Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Reno145

Will You Buy Lunch For Your Contractor's Workers?

Will you buy lunch for your contractor's workers?

So that you can hope they will do a better job, although it may not make any difference.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Will you buy lunch for your contractor's workers?

So that you can hope they will do a better job, although it may not make any difference.

My main con has two workers from China stationed at my new house. Bought lunch, mineral water and packet drinks on the first day. They usually cook their own lunch and dinner. Once a while i'll get them drinks or biscuits. Just that I'm on my way buying lunch or just buy some extra drinks when i go grocery shopping. Not with the hope of them doing a good job lah.

When you give without expectation, you will always receive in unexpected ways. :)

When you give without expectation, you will always receive in unexpected ways. :)

Absolutely gg! It goes a long way in making some people's day, and that is already rewarding.

hmm i only bot coffee and drinks for them...act for me, if i thk they are working hard, no prob buying lunch and dinner if im there ard tat timing.. :)

i always buy lunch for pple who are working for me. be it car workshop workers or renovation workers. they working so hard to help u. they should be rewarded somewhat. if they reciprocate it by working harder.. its an additional bonus

My contractor's workers work very hard under the hot sun and quite often, they also brave the rain to do the work. I prepared sandwiches for them and bought them 7-Up. My contractor was quite upset when he found that I bought his workers lunch because he reckoned that I am spoiling them. He asked me not to buy them anymore food or drinks in future.

I feel that it is a privilege to buy lunch for people working hard for me but now I can't do it.

My contractor's workers work very hard under the hot sun and quite often, they also brave the rain to do the work. I prepared sandwiches for them and bought them 7-Up. My contractor was quite upset when he found that I bought his workers lunch because he reckoned that I am spoiling them. He asked me not to buy them anymore food or drinks in future.

I feel that it is a privilege to buy lunch for people working hard for me but now I can't do it.

Cos your contractor don't want u to spoils them and in future they will take it for granted that their lunch, tea breaks will be provided. And by doing so, also make them have more excuses to take too many breaks. Relax, normally after a hard day works, the contractor will treat them to a good dinner, rather than all the breaks make the momentum of works not flowing smoothly.

Cos your contractor don't want u to spoils them and in future they will take it for granted that their lunch, tea breaks will be provided. And by doing so, also make them have more excuses to take too many breaks. Relax, normally after a hard day works, the contractor will treat them to a good dinner, rather than all the breaks make the momentum of works not flowing smoothly.

it really depand on how your chemistry with the workers, i'll test you with example below, do imaging yourself as one of the worker who received offer from the house owner....:

"IF" the owner of this house, so call the home owner was Mr Lee K Y, he came to visit his house which is under renovation by your boss, so by you... he bring in "Lo Ti" with kaya and coffee packing and hand it to you, then he smiled & say: " good work folk! take a break, take a kitkat", and then he continue " please help to do a good job, if work are good, i'll recommend your company to the rest of my member in the cabinet", he then take another look on your work with another satisfactory smile, he then walk out of his house and closed the door that has just newly installed by you..

you have finally released the breath that you had hold up the moment Mr Lee walked in, your colleague start to comment about that moment, and you drink the coffee Mr Lee offered to you and realized since when you have not smell the coffee, and since when you have started losing your interest with the kaya loti...? you feel proud with the work you have done in this house, you have hope to offer your best performance to this house to make your company proud, you can even remembered the day till the day you close your eyes to forever...

Edited by Tiler Seng

Totally agree with u tiler seng!

Preciously valuehunter, if the home owner who offered food & drinks to you is not Mr Lee but is someone else, then you are gonna give him different act & respond, True Right :rolleyes: