Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
dydadai

Induction Hob For Hdb

Hi,

I'm new here. Intend to use induction hob for my HDB flat.

Was told to supply a 30amp power point.

Understand that HDB total max only 40amp, so was told unable to do it.

Anyone here has install or use it in HDB flats?

TIA.

Cheers

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Hi,

I'm new here. Intend to use induction hob for my HDB flat.

Was told to supply a 30amp power point.

Understand that HDB total max only 40amp, so was told unable to do it.

Anyone here has install or use it in HDB flats?

TIA.

Cheers

As i understand, HDB cannot use induction becoz of the min 30A requirement. But you may look for domino type induction which is <20A i think. Can check with your electrician.

As i understand, HDB cannot use induction becoz of the min 30A requirement. But you may look for domino type induction which is <20A i think. Can check with your electrician.

I guess domino is the only options at abt 16amp.

Thanks for your advice.

Cheers

I guess domino is the only options at abt 16amp.

Thanks for your advice.

Cheers

I am also interested in induction hob. This is what I found out. You can install a 32A point but not advisable. The max current for HDB is only 40A, if you on your aircon with your hob, the main circuit break will trip at 40A.

There are some induction hob that uses 15A point.

Cheers

I am also interested in induction hob. This is what I found out. You can install a 32A point but not advisable. The max current for HDB is only 40A, if you on your aircon with your hob, the main circuit break will trip at 40A.

There are some induction hob that uses 15A point.

Cheers

Hi h2chng,

Thanks for your info. No choice gotta look at domino hob, moreover i'm having 2 x aircon compressor, haha...sure trip if on all together.

Cheers

Hi h2chng,

Thanks for your info. No choice gotta look at domino hob, moreover i'm having 2 x aircon compressor, haha...sure trip if on all together.

Cheers

I also looking. Currently have my eyes set on a brandt horizontal type. More spacious n can easily use two point at the same time. but also more x, compare to the domino. Originally, wanted to get from a local brand, but change my mind after I gone to the showroom. Max heat too gentle. Only 2000w.

I am still looking, so if you have good lobang, can let me know? tks

Cheers

I also looking. Currently have my eyes set on a brandt horizontal type. More spacious n can easily use two point at the same time. but also more x, compare to the domino. Originally, wanted to get from a local brand, but change my mind after I gone to the showroom. Max heat too gentle. Only 2000w.

I am still looking, so if you have good lobang, can let me know? tks

Cheers

Initially had my eyes on Teka cos wanted hood, hob, microwave and oven all same brand.

But with this 30amp limitation will have to look at others too and probably need to mix the brand.

Saw the Brandt 2 zones, i like it too but it does not have a hood that i like to match.

Well, the search continue and heard Teka have some new models coming.

Let keep in the loop.

Cheers

Induction cook is efficient, good for "open-concept" kitchen, even good for the "steam boat". Problems are must use "metalic" pan, or container, no ceremic, no clay, no SAN....Heat dissipation is a great consideration for those "built-in" induction hob.

Power = Voltage x current x cosQ.

Portable ones, usually at 2000W, so 2000=230 x I x 0.8, I = 10.86Aac. 13A outlet is sufficient. Many hostel student like this, Philips Singapore has some models ( I think, 3 or 4), at various wattage, can drop in to the showroom at Toa Payoh Lorong 1 and look see look see.

In first post mentioned , "30A" at single phase 230V, means 5520watts. Crazy, want to burn your house?

These are for restaurants' chef, some more need forced cooling at bottom, otherwise, electronic components cooked first before food are cooked.

Edited by bepgof