Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
marshmallow

The Marshmallow Land

Thanks for the info!~ We surely will go there to find out more. Really looks just nice to fit my bathroom.

Hehe~ We chose Bishan, because both my hubby and I need to travel island wide for works. Bishan is not that far for every corner the island.

Plan to call Henry tomorrow morning. ^_^

Haha you're welcome :) you can take a look at the link dexufto provided above, and visit a few more shops in Jalan Besar... no harm comparing prices from more places :P

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Photos continued - common toilet :)

Before: Not as yucky as the MBR toilet, but still bad......... :(

4992116999_8c76b6d462_z.jpg

After :sport-smiley-004::

4992725376_f91213c015_z.jpg

love the cheerful-looking tiles~ :wub: most of my guests prefer this to my MBR toilet! hahaha :P

4992116873_c3861b6a7c_z.jpg

The other side of the common toilet, and my Mistral instant heater.

For both toilets, due to the odd layout of the WC, pipes etc, shower screens cannot be installed.............. :(

Henry kept suggesting that we should consider a glass panel for the MBR toilet, besides to prevent things on towel rails to get wet, he said "your MBR toilet looks so classy, got rain shower some more... if you put shower curtain, wasted all the effort la..." :lol:

Noob Lesson 2: Don't get too worked up and immediately accused yourcontractor/painter for cheating with cheap paints when you see the Maxilite cans being left behind. Investigate and confirm if they are not simply spare cans to store paint, before firing your contractor/painter with your powerful AK47 :fire:

good information . I din know abt this wor ....

Noob Lesson 2: Don't get too worked up and immediately accused your contractor/painter for cheating with cheap paints when you see the Maxilite cans being left behind. Investigate and confirm if they are not simply spare cans to store paint, before firing your contractor/painter with your powerful AK47

good information . I din know abt this wor ....

yea i also didn't know until i asked the young painter why they changed the paint can for me. hahaha... I'm sure the paint was correct cos i was present when painting was done :)

but i do get a feeling that contractors do little investigation when receive complaints like wrong paint - probably too rampant in the industry - they just do re-painting for you and get the complaint done over with.

ooo :D nice Reno :lol:

I saw your post on the nice cool Ceiling Fans...

Izzit really good to have one in the bedroom?

izzit stable? any noise? any recommendations? :D

thanks

:D

ooo :D nice Reno :lol:

I saw your post on the nice cool Ceiling Fans...

Izzit really good to have one in the bedroom?

izzit stable? any noise? any recommendations? :D

thanks

bro, i have ceiling fans in every room + 2 in living room. i did this cos last time hubby scared of hot weather/always complained very hot.

now after putting in the ceiling fan, he complained that it's too cold.................. zz

but i noticed that whether ceiling fans are effective or not, it has got to do with many other external factors e.g. how the beams are positioned in your home, not just about how good the fans are.

for e.g., at our living room, by right one 54" ceiling fan would be sufficient, but because there is a stupid beam right in the middle, we need two fans - and we realised that the wind from each fan cannot "cross" to the other side of the beam - so if you are right below the beam, you can't feel the wind from neither of the fans~ hope you get what i mean!

all my ceiling fans are from Fanco. Living room ones are FF707:

FF707%20WH.jpg

Room ones are FFM6000:

FFM-6000%20WH.jpg

So far, it's been good and quiet and i have no prob zzz-ing at nite :)

As for which brands are good? of course KDK is the best but they dun have lighting kits :) many other brands like Fanco, Alpha are tried and tested enough in Renotalk :P

How i ended up with Fanco? cos initially i wanted to have Fanco FF9 for living room............

FF9%20WH.jpg

but this fan doesn't go well with hamberger light - and my hubby insisted only hamberger light. so, have to drop FF9 and decided to simply choose other models from the same brand...... :lol:

for e.g., at our living room, by right one 54" ceiling fan would be sufficient, but because there is a stupid beam right in the middle, we need two fans - and we realised that the wind from each fan cannot "cross" to the other side of the beam - so if you are right below the beam, you can't feel the wind from neither of the fans~ hope you get what i mean!

WOW :o

Just the info we needed :D

We have never used a ceiling fan before

so your info is very very useful

Thanks so much

PS - we hate hot weather too!

If this helps to cool our rooms... wah!! Happiness :lol:

Yes, I must say that the Fanco 707(aka Fanco Aroma) is really nice and quiet and strong wind! I put level 1 but still need blanket!

same same... we always wrapped ourselves with blankets! maybe partly becos recently the weather is kinda cool at nite ba............? :P

anyway, i love my Fanco 707 too :wub: though it's a bit "cartoon" looking due to the big big hamburger in the middle :lol:

WOW :o

Just the info we needed :D

We have never used a ceiling fan before

so your info is very very useful

Thanks so much

PS - we hate hot weather too!

