Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
marshmallow

The Marshmallow Land

The Kitchen Story - continued to continue

I think very hard how the cabinet could go wrong... then i realised that there must be a lapse in communication when we discussed about the cabinet.

my idea:

5061555491_34293ce9a0_z.jpg

Henry's proposed idea and our discussion:

5061555509_6104d10958_z.jpg

So, seems like...

• I simply assume that when he took out dish drainer, he will take out the extra panel of cabinet as well.
  • Henry thought that I just didn't want the dish drainer, but still keeping his configuration of cabinets, since i didn't say explicitly about taking out the panel of cabinet.

You can say it's my fault to assume... haha but Henry was kind enough to help me change the cabinets FOC. :)

Few days later... the carpenters came again and the position of cabinets are all corrected now! yay! :D

4992725010_0b72344e75_z.jpg

Noob Lesson 3: Don't assume - you think, i thought, who confirm?

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

I think very hard how the cabinet could go wrong... then i realised that there must be a lapse in communication when we discussed about the cabinet.

my idea:

So, seems like...

• I simply assume that when he took out dish drainer, he will take out the extra panel of cabinet as well.
  • Henry thought that I just didn't want the dish drainer, but still keeping his configuration of cabinets, since i didn't say explicitly about taking out the panel of cabinet.

You can say it's my fault to assume... haha but Henry was kind enough to help me change the cabinets FOC. :)

Few days later... the carpenters came again and the position of cabinets are all corrected now! yay! :D

Thank goodness it was rectified, if not really no space to put your appliances... I think that's a common problem. When we want to change a specific item, we tend to assume that using common sense, another part should be modified also. But common sense is not always common.... :dunno:

The Kitchen Story

My hubby said kitchen is the part he is most satisfied with in our home, becos this is "the biggest place in this house where everything is new" :lol: i supposed MBR and common toilets come in a close second, then.

okie, here come the photos....

Seller told me, kitchen was the only place they did a reno when they got the house 13 yrs ago.

4992724814_64167e047b_z.jpg

left: original condition

right: everything hacked. bye bye...............

it's not that ugly, but it's just very ill-maintained and dirty becos his tenants didn't quite take care of it... when we took over the house, they even left behind a spoilt fridge with spoilt food remained inside.............. and we bet that the fridge has been spoilt for months (or even years) cos the replacement fridge didn't look new either... yucks :bleah::jawdrop:8|

tiling in-progress:

4992116199_e6e4fd56d0_z.jpg

we chose a white tiles with thin white strips. the strips can't be seen easily, but we like this subtle effect - simple yet not just a boring piece of white tiles.

my father has been nagging me almost daily that i should use 30x60 for the kitchen wall. but, we still opted for the 30x45 tiles cos we didn't want to top up from the original quote :P

few days before tiling started, Henry informed us that the tiles were out of stock - apparently Hafary made a mistake cos just a day ago, they confirmed the stock status and committed a delivery schedule. They only have stocks for 30x60 left, and the strips are of different direction (parallel to short side instead of to long side).....

Henry asked if we prefer to change to the 30x60 one, or to select another tiles. After some thinking, we decided to take the 30x60 one.... and since it wasn't our fault, Henry offered to absorb the higher workmanship fee for 30x60~ yay~ :dancingqueen:

so, i "complied" to my father's request to use 30x60 tiles afterall....... :P

You are so lucky.. Why mine didnt absorb for me.. :(

my idea:

So, seems like...

Starhub Kitchen!!! Hee hee... :lol: my gf would have loved ur kitchen..

