Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
marshmallow

The Marshmallow Land

wah thanks for all the comments... :D

haha.. true.. but im sure u will prefer a bigger shoes cab.. right? :notti:

haha me and hubby combine only got 11 pairs of shoes, so no need big shoe cabinet... but so far from what i've seen, seems like those cabinets i like are on the bigger side... :P

Hi... how about putting it at A, but instead of placing it against the wall under window, you can make a shoe cabinet that is parellel with your main door. it can also act as a "privacy screen" from the nosey neighbours outside, if you decide to leave your main door open, while sitting at the sofa.

this was our initial idea, but we sort of gave up cos can't find any shoes cabinets that look nice at the back, and we are not keen to custom-make one :unsure: then after putting in the Calypso... looks kinda weird to have the shoe cabinet as "screen"

anyway, we dun have neighbours, so privacy is not an issue :P

I guess a "covered" shoe rack with seats on top would help...?

:D

I like this ideal . can sit down and wear shoes ...

but hor .... if this design , then the amount of shoes that can put will be much lesser. Got to see if marsh is a shoes gal or bag gal . lol

like that the cabinet has to be at location (B) rite? we like this idea too but haven't seen any cabinets with cushion seats that we like... you guys came across any that looks good? :)

LOL Simon, i'm neither a shoe nor bag gal.... :lol:

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

not too late to start being one since the shoe designs u like are bigger. give u the reason to start being one.. hehehehe

not too late to start being one since the shoe designs u like are bigger. give u the reason to start being one.. hehehehe

hahaha samgalz this is a good excuse... i like... :lol:

though i'm not a shoe/bag gal, i'm a ear-ring gal... luckily earrings are small and easy to store :lol:

erm... paiseh, before i go on with more photos, got one question to ask you all...

we still need to get a shoe cabinet, but till now still cannot decide where to put it...

we have two locations in mind:

(A) on right hand side of the main door, just below the light switches and next to the dining table.

(B) on the left of the main door, just below the windows and behind the sofa... at where the tv box is right now...

4918908788_e7526ea6a5_z.jpg

sorry... the house still very messy as you can see in the photo :P

while location (B) has more space for the cabinet, it seems a bit odd to have the shoe cabinet there... like got one cabinet in the middle of nowhere... (A) seems to be a better location, but it's smaller and i'm not sure if it would make the dining table looks cramped... :unsure:

comments are greatly welcome... thanks in advance huh :lol:

hee all, thanks for your comments on the shoe cabinet.... :) my hubby agreed with banned that he doesn't wanna eat next to the shoes :P so we will choose location (B)... keke...

so now we can continue to shop for our shoe cabinet~ :dancingqueen:

heard from my friend that he saw a furniture shop that sells a lot of nice shoe cabinets... it's near the Ubi's stretch of car dealers but he forgot the shop name :( anyone happens to know this shop??

okie continue to post my living room + study room photos... :)

Living room - after painting... and my downlights before installation :D

4940874404_f06b3a7388_z.jpg

Main colour use for the whole house is Apple White, cos hubby likes the very, very slight tinge of green in it :) At first was thinking of Lily White but he strongly objected cos he found it too "beige" :lol:

Colour chosen for the living room wall is Bisque (Dulux All). initially wanted to use Latte, but Henry advised that Latte might be too light to show a good contrast with the rest of the walls. Final effect turns out to be good :) glad that we've made the right choice to change our mind :P

Living room - after lighting installation but before all furnitures in... sorry it's a bit messy cos the study tables were there :lol:

4940287275_dbc9c2d68e_z.jpg

hee all, thanks for your comments on the shoe cabinet.... :) my hubby agreed with banned that he doesn't wanna eat next to the shoes :P so we will choose location (B)... keke...

so now we can continue to shop for our shoe cabinet~ :dancingqueen:

heard from my friend that he saw a furniture shop that sells a lot of nice shoe cabinets... it's near the Ubi's stretch of car dealers but he forgot the shop name :( anyone happens to know this shop??

