Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
marshmallow

The Marshmallow Land

thanks. any website or company that I can see the colours?

i think they usually have booths during those home deco fairs. if you happen to be there, you can request them to show you some samples? ;)

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
i think they usually have booths during those home deco fairs. if you happen to be there, you can request them to show you some samples? ;)

no lah, not going for these fairs for now :D

no lah, not going for these fairs for now :D

haha maybe when you go Expo for some sales shopping can drop by if there is any home fair on-going ;) though i also seldom go Expo la... too far for me :lol:

Hello!

It's quite entertaining seeing the mini-conversation posts, esp the one with your dad on the kitchen cabinet height. Think froggy mentioned something about the heights discussion, may i know where is the discussion part?

I'm also on the petite side closer to froggy and your height frame I think but have no problem cooking on the standard cabinet height - only thing is I suck at using the wok & frying spatula together. Realised this when I was using the wok and spatula at my parents' place :bangwall: Prefer using the flat pan more which is easier since I'm usng vitroceramic hob.

Hello!

It's quite entertaining seeing the mini-conversation posts, esp the one with your dad on the kitchen cabinet height. Think froggy mentioned something about the heights discussion, may i know where is the discussion part?

I'm also on the petite side closer to froggy and your height frame I think but have no problem cooking on the standard cabinet height - only thing is I suck at using the wok & frying spatula together. Realised this when I was using the wok and spatula at my parents' place :bangwall: Prefer using the flat pan more which is easier since I'm usng vitroceramic hob.

thanks for visiting here :lol: hahaha the height discussion is here, on another t-blog ;)

http://www.renotalk.com/forum/index.php?sh...st&p=523571

hmmm maybe that's precisely why you find using the wok difficult? cos once the stove (and hence the wok) is lowered, using the wok & frying spatula becomes a lot easier~! :)

Not that, it's the turning of food with spatula + the fire from the stove. Need alot of arm muscle to toss the wok also.

Usually ah, I cook with a spoon 'coz I can never get used to using a spatula to stir fry properly.

thanks for visiting here :lol: hahaha the height discussion is here, on another t-blog ;)

http://www.renotalk.com/forum/index.php?sh...st&p=523571

hmmm maybe that's precisely why you find using the wok difficult? cos once the stove (and hence the wok) is lowered, using the wok & frying spatula becomes a lot easier~! :)

Not that, it's the turning of food with spatula + the fire from the stove. Need alot of arm muscle to toss the wok also.

Usually ah, I cook with a spoon 'coz I can never get used to using a spatula to stir fry properly.

oh i see i see... so even if the stove is lower, it can only help the fire and arm muscle part, but not the spatula part hahaha~

erm what kind of spoon huh? those wooden type? :)

i can't use the flat pan properly... when i fry veggie, the veggie fly too :lol: at least wok can contain them better hahaha...

Not the wooden type, its a normal metal spoon - the kind you use for eating. lol.

:P

oh i see i see... so even if the stove is lower, it can only help the fire and arm muscle part, but not the spatula part hahaha~

erm what kind of spoon huh? those wooden type? :)

i can't use the flat pan properly... when i fry veggie, the veggie fly too :lol: at least wok can contain them better hahaha...

hi there! here comes my monthly update... :lol:

MORE on Kitchen - The Kitchen Table Story

My kitchen is very long and have this weird little space next to the kitchen entrance, which i always wanted to put an additional cabinets/worktop but the plan was put off during reno stage :(

(the space i'm talking about is on left of the photo)

5403357960_c99ba699e2_z.jpg

the width of this space is less than 40cm, makes it really difficult to get some ready-made cabinets or sort.

after living in our home for a while, i really feel that my countertop is overcrowded at the dry area, with my oven/rice cooker/water heater etc all squeezing in that small space i have. if i want to get another induction cooker in future, there will be even less space.

so, i'm looking for something to fit into that narrow space next to the entrance. i need:

1) A solid top where my water heater, water jugs and rice cooker will sit.

2) some shelves/racks below for me to dry and store my woks and pots.

