Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
green giraffe

The Diary Of A Wimpy House Owner

OMG, feels like your bedroom is the size of my entire apartment!!!(it probably is!!)

I have to stop coming to renotalk, coz am getting the reno bug again!! feel like moving again (actually, just like the reno bit)

can't wait for the zoo to officially open!

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

1 qns for u, what is bamboo chick blinds?

can tell me?

this is because i just installed ikea blinds at my open air recess area to keep out rain but they r not rain-proof neither wind-proof.

updated: i think i just figured it out, thanks for ur tip!

Edited by berry_surprise

The Mother of all WIW - Heineken meet Sex and the City

Yo people, you must see this. My friend's very creative, talented brother, who is a pilot by profession designed and built this house in Malaysia. The WIW is AWESOME!!!!!! :dribble: That's the real Heineken Moment compared to my humble WIW. Also check out the pool and Bathroom! :dribble::dribble::dribble: My house is flooded now..... with my drool.

House in malaysia

thumbnail7.jpg

Edited by green giraffe

Is there going to be a big mirror in the WIW, need to have a big inuff mirror to do some serious narcissistic acts. Hm.. ottoman good.. after too many changes need to take a break before round 2 .. err 3 err 4 errrrrrr.. :P

Here's the mirror. Should be big enough cos we are a special breed of dwarf giraffes.

IMG_0325.jpg

Will have T5 lights around it.

IMG_0322.jpg

Storage space behind mirror to store barang barang. Hooks for necklaces, bangles, bracelets, 1 and only pair of clipped on ear ring, some canes and whips for the monkeys and chains for any untamed animals. Tray below hooks for watches and rings.

IMG_0324.jpg

Nice blog.

Go for pearl grass; you will not regret it. Though it may not be as aesthetically pleasing as carpet grass, it is virtually maintenance free. I've had mine for almost a year and have never done any grass cutting. Only sprinkle some fertiliser once every 3 months. Just make sure that the contractor provides a layer of sand (2 inch thick) before turfing.

Only concern in your case is that grass may not grow well under the shade of your existing trees.

Thanks for the tip(sy) whisky,

Will make sure they lay sand first. Yes, the previous owner also have bald patches of grass under the "christmas" tree. We'll see if we can grow some shade loving plants around it.

BTW giraffe, are u planning to put an ottoman in the WIW? It will be so boutique-ish if u do so.....AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH~!

separate note, when I saw SATC's WIW i also did Heineken shriek and my hubby thought I siao. lucky I din c this post at home, or else sure he will hantam me! See in office can only shriek in the heart. :P

Might be a bit "Kuah Zhang" to put an ottoman in now that i have seen my Malaysian friend's super drool worthy WIW. Nevertheless, might still have one so that i can sit and dream on....

Edited by green giraffe

hhmmm.. leaving it jus barren may nt be such a bad idea afterall.

throw in the unlikely ensemble cast of misfits banding away while i try dig the soil (that's my last area to look it anyway) for my triangle with mouthpiece, the picture really seems straight from a scene from a Tim Burton's production. hahah

you know you're not making many friends with such a WIW? hahaha

you have my envy, hands and legs down. haha

Have you tried looking in the kitchen?

IMG_0305.jpg

Maybe its in the lardle

IMG_0306.jpg

Or in the drawers?

IMG_0308.jpg

Will let you look in the other parts of the open concept kitchen later. Have a super strong feeling you might find it there. :D

god giraffe, i never thought i can turn greener with jealousy...i think i jus did! :o

i can not :dribble: enough of ur wonderful pics!!! ARGH, my house is flooding! freak event of the year!!! :o

The Pullouts

Our very first delivery are the 2 King Koi pull-out/trundle beds for the boys. The top is super single and the bottom pull-out is single size. The bottom bed can be raised to be the same level as the top and form a huge super king size bed for about 274 little monkeys.

IMG_0371.jpg

After putting 2 trundle beds and a custom made study table, it looks like there is only enough space for 1 box of toys and 5 books. Hmmm.... now where shall I put the rest of the 364 boxes of toys and 1672 books?

IMG_0373.jpg

The Night Scene

It's all so quiet......for now. Pity my neighbours when we move in. Yo, calling all the members of the Z Z O, our brand new drum set coming next week! Thanks P in advance! You are the (wo)MAN!

IMG_0338-1.jpg

The Night Scene

It's all so quiet......for now. Pity my neighbours when we move in. Yo, calling all the members of the Z Z O, our brand new drum set coming next week! Thanks P in advance! You are the (wo)MAN!

IMG_0338-1.jpg

The calm before the 'storm'. :D

I'm now imagining... outside super quiet, serene while inside is 1 big chaos with ppl all 'Wow!' 'Wow!' 'Ahhhhh!!!!' (Think Heineken commercial but with 5 times more of the ladies) :lol:

Edited by gals_mama

Hi green giraffe,

I found ur blog after I was searching for info about d'bodhi sinks.

We bought a black marble sink from them but before its installation, we found that it was all cracked at the marble veins! There was glue in the cracks. The sink was delivered all wrapped up so we didn't check it properly when it first arrived. Now the shop is saying that it was my contractor who broke it and glued it together. My contractor said when they unwrapped it, they found it all already cracked and glued up. She said the marble must have cracked during the manufacturing process and they glued it up and sold it to us.

I don't know what to do now. Did u buy the black square/rectangle marble sink? Were there any cracks? What does ur contractor think about this?

Edited by Beeblebrox000