Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
ahdibuao

Water Heater Advise Needed!

Hi all,

I currently have an electric storage heater that has been serving me well for the past 17 years. But for unknown reasons, it went kaput early Apr.

I engaged CityGas to come down to my house to do a review of installing a gas water heater after reading the recommendations by some of the members here. However, I decided against installing the gas heater as I'm quite uncomfortable with placing the water heater in the kitchen and the gas piping they're going to do to my kitchen (actually the other main reason was I'm pretty pissed off by their pathetic customer service, need to ask the plumber to come down to my house to review twice, and in both cases, they just take a look and say can install, waste my freaking time!).

Now comes the hard part, as I'm a pure noob when it comes to water heater, can anyone advise on which brand of electric storage heater is good and which are the recommended shops to buy it? Preferably in Tampines?

Thanks in advance!

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Hi all,

I currently have an electric storage heater that has been serving me well for the past 17 years. But for unknown reasons, it went kaput early Apr.

I engaged CityGas to come down to my house to do a review of installing a gas water heater after reading the recommendations by some of the members here. However, I decided against installing the gas heater as I'm quite uncomfortable with placing the water heater in the kitchen and the gas piping they're going to do to my kitchen (actually the other main reason was I'm pretty pissed off by their pathetic customer service, need to ask the plumber to come down to my house to review twice, and in both cases, they just take a look and say can install, waste my freaking time!).

Now comes the hard part, as I'm a pure noob when it comes to water heater, can anyone advise on which brand of electric storage heater is good and which are the recommended shops to buy it? Preferably in Tampines?

Thanks in advance!

im using joven for my place and its serving me well after 8 years..

hi all,

sorry to hijack this thread...

may i ask what would be the rough difference in monthly bill for installing a storage heater and without installing 1 ?

i've read here seems most pple installed storage heater are for rainshower only...but i cant seems to find any cost comparison...

kindly advise if possible.

thanks . :)

I got my Joven 25L water heater, so far working well and it get heats up within 5min. Sometimes even quicker. It doesnt cost me alot of $$, just remember to switch it off once it gets heated. As once the heater heats up, the hot water will remains there for at least few hours. So need not to switch on until the last person finish shower then turn off.... (unless you have more than 4 members)

I got mine from:

<removed>

hi all,

sorry to hijack this thread...

may i ask what would be the rough difference in monthly bill for installing a storage heater and without installing 1 ?

i've read here seems most pple installed storage heater are for rainshower only...but i cant seems to find any cost comparison...

kindly advise if possible.

thanks . :)

Pls correct me if I am wrong. I read in the papers sometime ago that electric storage heater consume much more

electricity as compared to those individual standalone heater - something like 20% more. Again I could be wrong.

That is why now I am considering those conventional standalone heater.

Cheers !

Pls correct me if I am wrong. I read in the papers sometime ago that electric storage heater consume much more

electricity as compared to those individual standalone heater - something like 20% more. Again I could be wrong.

That is why now I am considering those conventional standalone heater.

Cheers !

this is how i justify my water heater.

storage heater - 3KW (joven)

heats for 10 mins. (sufficient for 2 persons)

instant heater ~ 3.5KW (alpha) (depending on model)

heats for as long as u bath.

in theory, the storage heater uses less electricity

I cannot decide on Alpha or Joven storage heater.

Alpha have 10 yrs warrantry on tank and 10 yrs warranty on heating element.

Joven have 10 yrs warrantry on tank BUT only 1 yrs warranty on heating element.

Anyone can clarify on this ? Thks in advance.

my in law's place using alpha, my parent's place using joven. personally i prefer the joven as it comes with 2 indicator lights (power and heating) so its a good indication as to whether the water is sufficiently heated. so far, both have not give us problems (joven 6 years, alpha 2 years)

Dear forummers,

if i am interested in a rain shower, can i use instant heater?

will the water pressure disappoint? :P

most probably will not have sufficient pressure

hi funnyloh,

im using rain shower and storage heater. but the water pressure is not depend on ur heater, is depends on your plumbing structure in your flat....

of coz, there's some tap like kitchen tap have certain things like 'save water' function, then will confirm slower and lesser water out...same as ur rain shower set, u may need to ask the shop before u purchase.