Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
fengwei

Recommendation For A Decent Sound System.

Love Sherlock Holmes (<3 Guy Richie)! Going to get Quantum of Solace, Thin Red Line, Kick *** (truly quite a surprisingly good film), Gangs of New York (though I oppose to Cameron Diaz in her role - Leo & Lewis are superb as always), Green Zone. Thanks! Top Gun would be fun to watch again (hi2u Iceman mmm). :) Can't say I'm a fan of animation, but that would probably change once mini mes arrive. Oh, and also got Dark City - fantastic for sci-fi!

May also pick up Snatch and Lock Stock Two Smokin' Barrels. :P

Thanks for the pointers, guys.

-Ely

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Not sure whether we refer to the same modern adaption of sherlock holmes http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sherlock_(TV_series).

It's the story where sherlock holmes uses handphones ... :D

Ahh, nope as it was only transmitted in 2010. Maybe I will be a proxy sorted out so I can use the BBC Iplayer and stream from the UK ;) . Good way to get Top Gear if you don't have Starhub and don't want to wait for torrents. I hear the BBC are going to make available an international fee based iPlayer. not seen any confirmation though.

RB

Current collection of Blurays. Hehe....

Apocalypse Now (Three-Disc Full Disclosure Edition) (Apocalypse Now / Apocalypse Now Redux / Hearts of Darkness)

The Bourne Trilogy (The Bourne Identity | The Bourne Supremacy | The Bourne Ultimatum)

Funny Games

Toy Story 3 (Four-Disc Blu-ray/DVD Combo + Digital Copy)

Oldboy

Ice Age Dawn of the dinosaurs

Let Me In

The Blind Side

The Bounty Hunter

Extraordinary Measures

Invictus

Edge of Darkness

WWII in HD

Hatchet II

The Fourth Kind

The Lives of Others

Brooklyn's Finest

Friday the 13th, Part 3 3D

I Spit on Your Grave

Hatchet (Unrated Director's Cut)

Salt (Deluxe Unrated Edition)

Dark Blue (+ Widescreen DVD)

A Perfect Getaway (Unrated Director's Cut)

The Expendables (Three-Disc Blu-ray/DVD Combo + Digital Copy)

The A-Team (+ Digital Copy)

The tailor of Panama

From Paris with Love

The Box

The Town (Extended Cut)

Red (Movie-Only Edition)

Pan's Labyrinth

Walking Tall (+ Widescreen DVD)

Pride and Glory (+ Digital Copy)

The Stepfather

In Bruges

Into The Blue

The Book of Eli

Law Abiding Citizen

The Texas Chain Saw Massacre

A Prophet

Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

Arn: The Knight Templar

See No Evil

Spy Game

Deliverance

Trick 'r Treat

Stir of Echoes

The Pink Panther

Legion

Unforgiven

Striking Distance

Can't say I'm a fan of animation, but that would probably change once mini mes arrive. Oh, and also got Dark City - fantastic for sci-fi!

Yep, prepare for that to change. I have forgotten how many times I have now watched Cars (fantastic movie) or The Polar Express (not a fav of mine at all) or Hotwheels Accelerators.....

My son used to watch Cars every night. He loves cars and trains so also love The Polar Express and will now talk along with the movie. He also now likes Dora and Little Einsteins. One good thing about Singapore is the ability to get VCDs for the kids which are much cheaper than the DVDs. The kids don't mind the quality difference and they are easy to put on the NAS so if the discs fail due to being pushed along the floor face down by the kids it is no big issue :D .

RB

Yep, prepare for that to change. I have forgotten how many times I have now watched Cars (fantastic movie) or The Polar Express (not a fav of mine at all) or Hotwheels Accelerators.....

My son used to watch Cars every night. He loves cars and trains so also love The Polar Express and will now talk along with the movie. He also now likes Dora and Little Einsteins. One good thing about Singapore is the ability to get VCDs for the kids which are much cheaper than the DVDs. The kids don't mind the quality difference and they are easy to put on the NAS so if the discs fail due to being pushed along the floor face down by the kids it is no big issue :D .

RB

Cars BD is awesome!!! Toy Story 1,2 & 3 has probably the best pix quality if viewed in 1080p.

Still waiting for Finding Nemo to be available in BD. Heard Lion King is coming soon.

Cheers

Cars BD is awesome!!! Toy Story 1,2 & 3 has probably the best pix quality if viewed in 1080p.

Still waiting for Finding Nemo to be available in BD. Heard Lion King is coming soon.

Cheers

I have Madagascar 2, Cars, 'The Polar Express, Kung Fu Panda, Ratatouille, Monsters Inc, Despicable Me, How to train your dragon , Up, Ledgends of the Guardians, Megamind, Planet 51, Shrek the Third, The Penguins of Madagascar ep1 tv series and Animatrix. I like the Pixar stuff but not so much in to the classic Disney cartoons.

I still want to get some others like Meet the Robinsons (Bowler Hat Guy is just such a fantastic bumbling bad guy) and The Incredibles. They are on the two for S$60 in laserfair at the moment for a lot of them. Not sure if they are cheaper in Amazon or the like.

Not such a big fan of the Toy Story series or Wall-E. Finding Nemo was ok and so was A bugs life but not must gets for me.

List for computer animated movies here for anyone trying to remember.

RB

Ordered q acoustics floor standers frm adelphi..any reviews on this speakers?the 1013i..

Can only see reviews for the 1010i or the 1030i.

RB

Ordered q acoustics floor standers frm adelphi..any reviews on this speakers?the 1013i..

I'm also thinking of taking the floorstanders for the 1000 series...

but the general reviews are that the 2000 series are better?

no?

hmmm...

Hey guys,

The Husband just bought another shiny precioussss:

hero.jpg

No idea where it's going to go at the moment, but most likely the bedroom. Anyone can recommend some nice (>$300) speakers to go with this? It looks really cute! Currently, using it with my computer and female vocals and instruments are the best stand-out.

-Ely

Hey guys,

The Husband just bought another shiny precioussss:

hero.jpg

No idea where it's going to go at the moment, but most likely the bedroom. Anyone can recommend some nice (>$300) speakers to go with this? It looks really cute! Currently, using it with my computer and female vocals and instruments are the best stand-out.

-Ely

NIce how much? I also interested. Haha

Popped in to Cash Converters in Tampines this morning and found;

Kef Cresta 3s - S$129 (probably about right price wise for SH) - reasonable condition although didn't check the cones as the grills were on. One plastic tab stuck in the top of the banana plug connectors but should be fairly easy to remove. An example of what they look like are in this link (this is not where I saw them) or from the Kef site here (choose late 1990s -> Cresta -> Cresta 3).

Mordant Short 5.30 - S$129 (IIRC). Bit battered and the looks are ...... distinctive :D. Interestingly the most info I have found on them is from Vietnamese forums.

The Crestas would be tempting to me if I was starting of a system at a budget.

RB

I have asked about the possibility of a subforum for Sound and Vision as this thread seems to be taking most questions on its own. So far no response from Admin or The Rat.

Hopefully when they are not too busy they may be willing to help set it up if possible. Might make it a bit easier with so many wide ranging questions in one thread.

RB