Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
marshmallow

The Marshmallow Land

i know what flowers you mean when you said looks like roses.... hehehehe.... ok, next time after i move to my new house, i will check out for you. but you got to be patient! need to wait for 2 more months, ok? (i am telling myself to be patient too).

hhmm... i am going to do something bad... my friends asked me to cook for them, so i told them, i will cook if they help me to pluck some pandan leaves downstairs of my house before they come up. or else, no opening of door for them to come in, not to say, no food for them as well. Good idea? hahahahaha......

haha sure... meanwhile i will keep a look out when i go out... if i see this flower elsewhere i may just pluck some to bring home wahahaha :lol:

well your friends can always buy pandan leaves from NTUC or market and bring to your place~ :P

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
haha sure... meanwhile i will keep a look out when i go out... if i see this flower elsewhere i may just pluck some to bring home wahahaha :lol:

well your friends can always buy pandan leaves from NTUC or market and bring to your place~ :P

i told them i want it fresh!! but if they do buy from ntuc or market, i am fine... although i do hope they will pluck from downstairs. hehehehe....

Hmm.. i not sure but ipad2 already announced today, going to stakeout for one this month soon if it reaches malaysia. tee hee

not sure whether that was iPad's problem, or my fren's problem.... :P but anyway that was her feedback ya~
Edited by BunBun

froggy, i also wanna find out the name for this "will not die" flower~ googled and find some photos:

IMG_4583.JPG

IMG_4584.JPG

the flowers and buds look something like this (also come in other colours like white, pink, orange), but the leaves and stems are slightly different.... hmmm that website says this is a type of hibicious, so i supposed the "will not die" also belongs to the hibicious family? :unsure:

maybe i should check if the floral stall auntie downstairs sells this.... i saw these flowers in NUS before... almost plucked some to bring back to grow hahahahaha :P

May, if you see happen to see this kind of flowers at the nursary, maybe you can help to ask what is it? hahahaha thanks first~ :)

btw, how about your plan to take the pandan leaves? :lol:

the red one def looks like hibiscus, but the white one like cabbage leh?? This kind of plant can plant in pot along walkway? Cannot afford too big pots else clutter up the place and neighbour complain

hahahaha... you know, for this reason, i suddenly used the previous roll of kitchen towel very fast... so i can put up the kitchen holder ASAP :lol:

i know i know. i also like that, that's why nowadays I try not to buy things that band 2 or 3 pc together de. otherwise I tend to want to quickly finish the first, then go on to the next, bc the second one is taking up space somewhere ...

the red one def looks like hibiscus, but the white one like cabbage leh?? This kind of plant can plant in pot along walkway? Cannot afford too big pots else clutter up the place and neighbour complain

the white is same as the pink one leh... just that the white one is not fully bloomed yet.

anyway, after extensive googling, this is the closest i can find:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hibiscus_mutabilis

Hibiscus mutabilis, also known as the Confederate rose or the cotton rosemallow, is a plant noted for its flowers.

ya the funny thing is, all the info i found says they can grow to become a tree. but, but last time, i only grew them in small pots, diameter no bigger than 15cm ones... (i had many pots, though :P) one thing in common for the info i found and my experience is that this flower grows SUPER FAST. hahahaha~ :lol:

maybe other gardening experts can help in this~ :help:

i know i know. i also like that, that's why nowadays I try not to buy things that band 2 or 3 pc together de. otherwise I tend to want to quickly finish the first, then go on to the next, bc the second one is taking up space somewhere ...

hahahaha... i also try not to buy too many things cos dun like to take up space~ i even planned my entire week's menu at one go so my fridge will be empty by the end of the week (i do marketing once a week) :P

but if buy things in bundle, i won't have the tendency to use up quickly... this time for the kitchen holder is an exceptional case :lol:

i even planned my entire week's menu at one go so my fridge will be empty by the end of the week (i do marketing once a week) :P

are you successful at that? I've tried, for many years, but eventually gave up ie to empty the fridge by end of each week

are you successful at that? I've tried, for many years, but eventually gave up ie to empty the fridge by end of each week

hahahaha... if marsh is successful in that, please teach me how cos i also never be able to do that.

