Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
marshmallow

The Marshmallow Land

Hi All!

Had a mini gathering at my home during last week's long weekend... so FINALLY we dragged ourselves to get our home tidied up! :) still a bit messy, but at least now can take some photos for public viewing hee hee...

erm okie... think i was still on living room and study room in my last update... haha :P anyway, here are the photos.. with furniture~ :lol:

Living room + dining room:

4992722632_64b41782d0_z.jpg

Living room + dining room, viewed from the main door:

4992722796_5a710f5a97_z.jpg

:wub: love my Calypso! Initially we were so worried that the colour won't match the whole house, luckily it turned out just right~ :)

And you all can see... The shoe cabinet near the door (the one i was asking about where to place earlier on). Went to many, many places to look at shoe cabinets... somehow all those designs that i like are white, which doesn't fit into the whole theme :wacko:

end up bought this simple shoe cabinet from Shing Hup in Jurong West. The look matches the whole theme and price is reasonable... Those staying in Jurong West, no harm go and take a look - they do catalogue sale too :)

Nice! Now the broken marble flooring seems to blend in too. Like u, we also kept the marble flooring. Initially tot it was ugly but now seems fine! :D

Sometimes we should give these neighbourhood shops a try, good buys with reasonable price tags.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Nice! Now the broken marble flooring seems to blend in too. Like u, we also kept the marble flooring. Initially tot it was ugly but now seems fine! :D

Sometimes we should give these neighbourhood shops a try, good buys with reasonable price tags.

yup yup! fully understand how you feel~ at first i found it ugly too! Glad that it turns out fine for you as well~ :)

The patches of brown among the pinkish marble gave us a lot of headache - we were automatically narrowed down to a colour scheme of browns and neutrals :lol: and there goes my dream of sleek lines and white furnitures :~... but now look back, i m happy with my marble floor~ :)

and luckily the colour combi of all the furniture looks ok... we kinda anyhow whacked one hahaha :lol:

The Dining Table Story

Must vent my frustration here before my memory starts to fade :curse:

You all can see the dining set from the photos - pretty decent looking, big enough (1.6m), tempered glass top (i insisted on glass top), comes with 6 chairs and fit into our theme... rite? Price was reasonable too, that's why I bought from this place where i never thought I'd buy anything from: COURTS.

But what happened after... was really frustrating :~

They visited our home 4 times to get everything right!! :bangwall:

1st Visit: On the delivery date (24 Jul), 2 guys in Courts uniform came - Ok, they came on time (at that point I thought it was good), and then started installation.

After installing half way, one of the guys gave this really surprised look on his face and suddenly all work stopped. He then informed that some screws/fitting (pineapple nuts or something, i heard) were missing and they can't continue installation.

They re-packed the wooden parts and left the tempered glass behind, promised that they will be back on 28 Jul 11:30am to resume the work. Since we happened to be on leave that day, we said ok.

At the same time, we checked the chairs. 4 out of 6 chairs had different forms of defect (scratches, corner chipped off, cracked etc). We rejected the chairs and asked them to exchange to good ones. They took these chairs and left.

2nd Visit: On 28 Jul, we rushed home from appointment @ ROM in the morning. We reached home ~11am.

11:30am came, no news, no sound.

Had lunch, packed boxes, did cleaning... until 1+pm, still no news.

Called them up, replied: oh, the delivery slot is 11am to 4pm, they will come at any point within this range... We went: wah your guy promised to come at 11:30am, now you tell me he can possibly come at 4pm?? 8| The person kept re-iterating that the range is 11am to 4pm... nevermind, we wait.

Had tea, packed more boxes, did more cleaning... until 4+pm, still no news.

Called up and asked... short while later, 2 guys came (different team from last time). Okie, at least the guy was apologetic and kept saying sorry... but he leaked out that actually they were not informed of this delivery today (!!) they have to rush here last min to do this job (!!) okie la he apologised for his colleagues' mistakes... well....

Tables installed. The 4 chairs that supposed to be exchanged arrived too. and we checked the chairs... guess what, they were the SAME 4 CHAIRS that we REJECTED a few days back!!!! :furious:

my hubby's patience has run out. He was really mad and asked the person: how could you bring back the same chairs that i rejected??? it's not so bad if you exchanged to another 4 chairs with defects, you BROUGHT BACK WHAT WE REJECTED?? hope that we dun remember what we rejected?? Then in the first place i reject for what?? :curse:

The guy again apologized... he said he has no control over this.. it's the QC dept that checks, he only delivers and installs... okie fine, we know he should not take the blame (also, must give credit to this guy for his politeness and calmness when facing angry pple like us ;)). Hubby called the customer service immediately and gave them a good scolding :fire: 4 chairs were taken back again.

