Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Wen Wen

Which Is Cheaper? Curtain Or Roller Blind?

Sorry if i posted in the wrong section. But does anyone know which choice is cheaper? Curtain or Roller Blind in hdb bedroom?

Thx you.

Wen

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Sorry if i posted in the wrong section. But does anyone know which choice is cheaper? Curtain or Roller Blind in hdb bedroom?

Thx you.

Wen

It depends on the type of material you choose, but working on normal fabrics, blinds can turn out cheaper. If you want I can PM you a contact for curtain and blinds.

Blind is likely to be cheaper. But depends on your requirement. Curtains keeps light out better though higher grade blinds can do the job as well. IKEA have pretty cheap blinds : )

Blind is likely to be cheaper. But depends on your requirement. Curtains keeps light out better though higher grade blinds can do the job as well. IKEA have pretty cheap blinds : )

have read several comments in this forum on IKEA's blinds. seems the rolling mechanism always gives problems after a short time in use. they also employ stainless steel beads but as experienced by many IKEA's stainless steel products' users, they tend to rust after only a short time. was also told that IKEA's blinds are hand-cut versus others which are laser-cut. this gives rise to non-perfectly parallel edges of the blinds. potential problem of this: over time after many roll-ups and roll-downs, the blinds may become mis-aligned and u get uneven roll-up at best. At worst, the blinds get caught at the edge of the rolling mechanism.

i also originally intended to get their roller blinds due to budget, but after reading all those feedback, i've decided to spend more and get proven, good roller blinds from professional roller blinds makers. prices can range from 200+ to 700+ per blind depending on size, materials etc.

motorised roller blinds are even more expensive, but not recommended for half-height windows. and they come with remote controls. cool....