation why it should be done this way.

At this moment cos we are still in the beginning stage and not site measurement, it's not accurate on the quote so I wun share at this moment. hope u understand. but with the works that I'm doing, he is quoting me abt 23K. there are more modification to be done to the quote as we are taking some things out and adding some things. Edmund is pretty easy about letting us source for direct if we find something cheaper than his. Can't say the same for others as my hubby's godma had bad experience with hers as the contractor was very unhappy with her sourcing direct for some items so give her bad attitude during reno. he also dun wan to help coordinate with the direct suppliers.

So ultimately it boils down to the chemistry u going to hv with the contractor/ID. Meet up with Edmund and decide from there.