Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
blackiejack

Cov 50k For 5rm Amk Central Point Block

-This's rather a "to each his own" issue. Just to add some further more:

- When choosing estate, should consider the "resale" potential = easy to sell, can fetch high price

- Good schools(P,S, not JC & U), MRT, market with famous foods, Sport facilities, cinema, shopping centre, etc... One will realise all these appeared ONLY in matured/"old" estates.

- New estate = "cheaper price", quite (good or bad?), bus service?, mrt? markets? school? See Punggol, Bukit Panjang, Sembwang. Anyway, new will become "old" - look at Bishan (once no one wanted, now everybody wanted), bedok N/S (1979 pretty new, now? now land availand for future development) Unlike Pasir, Simei, Woodland, tempines, Punggol, plenty of land available.

RedHill, Chaichee are defenitely out for me ! Really "old" and the ambience is like "stagnant air" - many retirees, may be can join them in tai-chi playing once a while.

Edited by bepgof

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
RedHill, Chaichee are defenitely out for me ! Really "old" and the ambience is like "stagnant air" - many retirees, may be can join them in tai-chi playing once a while.

Chai Chee not bad if you live in the newer blocks. My family used to live in one of the last maisonettes that HDB built..quite a gd mix of people, and super mkt and fd court just across the rd.. But if you live in the older blocks, then yah.. got a lot more older people around

:D

Is this a reasonable deal ? I paid 50k COV for my new place @ amk central.

not bad lor , i just paid 100k COV for a 5 rm toa payoh near braddell mrt . it come wz a balcony ,things need to do up ....recondition timber flooring for 3 room ....(include 2 hack into one ) ...painting ....kitchen...touch up....balcony grill ...(if u think of it ...not worth ) but if u like it ...leave the rest behind .......enjoy it !! )

btw , we r not rich hor...need to borrow life policy ..and some money ....)

All thanks to HDB new ruling ...cap 50% of the cash proceed !!! thanks again HDB ! :horse:

Chai Chee not bad if you live in the newer blocks. My family used to live in one of the last maisonettes that HDB built..quite a gd mix of people, and super mkt and fd court just across the rd.. But if you live in the older blocks, then yah.. got a lot more older people around

Some 17 years ago, HDB offered me some units there for selection, before exercising, jalan the whole area for about 4 hours, wow, saw many grandpaps & grandmams & one funeral.

Edited by bepgof

not bad lor , i just paid 100k COV for a 5 rm toa payoh near braddell mrt . it come wz a balcony ,things need to do up ....recondition timber flooring for 3 room ....(include 2 hack into one ) ...painting ....kitchen...touch up....balcony grill ...(if u think of it ...not worth ) but if u like it ...leave the rest behind .......enjoy it !! )

btw , we r not rich hor...need to borrow life policy ..and some money ....)

All thanks to HDB new ruling ...cap 50% of the cash proceed !!! thanks again HDB ! :horse:

strongly agree after buying theres no turning back n comparing. but i am surprised when i see 50k n now 100k cov.wher this leading to..my 33k i paid looking low cov now. as for the policy me too was worried abt the cash profit potion. luckily i sign the papers b4 they announced the super helpful policy of 50%. if not i have to top up cash even after making abt 70k from selling. i juz wonder how fresh buyers can afford. but with announcement of that poilcy the last door of making money out of hdb flat is closed.

strongly agree after buying theres no turning back n comparing. but i am surprised when i see 50k n now 100k cov.wher this leading to..my 33k i paid looking low cov now. as for the policy me too was worried abt the cash profit potion. luckily i sign the papers b4 they announced the super helpful policy of 50%. if not i have to top up cash even after making abt 70k from selling. i juz wonder how fresh buyers can afford. but with announcement of that poilcy the last door of making money out of hdb flat is closed.

After the hdb announced the rules and Greek crisis appeared, the volume of resales transactions has dropped a lot. Last time must wait 3 months for 1st appt, now only need to wait 1.5 month for 1st appt.

GIC and Temsek Holdings lost billions of taxpayers' $$$ in their investments, therefore govt wants to force us to keep our $$$ as much as possible in their pocket "CPF"?

Less profit to make, less 'temptation' for hdb owners to sell house, so less transactions?

More and more young couples around me are applying for BTO, stay with inlaws or stay separately for 4 years. A few are skipping customary wedding to buy resales.

Edited by forgotten

After the hdb announced the rules and Greek crisis appeared, the volume of resales transactions has dropped a lot. Last time must wait 3 months for 1st appt, now only need to wait 1.5 month for 1st appt.

GIC and Temsek Holdings lost billions of taxpayers' $$$ in their investments, therefore govt wants to force us to keep our $$$ as much as possible in their pocket "CPF"?

Less profit to make, less 'temptation' for hdb owners to sell house, so less transactions?

More and more young couples around me are applying for BTO, stay with inlaws or stay separately for 4 years. A few are skipping customary wedding to buy resales.

I expect resale tx to drop further the next half yr, more bto, dbss, more ura lands out for private, etc. For buyers, if can hold, just hold till end of year.

COV is a mock to valuation report, in a way or another. Report should have been inclusive of all the factors determining the price. Before buying the resale last yr, I already had plan to renovate the whole unit, in other words, I would "knock" down everythings - so I told myself, the most cov is capped at 30k. Don't tell me thing like "move in" conditions, I don't buy the idea.

I spent 90k on reno for the 5-rm, having my own ideas on the reno themes and materials used.

Edited by bepgof

move in condition. i really like this caption used in ads..as long have flooring , kitchen cabinets is considered move in. :sport-smiley-004:

btw, if u need the flat,like it and can afford, just buy lor.

No point worrying if it's too high or what.

I like your style, straight forward ! Late Dr. Goh also did things like that.

Edited by bepgof

I expect resale tx to drop further the next half yr, more bto, dbss, more ura lands out for private, etc. For buyers, if can hold, just hold till end of year.

COV is a mock to valuation report, in a way or another. Report should have been inclusive of all the factors determining the price. Before buying the resale last yr, I already had plan to renovate the whole unit, in other words, I would "knock" down everythings - so I told myself, the most cov is capped at 30k. Don't tell me thing like "move in" conditions, I don't buy the idea.

I spent 90k on reno for the 5-rm, having my own ideas on the reno themes and materials used.

Yeah, for people who are going to do an overhaul renov, the condition of the house internal doesn't matter. In the end, everything inside will get 'wiped' out haha after key handout.

It must be real fun designing the whole house on your own! :) I hope I get the chance and fund to try it out in future.

Edited by forgotten

move in condition. i really like this caption used in ads..as long have flooring , kitchen cabinets is considered move in. :sport-smiley-004:

Every agent told me their houses were move-in condition when I called up to ask. When I went for viewing, a few had their walls chipping off, built-in cabinets damaged, pipes leaking etc - these were also said to be move-in condition LOL.

Another popular caption is "5 mins walk from MRT" although some houses on the map were more than 1km away from the MRT station.

Haha we can't blame the agents. No business means no income for them. These are part of marketing techniques. Buyers must do homework on their own one.

Edited by forgotten

I like your style, straight forward ! Late Dr. Goh also did things like that.

LOL.. just feeling if worry this worry that.. like never ending leh...

It becomes an infinity loop..

another favour word is high floor

1 agent told me 4 floor and above is high

:huh:

LOL. I bet that agent will call 2nd floor unit as MID FLOOR! :P

Edited by forgotten