If this helps to cool our rooms... wah!! Happiness :lol:

LOL i'm not much better than you... my experience with ceiling fans only limited to classrooms and the good old hostel/hall days sia.... :P

i guess ceiling fans are good for general cooling and improve air circulation, while standing fans are better when spot cooling is required... :)

Edited by marshmallow

MBR toilet - after ;) :

4992724048_271bb76059_z.jpg

before we did site inspection, we had grand plans for our MBR... wanna make vanity top (something that i realllyyyy wanted), mirror cabinet, glass shower screen... however, due to the strange layout esp. the windows and pipes, all the above cannot be done... :~

in the end, we purchased the cabinet with basin on top. Also, have to settle with a plain mirror cos none of the mirror cabinets sold off-the-shelf can fit into the space available :(

Regret No.1: Did not ask Henry to custom-made a mirror cabinet for us :bangwall:

:P

Hihi, I showed this pic to my hubby and he also likes it.

Can you also pm me the price?

;)

The Kitchen Story

My hubby said kitchen is the part he is most satisfied with in our home, becos this is "the biggest place in this house where everything is new" :lol: i supposed MBR and common toilets come in a close second, then.

okie, here come the photos....

Seller told me, kitchen was the only place they did a reno when they got the house 13 yrs ago.

4992724814_64167e047b_z.jpg

left: original condition

right: everything hacked. bye bye...............

it's not that ugly, but it's just very ill-maintained and dirty becos his tenants didn't quite take care of it... when we took over the house, they even left behind a spoilt fridge with spoilt food remained inside.............. and we bet that the fridge has been spoilt for months (or even years) cos the replacement fridge didn't look new either... yucks :bleah::jawdrop:8|

tiling in-progress:

4992116199_e6e4fd56d0_z.jpg

we chose a white tiles with thin white strips. the strips can't be seen easily, but we like this subtle effect - simple yet not just a boring piece of white tiles.

my father has been nagging me almost daily that i should use 30x60 for the kitchen wall. but, we still opted for the 30x45 tiles cos we didn't want to top up from the original quote :P

few days before tiling started, Henry informed us that the tiles were out of stock - apparently Hafary made a mistake cos just a day ago, they confirmed the stock status and committed a delivery schedule. They only have stocks for 30x60 left, and the strips are of different direction (parallel to short side instead of to long side).....

Henry asked if we prefer to change to the 30x60 one, or to select another tiles. After some thinking, we decided to take the 30x60 one.... and since it wasn't our fault, Henry offered to absorb the higher workmanship fee for 30x60~ yay~ :dancingqueen:

so, i "complied" to my father's request to use 30x60 tiles afterall....... :P

Edited by marshmallow

The Kitchen Story - continued

and.... carpentry's arrived... and installed~! :sport-smiley-004:

4992724908_ccd0d616ff_z.jpg

erm, but wait.

the day when the carpentry came was an action-packed day - doors installation, electrical points installation, ceiling fan installation........ and i had to go for lesson. i left home when the carpenters were about to start work, my hubby was the only one jaga-ing everything.

when i came back home, yes carpentry was up, but something wasn't right.......

i was thinking: how come the "hole" for the hood is so far away from the sink? then i realised that...

there should be 2 cabinet doors on the each side of the hood, now, it's 3 on the right and only 1 on the left *faint* :~ like that, i m left with a pathetic small space for my dry area - how to squueze in all microwave oven, rice cooker, water kettle..... etc etc??? i really felt like crying at that moment :~ :~ :~

immediately feedback to Roy, our site supervisor. he sent a photo of the kitchen to Henry, who called back to me shortly.

Henry: what happened?

me: remember i said the hood should be right after the drop in kitchen top (if you noticed, my bottom cabinet has 2 different height)? How come now the hood so far away??? *sobz*

Henry: huh? i checked the drawings, correct leh.

Me: huh? :~

Henry: i checked with carpenter first, ok? but if everything made according to drawing, then cannot simply changed leh... we discussed the drawing before mah.

Me: u check first la, i also dunno why it turned out different from what i want...........

That nite, i had no mood to eat dinner.... :( while struggling to finish my food in the hawker centre downstairs, Henry informed:

1) Carpenter did made the cabinets according the drawing

2) Somehow my wish to have a longer dry area wasn't captured

3) In any case, he discussed with the carpenter. Rectification is possible and it will be done in a few days' time :dancingqueen:

then i had mood for dinner liao... keke :lol:

Edited by marshmallow