Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
i-poh

Island Concept Kitchen For Everyday Cooking?

Hi

We are also thinking of doing a open concept kitchen with an island, is it possible to put the kitchen sink in the island with the pipes running under the tiles?

Thanks

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Hi

We are also thinking of doing a open concept kitchen with an island, is it possible to put the kitchen sink in the island with the pipes running under the tiles?

Thanks

yes it's possible

am doing that for our island kitchen

it's easier than putting a hood/hob on the island for sure

usually when people put a hood/hob, they will go for induction type hobs so as to avoid running gas pipes or taking up space using the cylinder type gas.

But it's gonna be tough installing a hood unless you go for those counter type hood :)

Keep in mind that you would want to have the sink close to the cooker... you don't want to be walking around with heavy pots.

Open concept kitchen is great if you entertain often. It's good for people to prep food or cook together.

If you cook most of your dishes in the oven, I say go ahead and have an open kitchen.

If you're Chinese and stir fry your food all the time, I'd say a closed kitchen is way more practical.

Also, I'd advise against the open shelves... anything you put there that is used only occasionally would be very dusty.

hope it helps!

Edited by january

Hi

Thanks

If u r talking abt HDB flat, water pipes cannot be concealed under the tiles as HDB will not allow it. I guess u will not want to have to dig up ur tiles should the pipes leak one day. What I did was to run the pipes under the ktichen top of my island.