Thank goodness it was rectified, if not really no space to put your appliances... I think that's a common problem. When we want to change a specific item, we tend to assume that using common sense, another part should be modified also. But common sense is not always common.... :dunno:

yupz... different pple also have different common sense... haha! :D i'm just glad that the mistake was rectified~ :)

Starhub Kitchen!!! Hee hee... :lol: my gf would have loved ur kitchen..

hee hee yeah starhub kitchen! joining the singtel kitchen of bro Simon and M1 kitchen of Coldflamez.... :lol:

and finally...

my starhub kitchen - the finished product :lol:

4992724520_4f751eacf0_z.jpg

sorry it's a bit messy cos i already started using the kitchen... hahaha... must show this photo to prove to Henry that i cook okie!!! he always says he doesn't believe i can cook... 8|

Took a long, long time to decide on the kitchen top. At first, wanted to have a light-colour top cos we thought light colour goes better with the kitchen theme. At the same time, I really wanted granite becos of its ease of maintenance and durability, but most of the granite colours/pattern doesn't match the kitchen theme.... :(

after discussing and thinking for a loooonnngggg time, decided to go for granite - when i recalled how many times i put hot wok/pans on kitchen top during cooking :P then, black granite seems to be the only one that can match my kitchen colour....

when the granite top was finally up, i was surprised by end result - not only that it doesn't look odd, the black granite actually added a touch of class to the whole kitchen~ ;)

really glad that i made the right choice~! :lol:

Edited by marshmallow

this is the service area behind the L-shape kitchen.... with my Brandt washer ;)

4992724618_3042d5608a_z.jpg

still thinking of a good way to put my mops orderly....

laundry basket from Ikea. Actually we used to have a lime green one (also from Ikea) that marches the whole kitchen theme just right! but too bad it was damaged by the mover when we shifted house... sobz :~ tried to get back from Ikea but realised they only have black and white now... SOBZ :~

Retractable clothes hanger from Woei-Lee, and my and my kitchen bao-bei: Hitachi fridge, Panasonic Microwave Oven (with steam and grill function), and Thermos thermal cooker..

4992724694_b16b285250_z.jpg

this retractable clothes hanger has been the favourite among my guests so far... everyone loves it~ and my guests always asked for demo... hahaha :lol:

Edited by marshmallow

LOL... why she likes green so much? :lol:

i dunno.. maybe i should ask bearlyn if my face is green green too.. maybe that's why she like me too.. :dunno:

and finally...

my starhub kitchen - the finished product :lol:

4992724520_4f751eacf0_z.jpg

sorry it's a bit messy cos i already started using the kitchen... hahaha... must show this photo to prove to Henry that i cook okie!!! he always says he doesn't believe i can cook... 8|

Took a long, long time to decide on the kitchen top. At first, wanted to have a light-colour top cos we thought light colour goes better with the kitchen theme. At the same time, I really wanted granite becos of its ease of maintenance and durability, but most of the granite colours/pattern doesn't match the kitchen theme.... :(

after discussing and thinking for a loooonnngggg time, decided to go for granite - when i recalled how many times i put hot wok/pans on kitchen top during cooking :P then, black granite seems to be the only one that can match my kitchen colour....

when the granite top was finally up, i was surprised by end result - not only that it doesn't look odd, the black granite actually added a touch of class to the whole kitchen~ ;)

really glad that i made the right choice~! :lol:

Marsh ! but take photo must nice nice one leh . like my kitchen ... my friend took the photo after we clear everything :P

Retake retake ... Yr nice kitchen must at least take 1 photo without those imperfect thing :P

this is the service area behind the L-shape kitchen.... with my Brandt washer ;)

4992724618_3042d5608a_z.jpg

still thinking of a good way to put my mops orderly....

laundry basket from Ikea. Actually we used to have a lime green one (also from Ikea) that marches the whole kitchen theme just right! but too bad it was damaged by the mover when we shifted house... sobz :~ tried to get back from Ikea but realised they only have black and white now... SOBZ :~

oh, I see yr washer! And we have the same pail too ... lol

we also headache how to place the mop - ended up hanging them in the toilet bc our service yard is quite small. Also reason that since need to get water from the toilet, so everything to do with mopping in the toilet lor

now toilet got so many bottles of cleaners for the body, floor and toilet!