3rd Visit: Next day, 4 chairs delivered, but 2 got defects and were rejected AGAIN. 8|

4th Visit: Delivered last 2 chairs. Finally it's all over.

After this episode, i doubt if we'll buy from Courts again... :fire:

My Study Room:

4992723188_3eac77e31b_z.jpg

Finally have a photo with my white book shelves at the correct place ;). Purposely choose white shelves to place against the marina blue wall... reminds me of blue sky with cotton white clouds :wub:

The other side of the study room... our working desks. Still messy.... :bleah:

4992114639_4de64e7032_z.jpg

Clock for study room - bought from Japan. Still on our document tray cos we still can't decide where to hang :bangwall:

4992114723_c6f25ae408_z.jpg

everytime i look at ur blog, ur broken marble always catches my eyes first, esp the dark color one.

i, too, also retain the previous owner broken marble.

hey berry~ saw your photos... your broken marble floor is very nice! colour is nice and looks classy~ :)

haha actually the dark patches gave me lots of headache ;) which my floor is like yours kekeke :P

MBR... bedframe is from Cellini :):

4992723542_af9d84aebc_z.jpg

insisted on storage bed so i can squeeze more things into the house :P i also like the protruding edges of the bedframe - like a mini platform that we can put things on :D

still missing are the bedside tables... haven't shopped for one yet... rather, still thinking if we should have just one on the side nearer the standing lamp, or have 2 at both sides of the bed :P

4992117121_725fc23bec_z.jpg

Ikea standing lamp that has been with me for 8 years and moved with me 3 times :lol:

Wardrobe: from Courts also.

This team of installers from Courts was good - very careful and meticulous. Gave me very good impression and thought i may buy from Courts again - until the episode on dining table came :fire:

The wardrobe installers were not in Courts uniform... maybe they were from Court's agents or something. :unsure:

The walls behind the bed and behind the wardrobe uses the colour Lavender Mist (Dulux All). Nice colour too! :wub:

Anyway, at first, only the wall behind the bed supposed to have this colour. but, due to painter's initial mistake, both walls were painted...

Shall elaborate on my painting advanture later.... :lol:

Edited by marshmallow

hi

think this is first time i visit yr blog .. usu log in only update and read fellow FV neighbours' blog only..

think u made the right decision about the floor - love the marble colours!

hi

think this is first time i visit yr blog .. usu log in only update and read fellow FV neighbours' blog only..

think u made the right decision about the floor - love the marble colours!

Yo froggy, thanks for visiting my blog! :lol:

oh... if i remember correct, your husband is the one that loves marble floor, rite? :) seldom check your blog cos can't view all the photos in office................... :bangwall:

Yo froggy, thanks for visiting my blog! :lol:

oh... if i remember correct, your husband is the one that loves marble floor, rite? :) seldom check your blog cos can't view all the photos in office................... :bangwall:

yup yup .. so u can imagine how he's feeling now - with the marble floor newly polished! super shiny

yup yup .. so u can imagine how he's feeling now - with the marble floor newly polished! super shiny

Especially when the weather gets hot, he can lie on the floor to cool down. That day i stepped into the study which had air con the nite before, i was "AHHHHH!!!! :wacko::o so freezing cold! Like stepping on a huge ice block.

We also wanted to get bedside tables, id said to buy 2, to balance up. But after all the reno and moving in, we are too tired to source anymore. Like my husband says, less table ard, less mess. :D

aiyo, i missed the replies in my own t-blog... tsk tsk.

froggy, any idea how to maintain the shine on the marble? i kinda feel that the floor is not shiny anymore... though it was very nice when we just polished it. maybe all the moving house + furniture coming in were doing the damage... :(

Especially when the weather gets hot, he can lie on the floor to cool down. That day i stepped into the study which had air con the nite before, i was "AHHHHH!!!! :wacko::o so freezing cold! Like stepping on a huge ice block.

LOL... i wear slippers at home, so won't be able to feel the cold cold floor :P

We also wanted to get bedside tables, id said to buy 2, to balance up. But after all the reno and moving in, we are too tired to source anymore. Like my husband says, less table ard, less mess. :D

till now, i still haven't found the bedside table(s)... though the Ikea "Malm" one at $69 or $79 will be just right for us in terms of colour and price (and the drawers too!), we are just too lazy to carry back and assemble ourselves :P

i do hope to get the bedside tables soon... though it's one more item to clean, at least i can get my hubby to start organising things in the drawers, and not throwing stuff all over the room~ :wacko: