Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
home_sweet_home

2nd Appointment Date

Hi Peeps,

During the 1st appointment, the HDB officer will give the buyer and seller the 2nd appointment date. I understand that the 2nd appointment is usually 6-8 weeks from 1st appointment.

If the HDB officer put the 2nd appointment 8 weeks from the 1st appointment date, the seller wanted a longer time like 10 weeks and the buyer wanted 6-7 weeks. The HDb officer will give how many weeks? The officer will give the final date or its up to the seller and buyer to decide?

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Hi Peeps,

During the 1st appointment, the HDB officer will give the buyer and seller the 2nd appointment date. I understand that the 2nd appointment is usually 6-8 weeks from 1st appointment.

If the HDB officer put the 2nd appointment 8 weeks from the 1st appointment date, the seller wanted a longer time like 10 weeks and the buyer wanted 6-7 weeks. The HDb officer will give how many weeks? The officer will give the final date or its up to the seller and buyer to decide?

HDB officer will leave it up the buyer and seller to decide on a date that both agree on. HDB only allows maximum of 8 weeks from 1st appointment.

Hi Peeps,

1. Read your OTP document, clause 12.

2. If both seller & buyer can't reach an agreement on 2nd appt date, HDB will decide a date. This date MUST BE within 8 wk from 1st appt.

3. You will be the rightful owner right on/after the 2nd appt.

4. If seller were to stay beyond 2nd appt, MUST first seek your permission to stay on.

5. You can impose "rental" to grant their stay, but not sure if this against HDB's MOP rule. Ask HDB. Let us know what HDB says on this. Thank you.

Edited by bepgof

1. Read your OTP document, clause 12.

2. If both seller & buyer can't reach an agreement on 2nd appt date, HDB will decide a date. This date MUST BE within 8 wk from 1st appt.

3. You will be the rightful owner right on/after the 2nd appt.

4. If seller were to stay beyond 2nd appt, MUST first seek your permission to stay on.

5. You can impose "rental" to grant their stay, but not sure if this against HDB's MOP rule. Ask HDB. Let us know what HDB says on this. Thank you.

just completed my 1st appt.. HDB said must completion must before last day of 8weeks..

BTW, HDB did advise the seller to clear the unit a day before for us to inspect then we sign the form..

(wonder if the seller din move out.. then how to sign the form?)

oso, mine is taking bank loan.. was told by lawyer the fastest is 6weeks(cos if they fixed the dated and cannot complete on time, they will be fined)

just completed my 1st appt.. HDB said must completion must before last day of 8weeks..

BTW, HDB did advise the seller to clear the unit a day before for us to inspect then we sign the form..

(wonder if the seller din move out.. then how to sign the form?)

oso, mine is taking bank loan.. was told by lawyer the fastest is 6weeks(cos if they fixed the dated and cannot complete on time, they will be fined)

Lawyers like to "talk" to lawyers via "black & white", and like to send their "b&w" to the other parties by hand or registered post. In private bank loan situation, lawyer A handles yr case in the beginning goes oversea and cannot come back in time to close the deal....that's why HDB wants themselve in the "safe side", say min 6wk.

Another party is CPF board, forms pass here & there take min 3 weeks to be effective! Make sure HBL/3 form from lawyer to cpf board on time to effect the trasfer of $ to your bank. If you make partial pre-payment to bank later on, sign another HBL form. once monthly instlement revised, another HBL form!

Edited by bepgof