hahahaha... if marsh is successful in that, please teach me how cos i also never be able to do that.

so far 90% of the time successful... hahaha~ :lol: good enough for me liao~ but must be very discipline to stick to the menu you've planned ;)

but yea quite tiring to plan whole week's menus... sometimes just no inspiration man~ and when plans change (e.g. frens asking you out for dinner), suddenly feel very stressed cos dunno what to do with the food hahahaha :lol:

so far 90% of the time successful... hahaha~ :lol: good enough for me liao~ but must be very discipline to stick to the menu you've planned ;)

but yea quite tiring to plan whole week's menus... sometimes just no inspiration man~ and when plans change (e.g. frens asking you out for dinner), suddenly feel very stressed cos dunno what to do with the food hahahaha :lol:

Cooking need inspiration. So cannot plan then buy whole week... Sometimes, got to see what are nice and available at market. Hehe...

Cooking need inspiration. So cannot plan then buy whole week... Sometimes, got to see what are nice and available at market. Hehe...

for me it's more discipline. sometimes already enough stock at home, but when go supermarket, saw something nice then end up buying. That's why my 1 week's supply is always more than enough.

But how about packet portion? How many in yr family? Often, a packet of eg meat is more than enough for a single serving, so I have to divide at home. And since my kids will not like to eat the same food over 2 consecutive days, that packet of thing will become next week or maybe even the third week's food.

for me it's more discipline. sometimes already enough stock at home, but when go supermarket, saw something nice then end up buying. That's why my 1 week's supply is always more than enough.

But how about packet portion? How many in yr family? Often, a packet of eg meat is more than enough for a single serving, so I have to divide at home. And since my kids will not like to eat the same food over 2 consecutive days, that packet of thing will become next week or maybe even the third week's food.

i will plan the whole week's menu first, then when i reach supermarket, may make adjustment depends on what's nice and fresh there... or simply, what's available there... every time i want to cook corn soup, somehow corn will be sold out. then when i want to make lotus root soup, lotus root will be sold out but there are tons of corn around :wacko:

sometimes if i didn't think ahead, i'll plan on the spot when i reach supermarket :lol:

in NTUC, the packets come in different sizes... so i have experimented and know how many grams of meat etc we eat for a meal, then will buy the appropriate weight of meat/veggie ;)

if bigger packet one e.g. celery, then i plan the menu such that i will eat them twice a week, but not on consecutive days :P and will cook in different methods so at least it won't be exactly the same....

Hallo, marshmallow

I was with csingeu yesterday and he mentioned you stayed nearby his area, in JW. I recalled your blog is one of them which I read while searching for reno inspiration before I started my own blog. So, I was exclaiming "oh...marshmallow? I have read her blog" while talking to him.

Now, while reading thru, it seems like you young ladies (froggy, maydream, ...) are really great cooks!

i will plan the whole week's menu first, then when i reach supermarket, may make adjustment depends on what's nice and fresh there... or simply, what's available there... every time i want to cook corn soup, somehow corn will be sold out. then when i want to make lotus root soup, lotus root will be sold out but there are tons of corn around :wacko:

sometimes if i didn't think ahead, i'll plan on the spot when i reach supermarket :lol:

in NTUC, the packets come in different sizes... so i have experimented and know how many grams of meat etc we eat for a meal, then will buy the appropriate weight of meat/veggie ;)

if bigger packet one e.g. celery, then i plan the menu such that i will eat them twice a week, but not on consecutive days :P and will cook in different methods so at least it won't be exactly the same....

ya i know... but when go shopping, sometimes will buy more and sometimes buy too little.

you must really know how to cook very well for you to cook it different style for the same things!! :good: