Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
marshmallow

The Marshmallow Land

Okie... Long time no post... :P

Here are the new windows :)

4940287609_271d5cbf0e_z.jpg

Changed from the original bronze frames/grilles to powder white~ the whole house looks so much brighter after the change... :wub: the only bad thing is... windows and grilles are really expensive!! *sobz* :~

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
juz buy, dun hesitate. if u hesitate, then jessnwing n me got nothing to play when we go ur place.. :(

dun worry... banned said he will buy in Nov rite? His reno probably will be rounding up in that period... just in time for house-warming! :lol:

dun worry... banned said he will buy in Nov rite? His reno probably will be rounding up in that period... just in time for house-warming! :lol:

actually i can feel tat he's quite scared in inviting me and jessnwing over. wahaha... :D

actually i can feel tat he's quite scared in inviting me and jessnwing over. wahaha... :D

he could be scared but he can't hide from you two rite? muahahaha :D

btw, where is banned huh? never see him today wor....

The Windows Story

Writing down some experience I've gotten from reno here... for myself to remember and hopefully can help some of the fellow reno newbies like me :)

i guess some of the things i say here would be quite common-sensical to some, but really... as a noob, you dunno what you dunno... and i gotta learnt many lessons the hard way :P

Most would have encountered hiccups / surprises along their reno journey, for me, the 1st hiccup was from HDB cos they delayed my hacking and hence the entire reno started behind schedule. 2nd hiccup came from the windows.

We already knew that we need to change all the windows becos the existing ones were in very bad conditions, however, we didn't knowthat it should be one of the first things to be done during reno...and we were still taking our own sweet time to source for quotes etc etc....

Finally we were down to City Aluminium (Alex) and Henry. Alex's quote was slightly cheaper, but we still think and think whether should just let our contractor to handle or not......

Very fast, it was one week into our reno liao, Henry reminded us... eh, so have you confirmed your windows or not??

Only then, from Henry's / Alex's explanation, that we realised tiling cannot be done until windows installation is completed, because the hacking of windows may cause the new tiles to crack!!

Obviously we ran into panic mode... :wacko: cos lead-time for windows can be quite long (as long as 10-14 days??) and our reno has a very tight schedule... Worse thing was, Alex was overseas at that time and can't do the windows any sooner! :bangwall:

Eventually, this caused a few days delay in our reno.... :( but Henry promised to help to catch up on the schedule. In fact, he encouraged us to engage City Aluminium after knowing that their lead-time was slightly shorter. We were thankful that Henry focusedmore on our schedule than giving the work to his sub-con... :)

noob lesson 1: Windows work should be done in the beginning part of the reno. If possible, try to schedule the windows hacking work together with the rest of your hacking work.

juz buy, dun hesitate. if u hesitate, then jessnwing n me got nothing to play when we go ur place.. :(

wah.. u got so many thing to do in my house leh.. My fridge u wan to fill with Carlsberg.. u wan to bathe in my toilet.. u also wan to watch movies in my house.. so many things liao u still say nothing to do ah.. 8|

Not forgetting u wan to steamboat even b4 the reno start sia.. :curse:

Edited by Banned

The Windows Story

Writing down some experience I've gotten from reno here... for myself to remember and hopefully can help some of the fellow reno newbies like me :)

i guess some of the things i say here would be quite common-sensical to some, but really... as a noob, you dunno what you dunno... and i gotta learnt many lessons the hard way :P

Most would have encountered hiccups / surprises along their reno journey, for me, the 1st hiccup was from HDB cos they delayed my hacking and hence the entire reno started behind schedule. 2nd hiccup came from the windows.

We already knew that we need to change all the windows becos the existing ones were in very bad conditions, however, we didn't knowthat it should be one of the first things to be done during reno...and we were still taking our own sweet time to source for quotes etc etc....

Finally we were down to City Aluminium (Alex) and Henry. Alex's quote was slightly cheaper, but we still think and think whether should just let our contractor to handle or not......

Very fast, it was one week into our reno liao, Henry reminded us... eh, so have you confirmed your windows or not??

Only then, from Henry's / Alex's explanation, that we realised tiling cannot be done until windows installation is completed, because the hacking of windows may cause the new tiles to crack!!

Obviously we ran into panic mode... :wacko: cos lead-time for windows can be quite long (as long as 10-14 days??) and our reno has a very tight schedule... Worse thing was, Alex was overseas at that time and can't do the windows any sooner! :bangwall:

Eventually, this caused a few days delay in our reno.... :( but Henry promised to help to catch up on the schedule. In fact, he encouraged us to engage City Aluminium after knowing that their lead-time was slightly shorter. We were thankful that Henry focusedmore on our schedule than giving the work to his sub-con... :)

noob lesson 1: Windows work should be done in the beginning part of the reno. If possible, try to schedule the windows hacking work together with the rest of your hacking work.

seriously .... I also dun know abt this window must do 1st thing . Heng U share out .

Glad to hear that Henry put u infront of profit too :)

seriously .... I also dun know abt this window must do 1st thing . Heng U share out .

Glad to hear that Henry put u infront of profit too :)

ya lor i also didn't know abt this windows thing, so you can imagine the shock i got... esp when we only had 5-6 weeks to reno the whole house~

yup and Henry helped in coordination with City Aluminium also. Besides, must give credit to City Aluminium - service was prompt and they tried their best to give us the earliest schedule possible :)

you try to run to my place lor... from Tampines to Jurong East :P

Run in the MRT lor.. haha.. hmm.. 1 hr only.. hahaha..

Hi All!

Had a mini gathering at my home during last week's long weekend... so FINALLY we dragged ourselves to get our home tidied up! :) still a bit messy, but at least now can take some photos for public viewing hee hee...

erm okie... think i was still on living room and study room in my last update... haha :P anyway, here are the photos.. with furniture~ :lol:

Living room + dining room:

4992722632_64b41782d0_z.jpg

Living room + dining room, viewed from the main door:

4992722796_5a710f5a97_z.jpg

:wub: love my Calypso! Initially we were so worried that the colour won't match the whole house, luckily it turned out just right~ :)

And you all can see... The shoe cabinet near the door (the one i was asking about where to place earlier on). Went to many, many places to look at shoe cabinets... somehow all those designs that i like are white, which doesn't fit into the whole theme :wacko:

end up bought this simple shoe cabinet from Shing Hup in Jurong West. The look matches the whole theme and price is reasonable... Those staying in Jurong West, no harm go and take a look - they do catalogue sale too :)