Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
dbkungfu

Any Recommendation For Solar Flim

frosted film, solar film, privacy film are they same? you paste film for your new windows.

i think got 1 uncle quite nice, his price i not sure reasonable or not. some company quote me $400-500 for 3rm flat

you can call Jason ***...

Edited by dean

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
frosted film, solar film, privacy film are they same? you paste film for your new windows.

i think got 1 uncle quite nice, his price i not sure reasonable or not. some company quote me $400-500 for 3rm flat

you can call Jason ***...

thnx Dean. Based on my understanding,

solar film - reduce heat, can be "clear" or color

frosted film - for glass door, bathroom showerscreen, like those in horror movie, where u can only see shadow of the victim taking shower :D :D

privacy film - where ppl cant see from outside but inside can (in day time), but at night ppl can see, so u still need curtain. basically, it works based on which site is brighter

my objective is to reduce heat, so that my living room is not that warm.

thnx for the contact. :)

Edited by dbkungfu

thnx Dean. Based on my understanding,

solar film - reduce heat, can be "clear" or color

frosted film - for glass door, bathroom showerscreen, like those in horror movie, where u can only see shadow of the victim taking shower :D :D

privacy film - where ppl cant see from outside but inside can (in day time), but at night ppl can see, so u still need curtain. basically, it works based on which site is brighter

my objective is to reduce heat, so that my living room is not that warm.

thnx for the contact. :)

sun come to do film but i not sure it is privacy or frosted film. It is a sticker where he mix water and soup inside a bottle and spray at film sticker to let it wed and paste on the windows, living room windows is a big 180cm wide. he charging me $70. I will do the curtain for 1 living room, 2 bed room.

The rest 4-5 windows cannot put film.

i standing near windows (inside house) but i can't see any thing.

Edited by dean

Hi remixer

Sorry for late reply, was busy on my reno plan with ID. anyway had u sign up with v-kool ? I saw the contact u publish, probably will contact him as well. thnx.

Not yet. I will compare it with Huper Optik first before i decide. I just contacted Huper Optik. They gave me the contact of a dealer.

Lindy Eng at 65708278. She is the dealer for house installation.

Not yet. I will compare it with Huper Optik first before i decide. I just contacted Huper Optik. They gave me the contact of a dealer.

Lindy Eng at 65708278. She is the dealer for house installation.

Btw, contacted Marc, he will come to measure tomorrow to provide more accurate qoutation.

Btw, contacted Marc, he will come to measure tomorrow to provide more accurate qoutation.

Let me know how much did he quote u then. I got a Huper Optik quotation for my flat at slightly above $1000..so i wont consider Huper Optik.

sound like a good deal, it is heat & uv resistence ? which company is it ?

Dear all,

I wanted to change my existing window films as it has rainbow effect [just like oil on ground after rain will give you the circular streak of rainbow pattern] at night when room lights are turned on. I wondered whether this is a normal phenomenon as I was told by the installer this is caused by the scratch resistant coat on the film itself? Do all films have such phenomenon. Can anyone comment on this matter? Appreciate it. Thanks.

ek3civic

i think i got frosted film @ reasonable price for big windows 180cm where i can't see from inside and outside. i can see shadow from inside house when outside people walking pass my house (i at corner unit).

other company quote me $90-120. Outside of windows abit oily. May i know using what to clean?

i am getting curtain where can i get it cheap cheap.

Edited by dean

Let me know how much did he quote u then. I got a Huper Optik quotation for my flat at slightly above $1000..so i wont consider Huper Optik.

Hi remixer ... got the qoute for v-cool. for my living room window cost is $532.29 , 10.50 per square ft. Mid range material.

Total for my 5 room around $950. Still consider a expensive, might as well get 3M for that price :(

hmmm will try get windowcool this week.

Edited by dbkungfu

Hi remixer ... got the qoute for v-cool. for my living room window cost is $532.29 , 10.50 per square ft. Mid range material.

Total for my 5 room around $950. Still consider a expensive, might as well get 3M for that price :(

hmmm will try get windowcool this week.

Just something to share with you guys... I am also searching for the Solar Film..

I have a full height windows for my penthouse unit(3.8 m height ceiling)... estimate area that need the film is about 500 sq ft.

I contact v-cool, sunx, window cool, jestac...

here is the price (psft) range that I got

V-cool (4.5 - 19.5 : with 10 yrs warranty)

sunx (4-6.5 : have to pay for installation with 5 yrs warranty)

window cool (4.8 - 6.8 : with 10 yrs warranty)

jestac (4.5 - 10.5 : with 10 yrs warranty, now got promo : free water purifier)

one thing that I really do not understand and hope that someone could enlighten me.

4 suppliers come down to my place for the site measurement. And all of them give me the different sq area. Some different can even be as hugh as 40 - 55 sqft and when you X with the price psft - the amount is not small

When I question sales lady from Jestac, she told me that they factor in the wastage area as well. Is that common??

one thing that I really do not understand and hope that someone could enlighten me.

4 suppliers come down to my place for the site measurement. And all of them give me the different sq area. Some different can even be as hugh as 40 - 55 sqft and when you X with the price psft - the amount is not small

When I question sales lady from Jestac, she told me that they factor in the wastage area as well. Is that common??

wow .. this is new info. I didnt even know they include such thing ? Will measure myself this week & compare with their qoutation. windowcool coming next week .. cant make it this week., maybe business super good. thnx for info :D

hi all

here my final updates ...

for my whole 5rm flat (est 95sq/ft window area)

windowcool llumar (65% heat resistent) - $705

jestac 3M (clear prestige series) - $1.2k + $60(transportation if < 100sq/ft)

v-cool ique (clear series) - $950

tempted to do llumar ... but so some negative feedback on service plus response is not prompt. Need to settle this week.

Hi dbkungfu

I am also interested in having solar film for my place. My place is abt ur size 90sqm

Can I know for these 3 quote you got, are they for films tat would allow ppl to see thru when we turn on light at night but reflective at day?

For the V-cool, clear series? meaning they are transparent on outside and inside?

Please share your findings with me.

Tks for your help! :)

Hi dbkungfu

I am also interested in having solar film for my place. My place is abt ur size 90sqm

Can I know for these 3 quote you got, are they for films tat would allow ppl to see thru when we turn on light at night but reflective at day?

For the V-cool, clear series? meaning they are transparent on outside and inside?

Please share your findings with me.

Tks for your help! :)

U can try Garvin Marting Services (Vincent **)

They do curtains & films.

Just signed order form with them.

Kitchen windows dimensions 22x50 about $80+ for 3 panels.

He gave me the darkest grey type with 'mirror', price is $3.50 (psft ? not sure 'bt this)

He's very detailed in explanation, shd be able to answer your questions above.

Edited by booksntoys