Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
frezhman

Compassvale View... My Home

ya, I thought so too ... scared overpower then glass and mirror break :o

bearlyn's system up already ah? bearlyn, when can i come over to feel the power??

eh.. my super low end unlike banned's high end HTS will b delivered on the 25th la, but tv on the 2nd. haha.. so how? :P

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
eh.. my super low end unlike banned's high end HTS will b delivered on the 25th la, but tv on the 2nd. haha.. so how? :P

mine is not high end, in the same cat as urs lor.. jus that its more expensive.. :(

wah, jin chim lei .. u sound like those salesman throwing jargon at me now! xiam xiam xiam ... :bangwall:

dunno how much is each component, bc he said give bundle price. See, I said we noob right, did not even ask for individual price :bangwall::bangwall:

do u mean if ours not 3D, then this 608 is overkill?

what is satellite speakers? those mounted on ceiling is it?

lemme explain some simple stuffs, k...

1) avr: it's a receiver between ur tv & ur multimedia devices(bluray player, Xbox, starhub box, etc). Video & sound from these multimedia stuff transferred to receiver, sound & picture projected into the tv.

2) 5.1 speakers ( means 5 speakers: 2 Front RL speakers, 2 Rear RL speakers & centre speakers. The .1 means subwoofer speakers. Dun understimate the subwoofer cuz that's where most of the actions comes from)

hence, if u only have receiver, it only uses the sound & picture from ur tv. But when u connect da speakers, dats where it takes on a whole new level.

Get these 2 things first, then slowly u build & upgrade ur stuffs.

Onkyo 608 wun be overkill juz cuz it got 3d hdmi output. It's juz a additional feature. 608 is an entry level avr & most begineers get it for it's ease of use, compared to denon.

Go slowly, & it's impossible to do it 1 shot. I slowly builld mine from a budget of $2k, & slowly now wif snowballed to $8k(without da subwoofer).

Lastly, let ur ears & eyes be da judge.

Hi Frezhman,

Very nice house you have there, can to share with me you id contacts? Getting my flat end of the year, if possible, the quotes too. How much you spent on your blum?? kenlim_76@hotmail.com

will pm u his details, & the quotes... If I manage to find it somewhere in my laptop...:)

lemme explain some simple stuffs, k...

1) avr: it's a receiver between ur tv & ur multimedia devices(bluray player, Xbox, starhub box, etc). Video & sound from these multimedia stuff transferred to receiver, sound & picture projected into the tv.

2) 5.1 speakers ( means 5 speakers: 2 Front RL speakers, 2 Rear RL speakers & centre speakers. The .1 means subwoofer speakers. Dun understimate the subwoofer cuz that's where most of the actions comes from)

hence, if u only have receiver, it only uses the sound & picture from ur tv. But when u connect da speakers, dats where it takes on a whole new level.

Get these 2 things first, then slowly u build & upgrade ur stuffs.

Onkyo 608 wun be overkill juz cuz it got 3d hdmi output. It's juz a additional feature. 608 is an entry level avr & most begineers get it for it's ease of use, compared to denon.

Go slowly, & it's impossible to do it 1 shot. I slowly builld mine from a budget of $2k, & slowly now wif snowballed to $8k(without da subwoofer).

Lastly, let ur ears & eyes be da judge.

wow 8k leh.. i can only get the HTiB kind.. :(

Oh ... so here's where everyone went to. no wonder the other T-blogs quiet down liao :P

Hi Frezhman, those speakers are Pro Cinema 800 aye?

May I know what are you using to mount the center speaker?

Oh ... so here's where everyone went to. no wonder the other T-blogs quiet down liao :P

Hi Frezhman, those speakers are Pro Cinema 800 aye?

May I know what are you using to mount the center speaker?

yep, deftech procinema 800. Center speaker is pro 1000 thou. Actually, KEC screwed up da installation of da center speaker. I made a fuss, & get the mounting speaker unit from them. Install it myself & it works out fine in da end. Pro 1000 center speaker is pretty heavy, so u really need to install it correctly.

yep, deftech procinema 800. Center speaker is pro 1000 thou. Actually, KEC screwed up da installation of da center speaker. I made a fuss, & get the mounting speaker unit from them. Install it myself & it works out fine in da end. Pro 1000 center speaker is pretty heavy, so u really need to install it correctly.

Ah ... is the mounting speaker unit tiltable (eg. adjust to face higher or lower)?

Mine is resting on the console at the moment. Thinking of wall mounting it but worry that it wont be pointing towards my ears if I do so.

Mine's just a pro 600 btw.

hmmm, u never cater for future upgrade of yr system? yr console seems juz nice...

future upgrade will be to da existing avr, speakers or sub only. Additional items for upgrade could be media player(dune, ac Ryan) or sub equalizer... But all these wun be in da near future. My console is suspended, so if i really got itchy hands again, I can extend the console to the floor to accomodate more additional stuff...:)

Ah ... is the mounting speaker unit tiltable (eg. adjust to face higher or lower)?

Mine is resting on the console at the moment. Thinking of wall mounting it but worry that it wont be pointing towards my ears if I do so.

Mine's just a pro 600 btw.

yup, it's tiltable. Can adjust by da nuts @ da sides. Dunno how much KEC sellin them thou. It's juz a basic mounting bracket. I sense a lil' poison goin thru u oredi. Main reason y I mount all da speakers: Prevent my lil' one from pulling da speakers.

future upgrade will be to da existing avr, speakers or sub only. Additional items for upgrade could be media player(dune, ac Ryan) or sub equalizer... But all these wun be in da near future. My console is suspended, so if i really got itchy hands again, I can extend the console to the floor to accomodate more additional stuff...:)

itchy hands? not sensitive ears meh? :lol:

yup, it's tiltable. Can adjust by da nuts @ da sides. Dunno how much KEC sellin them thou. It's juz a basic mounting bracket. I sense a lil' poison goin thru u oredi. Main reason y I mount all da speakers: Prevent my lil' one from pulling da speakers.

Yea you are right. I'm already poisoned.

Luckily I have a CFO :wub: to keep me in check or else I go haywire. :sport-smiley-004:

Hi Frezhman,

Very nice house you have there, can to share with me you id contacts? Getting my flat end of the year, if possible, the quotes too. How much you spent on your blum?? kenlim_76@hotmail.com

ok Ken, found da quotes oredi. Will edit some personal info 1st, k. Most prob will email by tonite. Remember, quote is w/o electrical wirings. It alone can cost ard $2k, depending on how much power points & lights u have.

Lastly, 1 advise. the quality of the laminates is impt. Google them up. Da bad ones tends to squeaks... Mine is kronotex. My ID install them w/o informing me. Luckily, they dun squeaks. Some ppl r not dat lucky.

Hi Frezhman,

U really have a very nice house design, mind to share with me you id contacts?

I'm getting my flat end of the year, if possible, the quotes too. My email: realguts@hotmail.com

thanks a lot for u kindness and help.