Yeah i won~~~ Hee hee.. :dancingqueen:

There got alot of furniture shops leh.. :D

Study room - after painting~ :paint:

4940874670_7af62df855_z.jpg

Again, sorry that my bookcases were not at where they should be... cos we were waiting for the paint to dry :P

Use Marina Blue (Dulux All) for the walls. really loooove this blue colour! :wub: Feel so happy every time i see it... hahaha :lol:

Study room - after sliding glass door is up! view from outside and inside :)

4940287545_3926b07b21_z.jpg

Yeah i won~~~ Hee hee.. :dancingqueen:

There got alot of furniture shops leh.. :D

yeah~ yes you won *clap clap*... but no prize de... hahahahaha :lol:

LOL i seldom explore that part of Singapore... :P really not familar with that area~ did you ever shop there for furniture? maybe i should go take a look there... hee hee :)

yeah~ yes you won *clap clap*... but no prize de... hahahahaha :lol:

LOL i seldom explore that part of Singapore... :P really not familar with that area~ did you ever shop there for furniture? maybe i should go take a look there... hee hee :)

wah sian.. Tot got PS3 or what as prizes.. :lol:

eh.. never shop there but currently live around that corner.. hee..

wah sian.. Tot got PS3 or what as prizes.. :lol:

eh.. never shop there but currently live around that corner.. hee..

PS3.... i also want lor... why not you give me... hahaha :lol:

you stay near there and never go look see look see there? hahaha

i think i have never stepped foot at Ubi before... not even once :P

marshmellow

wah so fat ur place reno finished liao!!

i havent even started leh...sob sob....

btw, i realised that your old marble flooring is more or less the same as mine...but not so much big pcs of those broken looking thing. and decided to cement screed over the marble floor. no more headaches on what to do with the fugly floor (no offense)

hey, you only started on study room? how about the rest of the pictures for the other areas?

marshmellow

wah so fat ur place reno finished liao!!

i havent even started leh...sob sob....

btw, i realised that your old marble flooring is more or less the same as mine...but not so much big pcs of those broken looking thing. and decided to cement screed over the marble floor. no more headaches on what to do with the fugly floor (no offense)

hey, you only started on study room? how about the rest of the pictures for the other areas?

my reno started in June leh... by now should finish liao mah haha :P but okie la Henry's team did put in effort to rush for us cos we kept telling him that we need to move in fast... haha :lol:

i guess marble floor at that era all look like that one ba... :rolleyes: at first we also think the floor is very ugly, but we really have time and money constraint... :(

my father told me: it's not nice but marble is a good material and is cooling for hot weather in Singapore, since the floor still in good condition, just accept it ba... :unsure:

the floor actually looks a lot better after polishing, now we think it looks quite okie... or maybe we've gotton used to the ugliness liao hahaha :lol:

oops other pictures hor... gotta slowly take... :P was too busy before move in until i forgot to take photos :bangwall: now my place is too messy for photo-taking arghhhh :bleah:

PS3.... i also want lor... why not you give me... hahaha :lol:

you stay near there and never go look see look see there? hahaha

i think i have never stepped foot at Ubi before... not even once :P

Haha.. I buy liao box pass to u ba.. hee..

Ubi got la.. go see Lorenzo and a few other furniture shops lor.. But i bought my stuffs at OM @ paya lebar ma.. I hardly go elsewhere to look sia.. all east side only..

so sian.. waiting is very tiring sia.. feel like pushing them out of the house so that i can start now... hAHAHAHA *devil mode*

Haha.. I buy liao box pass to u ba.. hee..

Ubi got la.. go see Lorenzo and a few other furniture shops lor.. But i bought my stuffs at OM @ paya lebar ma.. I hardly go elsewhere to look sia.. all east side only..

so sian.. waiting is very tiring sia.. feel like pushing them out of the house so that i can start now... hAHAHAHA *devil mode*

hahaha... :lol: really lor waiting is so tiring... almost gone mad during those few months of waiting~ my parents kept asking... why buy house need to wait so long one... dunno how to answer them LOL

call them and ask when can they move out until they buay tahan you... muahahaha.... :lol:

huh?? pass me the box only?? 8|