Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
probeng

Loan Shark!

For me as I've only gone for 1st appt and have not paid the balance amount yet, I've told my lawyer that I will not be proceeding with the sale of the flat until they give me a photcopy of the owner's IC with the change of new address.

I've also asked my agent to try and get me the owner's IC with change of new address.. Didn't tell him that I won't proceed with sale if he didn't get it though.. and I've yet to pay him his commission, so I'm not too worried.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
For me as I've only gone for 1st appt and have not paid the balance amount yet, I've told my lawyer that I will not be proceeding with the sale of the flat until they give me a photcopy of the owner's IC with the change of new address.

I've also asked my agent to try and get me the owner's IC with change of new address.. Didn't tell him that I won't proceed with sale if he didn't get it though.. and I've yet to pay him his commission, so I'm not too worried.

I like wat u did! ;) Too bad, for me is bought direct from HDB.. Can't do anything.. :bangwall: Now waiting for ICA to investigate the previous house owners.. Giving them one month to give us a satisfactory answer..

dean,

How much you bought the letter box?

Is it difficult?

floor oily?

why?

it quite easy to change letter box lock.

i bought it at $21 but i think homefix or other shop selling cheaper may be $15++

if ur letter box brand REAL?

i still have old letter box lock.

i don't know why floor forever oily. previous owner now stay EC...haha...

i can give u the old REAL brand letter box lock with u keys by mailing to your friend or office address.

Edited by dean

It's kinda useless for ex-owners to change their address. Cos they simply need to tear away their printed address (sticker) to reveal the old address and just borrow from loansharks.

Dunno what ICA will come up with in future to combat this problem. They should have realise by now that there are Fxxxxx using this method to borrow from loansharks.

I am harassed by loan shark. apparently the ex owner of the house use her IC to get a loan after HDB 2nd appointment. i just got the keys to my new house and it just got splash yesterday. Reported to the police but i am not sure if they can do anything even though they claim it will be handle by CID.

Why don't those loan shark check before they give out such loan. Or why HDB and ICA do not insist they seller and owner to change their IC on the spot! They just need to setup a counter for that and i am sure these will deter these miss identities problem.

I am really lost now and don't know what to do.will they come back and harass us again? What can the police and government do to help us? What is the use of installing CCTV when they can just cover their face with a cap or helmet? I have seen in the news that police are actively clamping down on vice activity, hopefully they can use the same effort in dealing with loan shark. With the 2 IR open i am sure these loan shark will be happy too. As i do not see any island wide "major" raid on loan shark, i am wondering what does it takes for the relevant department to act on it!!!!

The whole family were happy and looking forward to moving into the new house, now everyone is dreading and do not know what will happen next. Can anyone help? My Prime Minster, My MP, My police? Do i still believe in the system?

WaH !!! K*******C****B**** F***** F*****

do until like that .... :paint:

Edited by Reno Guru

I am harassed by loan shark. apparently the ex owner of the house use her IC to get a loan after HDB 2nd appointment. i just got the keys to my new house and it just got splash yesterday. Reported to the police but i am not sure if they can do anything even though they claim it will be handle by CID.

Why don't those loan shark check before they give out such loan. Or why HDB and ICA do not insist they seller and owner to change their IC on the spot! They just need to setup a counter for that and i am sure these will deter these miss identities problem.

I am really lost now and don't know what to do.will they come back and harass us again? What can the police and government do to help us? What is the use of installing CCTV when they can just cover their face with a cap or helmet? I have seen in the news that police are actively clamping down on vice activity, hopefully they can use the same effort in dealing with loan shark. With the 2 IR open i am sure these loan shark will be happy too. As i do not see any island wide "major" raid on loan shark, i am wondering what does it takes for the relevant department to act on it!!!!

The whole family were happy and looking forward to moving into the new house, now everyone is dreading and do not know what will happen next. Can anyone help? My Prime Minster, My MP, My police? Do i still believe in the system?

Hi Probeng,

I guess i'm in the same situation as you. Paint splash on the walls & floor outside our reale unit, rcv threat letters (**** notes with the sellers name & ic) from LS.

Initally we were also like you, very worried, stress, angry but this will affect your life, work & family in the long run. You have to be fiercer than these ppl to deter them from coming back.

Just to share some thoughts, these LS only send runners (these runners also owe LS $ & cannot pay back thus become runners) to disturb your family, causing mental distress. Other than such letters, paint splashes, spray paint, pour oil thru your front door gap to make you fall.. etc.. they'll not dare to harm anyone. And they normally will only come in the wee hrs.

You can try to install CCTV which may deter them from coming, but this will definitely make them disturb your neighbours in turn & they'll try to cause conflict between u & your neighbours by writing your unit no. Thus if you intend to stay there, do inform your neighbours of this issue & tell them you've already made a police report.

For me, we'll install CCTV, paste the police reports at all lifts, lift landings, staircase & letterbox area.

If they dare, they come, i'll fight them head on! :curse:

Btw, we just gotten my keys & undergoing reno now, but we already made 2 police reports on this case & seen our MP.

He said he'll see to it that the investigators came back with some answers but till date still haven't rcv any calls from CID.

If still no calls from them this week, i'll write in to the media!

Also just FYI, there are already 6 runners wanted on the police website.

I am also going through this till now and previous owner left since dec.Lawyer letters bank statement ious all except loansharks.So what i did wasi have doc with place next owner is working.I called up his company and asked him to change add on IC he did and all that depts that were auto involved were changed but till 2 day i get his car installments and bank bills.Cross them out and rtn to sender every mth the same.I think ICA should really upgrade system so should all relevant depts.

Dean:bad person he 1 day sure go JAIL. hate this type of indian people. never never engage indian painter

I believe this remark is totally uncalled for.From the name u can know its a woman but ur remark was directed to a man.If u can say indian painter got problem let me inform u that many OTHER RACE sub cons got problems 2.My painter for my house(not my mum's) was a chinese who fxxked upp my painting .AND TRIED TO CHEAT ME luckily my main contractor was alert and told him off.My friends's house employed a malay plumber(she did co ordination herself.Wanted to save money)and her toilet bowl still leaking till now.So how we **** all of them is it then how to get reno done ??Use singaporeans be prepared to pay 40% more.

Curryqueen:For me as I've only gone for 1st appt and have not paid the balance amount yet, I've told my lawyer that I will not be proceeding with the sale of the flat until they give me a photcopy of the owner's IC with the change of new address

I wish i had done all this at least now no problem.But u know its not against the law for them not to present it to u .Unless u can prove that u have some reason to doubt their credibility.U can go to HDB to ask them to ask the seller for this proof.

But still as said above ppl wanna be cheats they can also tear out the piece the police stick on our IC.

gUYS THIS IS JUST MY 2 CENTS WORTH.

Edited by vinder79

there was a recent case where the LS pull new patterns... what they did was to buy wreaths put on the lift lobby/letterbox on top of the usual redpaint...

i recently read one pissed-off homeowner wrote to ST complaining about HDB's bochup attitude in getting the seller's contact and new address. basically HDB reported that they have no legal case of imposing seller provide this new info, and conveniently use NRA's rule that all sellers must report their new address within 28 days to the police. few days later, one victim wrote to ST forum complaining about his house kena splashed...

till now I have not seen relevant authorities comments on this...

i too had this loanshark problems. Apparently one of the previous owner's relative borrowed from loanshark.

Reported to police everytime it happened (total 3 incidents).

All no use. The last one being the worst, my gate was locked and splashed by paint.

the show on TV showing police nabbed loanshark syndicate, i guess it supposed to be a corny joke.