3) Colour wise, something that can match my kitchen - stainless steel? white? black???

initially, i was looking at some stainless steel kitchen table or trolley from Ikea, like the Udden or UTBY series. BUT they are too wide to fit into that narrow space........... :bangwall:

Udden Trolley

60116998_110.jpg

Flytta Trolley

00058487_110.jpg

Utby Shelving Unit

00117552.jpg

another idea is to use some simple chrome shelves like this. Howard Storage World has one that is 3-tiers and allows you to fit in a melamine board on top:

63-inch-high-chrome-plated-wire-shelving

but hubby says... why such a simple shelves + board costs close to $200... not worth it~ :huh:

hi there! here comes my monthly update... :lol:

MORE on kitchen - The Kitchen Table Story

My kitchen is very long and have this weird little space next to the kitchen entrance, which i always wanted to put an additional cabinets/worktop but the plan was put off during reno stage :(

(the space i'm talking about is on left of the photo)

5403357960_c99ba699e2_z.jpg

the width of this space is less than 40cm, makes it really difficult to get some ready-made cabinets or sort.

after living in our home for a while, i really feel that my countertop is overcrowded at the dry area, with my oven/rice cooker/water heater etc all squeezing in the ~1.2m of space i have. if i want to get another induction cooker in future, there will be even less space.

so, i'm looking for something to fit into that narrow space next to the entrance. i need:

1) A solid top where my water heater, water jugs and rice cooker will sit.

2) some shelves/racks below for me to dry and store my woks and pots.

initially, i was looking at some stainless steel kitchen table or trolley from Ikea, like the Udden or UTBY series. BUT they are too wide to fit into that narrow space........... :bangwall:

Udden Trolley

60116998_110.jpg

Flytta Trolley

00058487_110.jpg

Utby Shelving Unit

00117552.jpg

another idea is to use some simple chrome shelves like this. Howard Storage World has one that is 3-tiers and allows you to fit in a melamine board on top:

63-inch-high-chrome-plated-wire-shelving

but hubby says... why such a simple shelves + board costs close to $200... not worth it~ :huh:

Edited by marshmallow

The Kitchen Table Story - Continued

After a lot of shopping, we have found this in Ikea - strangely, this product is not featured in Ikea SG's website and catalogue:

Mellitorp Occasional table, SGD $99:

melltorp-occasional-table-white__0094453

The width can fit into the space just right.... went to look at it again during last weekend, this time *somehow* i felt that i'd like something slightly longer.... :P but hubby likes this becos he felt that white goes better with our kitchen, the built seems quite solid and the price is good :lol:

anyway, we haven't bought it yet cos Ikea delivery is very full until after CNY...... still thinking........

any comments...? do you think this white Mellitorp looks good? :)

The Kitchen Table Story - Continued

After a lot of shopping, we have found this in Ikea - strangely, this product is not featured in Ikea SG's website and catalogue:

Mellitorp Occasional table, SGD $99:

melltorp-occasional-table-white__0094453

The width can fit into the space just right.... went to look at it again during last weekend, this time *somehow* i felt that i'd like something slightly longer.... :P but hubby likes this becos he felt that white goes better with our kitchen, the built seems quite solid and the price is good :lol:

anyway, we haven't bought it yet cos Ikea delivery is very full until after CNY...... still thinking........

any comments...? do you think this white Mellitorp looks good? :)

we went to ikea tampines last sat and saw this $99 table too. so qiao, we are also looking for a white kitchen side table. It was a new item and that's why no inside the catalogue. We wanted it at the first look. but later find it too light weight and frenzy. Eventually, we went for its ancestor, the white $199 kitchen table besides it. I built it up last sat night and it is really solid. =) but it is longer than this $99 by a bit.

We bought this 60116998_110.jpg udden tray as well.

Will show the pictures tonight how they look in the kitchen! =)

Edited by steelze

we went to ikea tampines last sat and saw this $99 table too. so qiao, we are also looking for a white kitchen side table. It was a new item and that's why no inside the catalogue. We wanted it at the first look. but later find it too light weight and frenzy. Eventually, we went for its ancestor, the white $199 kitchen table besides it. I built it up last sat night and it is really solid. =) but it is longer than this $99 by a bit.

We bought this 60116998_110.jpg udden tray as well.

Will show the pictures tonight how they look in the kitchen! =)

i think i know which is the $199 one... is it this one?

LYCKHEM occasional table

30162393.jpg

ya this one is longer hubby said he doesn't like cos the sides look weird to him~ :( so immediately dropped from the list.

the $99 one is flimsy mah? i thought it was quite sturdy... okie i shall check more carefully when i visit ikea next time~

meanwhile, shall wait for your review on your table....... :lol:

Correction: It's not for wok frying but for stir-frying in a flat pan. =x Wok frying I ask my hubby to fry better if need to use the wok. :P

Using a frying spatula isn't one of my handy hand talents either :rolleyes: .

wahahaha first time i hear pple using spoon for wok frying... you're good! :lol: