Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
marshmallow

The Marshmallow Land

Hi~

After a few months of camping in renotalk, finally picked up the "challenge" to start my own t-blog :)

Thanks for all the valuable advices and information from you - the friendly renotalkers - all these while :) Hope that i can also share info that's beneficial to others, and of course, hope that you all will continue to help in giving me comments and advices~

with renovation, busy work schedule, and wedding prep... really feel that my brain can explode at any time :bangwall: pray that my reno journey will be as smooth as possible... and hmmmm... let's see if i can keep up with updating this t-blog hee hee~ :lol:

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

okie first of all... my floor plan~! :)

4687661396_d54a96ab49.jpg

It's a 25-yr-old 4A flat at approx. 105 sqm (at least that's what HDB says :P), nowadays you can never find 4A with this size liao~ It quite spacious but only thing is almost all the walls are crooked or curve (very evidently shown on the floor plan), so everything also looks YY de... :bangwall:

Work involves for reno are:

• complete overhaul of kitchen and 2 toilets
  • hacking of wall of a common room (future study room)
  • whole house plastering, painting
  • replace all windows and room doors
  • whole house rewiring
  • polishing of existing marble floor

.... etc.

basically, everything in the house has changed except the flooring...

Welcome to RT :)

Congratulations on your purchase, don't forget to post pics ok.

And you are right new flats now are very much smaller. Hope you'll have a smoother reno and wedding prep journey :)

Hee, thanks for your warm welcome~ :) i myself can't wait to see the transformation too!

Great to see yr blog :) and thanks for using flickr hahaha

Din expect yr blog came before bro hcbing ... lol

LOL cos my office can only use flickr la... just like you hahaha... yea i didn't expect my t-blog will be up before his too~ *faint*

a little background about our new place...

at first, we planned to start hunting for flats some time in Aug last year, so that house reno and wedding prep can be spread out... However, due to some unforeseen circumstances, we were not able to do so until early Feb this year :( and unfortunately, flat prices and COV shot up by A LOT during this period :bangwall:

after 2 weeks of intensive house viewing, we have come to our new home... it was love at first sight :) my hubby and i have very different taste... this is the first time that we finally found something we both like ;) immediately, we know that this is the ONE~ :lol:

this is the lake view that we fell in love with once we stepped into the flat.... :)

4748574998_ba666b89d7.jpg

Welcome to RT. Hope you have a successful reno journey. Your plan looks nice and the place is big (close to the size of newer 5room flat). I think there is room to make it unique.

with renovation, busy work schedule, and wedding prep... really feel that my brain can explode at any time :bangwall: pray that my reno journey will be as smooth as possible... and hmmmm... let's see if i can keep up with updating this t-blog hee hee~ :lol:

Hi marshmallow,

That is the view of Chinese garden isn't it? ;)

Your apt looks spacious!

I totally feel you, certainly not an easy feat juggling all the stuffs at the e same time.

My fiancee and me are in the same shoes; preparation for our wedding as well.

She's looking into the wedding stuffs while me here in reno. heh

All the best for your renovation, let me know if you need any help.

a little background about our new place...

at first, we planned to start hunting for flats some time in Aug last year, so that house reno and wedding prep can be spread out... However, due to some unforeseen circumstances, we were not able to do so until early Feb this year :( and unfortunately, flat prices and COV shot up by A LOT during this period :bangwall:

after 2 weeks of intensive house viewing, we have come to our new home... it was love at first sight :) my hubby and i have very different taste... this is the first time that we finally found something we both like ;) immediately, we know that this is the ONE~ :lol:

this is the lake view that we fell in love with once we stepped into the flat.... :)

4748574998_ba666b89d7.jpg

marshmellow

i live opposite you!

i live actually...err on the other side of the lake. so technically we live opposite each other (albeit a far one)

is the nearest mrt station lakeside or chinese garden? i should think lakeside...

Thanks for all the warm welcome~! :)

Hi marshmallow,

That is the view of Chinese garden isn't it? ;)

Your apt looks spacious!

I totally feel you, certainly not an easy feat juggling all the stuffs at the e same time.

My fiancee and me are in the same shoes; preparation for our wedding as well.

She's looking into the wedding stuffs while me here in reno. heh

All the best for your renovation, let me know if you need any help.

Thanks~ :) Yup *bingo* that's Chinese Garden~!

Haha now very busy rite... it's really not easy to plan so many big events at the same time~!

marshmellow

i live opposite you!

i live actually...err on the other side of the lake. so technically we live opposite each other (albeit a far one)

is the nearest mrt station lakeside or chinese garden? i should think lakeside...

I'm at Chinese Garden side... haha i know which point block you are at liao... next to the lake one is it? ;) i was drooling over that block :dribble: ... too bad that block only has 5-room flats!

I'm at Chinese Garden side... haha i know which point block you are at liao... next to the lake one is it? ;) i was drooling over that block :dribble: ... too bad that block only has 5-room flats!

marshmellow

i actually do not know my Jurong bearings very well; when i showed my hb the view of your place, he said that we are staying opposite the lake from yours.

however, i m staying next to chinese garden mrt too, so right now im scratching my head - am i opposite you or not?

btw, as a hint, parc oasis is diagonally opposite my place. i suspect we are staying very very near.............

marshmellow

i actually do not know my Jurong bearings very well; when i showed my hb the view of your place, he said that we are staying opposite the lake from yours.

however, i m staying next to chinese garden mrt too, so right now im scratching my head - am i opposite you or not?

btw, as a hint, parc oasis is diagonally opposite my place. i suspect we are staying very very near.............

o. i always run past ur place during my jogging sessions.