Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
mafacifa

Our First Home In The East

Renotalk have been providing us with alot of knowledge with all these reno issues and other home related stuffs. From the time before we bought our house till today, we've been browsing renotalk whenever we have free time. haha

So now, we just acquired our flat over at Pasir Ris EA and will be going for our first appt soon this month. We hope to get feedback from the experts here on our T-Blog.

At the moment, we have not gone ID / Contractor hunting yet. Here are some of our reno ideas:

1. Reconstruct back the balcony as the previous owner has level the balcony to extend his living area. We want to have an outdoor feeling at our balcony with water feature possibly.

2. The study area to be hacked to create an enclosed living area. Basically, its an extension of the wall of the study towards the main bedroom. Hope to have this wall as glass. Also to create a elevated platform at the window area of the study. Our feature wall will be the bedroom 2 wall.

3. Reconstruct the kitchen wall partition at the main door's area. At the moment, the owner hacked down that wall partition and put those roman pillars which were the in-thing from the 90's i guess. We don't think an open kitchen concept is good as we have already a big space in the living/dining.

4. Merge the main bedroom with the room next to it to create our walk-in wardrobe area. We dont have kids so we can afford to do this now. :)

5. Create a dry area for the bedroom toilet. This is sort of expanding our toilet area in our bedroom.

6. Laminates for all bedrooms. Change tiles for the living/dining.

7. hmm.. still thinking... :)

Feel free to comment.. Thanks for viewing

floorplan.png

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Welcome to Pasir Ris lol.. I did not view any units with similar layout in my days of hunting EA in Pasir Ris. Which part of Pasir Ris is your unit?

Btw, wish you have a smooth reno for your new EA :D

Edited by madcat

hi madcat. Mine is at drive 10, opp meridian JC there.. we like this layout as the balcony is huge. :o

Hehe.. no wonder i never view any units with similar layout like yours... because my wife only wanted EA with block 500+

Heya, welcome to RT. Wow, we have quite a few Pasir Ris EA-ers. ;)

Your balcony is HUGE ... can do a nice outdoor feel. Say, how big is your unit?

Wishing you a smooth reno journey! :) Looking forward to pix.

thanks lachesis. Our unit is 150 sqm. Ya, pretty big balcony.

Stay tuned while we upload the before upload pix soon...

anyone has any ID or contractor to recommend?

welcome to RT too!

ENORMOUS place i say and a balcony to boot! you have my envy hands down

ignore the following comment though;

can't help but imagine how long the kitchen island i can have if this is my place!!!

like i said, you can ignore. ha

thanks lachesis. Our unit is 150 sqm. Ya, pretty big balcony.

Stay tuned while we upload the before upload pix soon...

anyone has any ID or contractor to recommend?

well look around in this forum, there are few contractors here that are a frequent lot used by fellow RT mates.

meet more, no harm ya. most important i feel is budget and chemistry with the contractor or id in the end.

Edited by ne0mesis

haha thanks.

but at the moment, the previous owner extended the living into the balcony. So my first visit to the house, I tot the living was big lah. Now, we need to reconstruct the balcony back create an outdoor feeling...

As for the kitchen, it appears long-ish as we do not have the laundry area. We tried a few combination of where to place the washing machine. its pretty weird. Will share the pics soon.

Hmmm... very quiet here... anyways here is my update on ID visits:

Got a reno quote from CLC and gonna visit Ideal House ID soon. Also waiting for first quote from FlyingIdeas.

Based on the CLC quote, there maybe some things quoted in a lump sum package approach. I find these packages pretty vague. Maybe its better for them to list as itemised. Any of u guys requested ur IDs to have a detail breakdown??

Got a reno quote from CLC and gonna visit Ideal House ID soon. Also waiting for first quote from FlyingIdeas.

Based on the CLC quote, there maybe some things quoted in a lump sum package approach. I find these packages pretty vague. Maybe its better for them to list as itemised. Any of u guys requested ur IDs to have a detail breakdown??

Hi

im currently using CLC as my ID now.. They gave me a lump sum package too.. but that is for the standard work that is needed.. for those additional items like carpentry, they did give me an itemised quote.. But i guess different IDs got different kind of working styles.. Cos i also received some with all the way itemised quoting.. It all depends on which type you would prefer and how "gam" u are with that ID ba..

Hope this helps.. :)

mmm... mine is itemised. I prefer to see the items that are included or not included so that I can have a feel of the works that are going to be done. You can visit my blog to see the itemised list. Anyway, good luck with your reno. :D

I had done up a breakdown of what I wanted to be done and emailed contractors and IDs for quote and ask them to quote as per my breakdown.