Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
getting-there

Cov Reasonable ?

Blk is 604.

AMK is an mature estate. Almost 80% of the block is old , can trace back to early 80

which blk.

I can est est tell you possible or not

If just did lift upgrade, chances of en-block.

My guess 0%

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

yes, the agent is representing the seller. All I did was to sign the OTP . There's also a form which I signed which mentioned the comission which is to be paid from the COV amt. But I reckon that it shouldn't have any penalty as all the agent did was paper work and submitting the OTP, correct?

u need not pay agent if u never sign anything on agent comm. lift upgrading cost a bomb for gahmen and en bloc defntly not in near future. seriously i doubt u got a good agent. is he representing sellers too? or even good frend of sellers agent? interest of conflcits? as someone said i agree prices are at the ceiling now and i can see high COVs flats still hanging especially those not near mrts or good amenties.

yes, the agent is representing the seller. All I did was to sign the OTP . There's also a form which I signed which mentioned the comission which is to be paid from the COV amt. But I reckon that it shouldn't have any penalty as all the agent did was paper work and submitting the OTP, correct?

That agent sounds like very hard-selling type leh.

That form is the commission form. Agents only get their commissions if the resale transaction is completed. So don't worry, you do not have to pay him a single cent if you decide not to exercise the option to buy the unit.

Edited by forgotten

The flat is reasonably big as compared to newer flats these days. Not much amenities except maybe coffeeshops downstairs. Bus stops only has feeder buses and premium buses which will cost at most $3.50 - $6 to get to the city. I guess I was too kan chiong and not careful plus the fact that the agent kept rushing me into this.

shouldn't u have thought about the COV before putting down the 1k? 40k COV is alot to pay, in my opinion...

HDB valuation report buyers always have to pay - that is the standard.

how big is the flat? maybe you can consider the amenities in the neighbourhood and distance to buses/MRT..what made you put down the 1k in the first place - what did u like about the place?

That agent sounds like very hard-selling type leh.

That form is the commission form. Agents only get their commissions if the resale transaction is completed. So don't worry, you do not have to pay him a single cent if you decide not to exercise the option to buy the unit.

Agree with you. Never never paid a agent be it seller or buyer till end of 2nd appt completed and also make sure during the final inspection on the flat you are buying is fully totally empty.

Blk is 604.

I'm more familiar on 63x and 64x

U aiming CHIJ St. Nichole Girl sch ar?

bus stop right infront.

Straight bus to zoo :D

is never a good deal when seller and buyer the same agent. agent will sure take advantage. mostly will side sellers coz they wiil be selling and buying so 3% comm. buyer only 1%. My bro faced the same thing . Even during inspection agent was helping the seller to do house removal and tried to push old junkies to us. seller terminated the power supply even when i requested transfer. agent was speechless and obviousy siding the sellers when questioned abt the service. lft upgrading advertised as paid when not paid. during 1st appt officer said 2k! luckily i printed the agents ad saying fully paid, thus managed to get 1k post dated cheque 2nd appt from unwilling seller. really feel no good when i wrote a 1% cheque ;) for poor service

sorry, i'm out of touch - what's going to be done then?

Wow, today LKY appeared in the paper, saying Singapore's property has no bubble yet! Comparatively "cheap" to indone & Phil & Thai, & admitted that singapore residential got "real" demand = slapping face of Mah's of what Mah said earlier on. His son has earlier said HDB is meant for own's staying, not for selling for "profit".....Mah BT then follow by wanting to build more BTO & release more lands. Never observe the speed of releasing, recently? Pasir Ris recently got only 3 tenderers! All developers scared already!

Lots of wulo & tarak. Ghost month is coming, so must wulo a bit to create the sentiment, I guess, then follow by GE.

Done:

-MOP to 3 yr

-50% profit back to cpf

- Min sum - on going

- 1 yr subsale

- VL??

- Profit taxation to house traders, discretion to IRAS

- Annual home valuation revised(increased)

Halfway through:

- Property agent/agency regulations

- Likely a "must need" agent for both buyer/seller for hdb.

Yet to be done:

- Revise 5% downpayment

- Revise HDB rental regulations

- Time-bar for seller & buyer

- So many...

Care to contribute some?

Edited by bepgof

Done:

- New SPR quota on top of ethic quota

- Reduce bank loans from 90% to 80%

Edited by forgotten

Hi,

I am currently on OT and considering buying a flat in an old estate .

The issue is that the old estate is at AMK and the seller is bmuping up the COV by as much as 40K even though there is no renovation in the apt except the main living room tiles which are almost 20 yrs old. There were three owners in the past for this unit including the present owner

What is frustrating is that the main toilet is still the squat type and the owner refuse to budge into upgrading it to the seating type . Also even though the lift has been upgraded, the owner has not paid the bill for it and expect the buyer (myself) to pay for it.

Included in this expectation for the buyer to pay is also the HDB evaluation report.

Can anyone tell me for 40K is this a reasonable amount to fork out for COV ?

Should I use my OTP status (haven't confifirm although might lose 1K ) to pressure the agent/owner into paying for those stuffs ?

Any advice will be appreciated. Tks

Once again just something to share as i shared in my previous reply to the same tp :)

I paid for a COV 100K in toa payoh area within 2 mins walk to MRT . ( Freinds of mine say THIS " wow lau , siow har ...ji ba cheng bui HDB ! ) hahaha in hokkien i,they really make me laugh also :bangwall: . part 2 - i need to spent at least another 15 to 20 k to put up grill at balcony ,painting ,kichen ..bla bla bla .but ..like put it this way ...first all my family like it , it's really super convenient..rare unit are really really hard to come by .

last for part 3 ... my fres tell me ....( li sibeh hu liu mah ) hahaha ....i tell u ...this top up i need to borrow insurance and extra bank loan to pay off ...

so the moral of the above is ... it really depend on individual ...some like durain some find it bloody stinko ! too many suggestion from ppl will spoilt the soup , well be happy lor ...end of the day life is short ! IS A ROOF U STAY SPENT WZ EVERYDAY ...if u have family ...make a plan for the future ...hope this really help .. :horse::paint:

Best of all ...

Edited by Leeman