Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
mafacifa

Our First Home In The East

Wanted to upload pictures of the toilets but they r kinda disgusting. Dunno how the previous owner can live in such condition but the walls an ceilings of teh toilets are in good condition. (thank goodness!) but the ID suspects that there is a leakage from the floor above us cos some parts of the ceiling paint are peeling. We are still considering if we should cover the huge pipes in the toilet. My fiance doesn't mind but I find it unsightly.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

went to ikea to look at their PAX wardrobe. very good indeed. one thing i like about ikea is their modular concept. u can buy a few now, get some later and it doesnt look out of place. everything blends in well.

but then, for our WIW, if we take ikea, there is an unsightly beam that cant be covered and we have to get a lower cupboard height just to fit them in.

so see how lor whether we want to get ikea or not for WIW.

WE GOT OUR KEYS!!!! And we kinda have decided on the ID that we wanna use but will not reveal which company it is until we have signed on the dotted line.

After getting our keys, we immediately made a trip to our new flat because we have never seen the flat empty. During our past visits, the flat is cluttered with LOTSA stuffs. The previous owner even had to hire TWO VERY HUGE and VERY LONG lorries to move his things.

SO, here are the pics of our flat!

1283409379765.gif

This is the kitchen. We intend to hack the roman pillars and rebuild the walls and install glass panel and glass door.

1283409838934.gif

This is the living room. The place where the pipe is used to be a balcony. We intend to reconstruct the balcony and have glass panels and doors from one end to another. That would be about 18ft of glass or 6 3ft-panels. *faints*

1283410051864.gif

This is the view of the living rm from the balcony's perspective. Will hack the roman pillars and arch. Will hack the walls of the room on the right (previously used as study room) to become part of the living/dining area.

Congrate...your hse look beri big..hope u have a smooth reno..:)

but our ID said we will rarely use the bath tub BUT i feel that with my current job, i m always under lots of stress. so a nice, warm bath would be nice.

well, i agree with yr id.

jus make sure u use it regularly ya.

u should see what happened to one of the bathtubs i saw during viewing, it was stashed with unused toiletries and shoes!

1283410501901.gif

This will be our walk-in wardrobe cum dressing room. We intend to have a 'shop' feeling where my shoes and bags will be displayed and there would be a settee in the middle of the room plus chandelier. Juz an idea... not sure whether we haf the budget. hehe...

hey hey hey, very similar wiw concept we have in mind here ya.

anyway, congrats on getting your keys ya!

time to get busy busy busy

ok, the fiancee (me!) is back!!!! my current house has a bathtub and it is not utilised cos my parents dunno how to maintain it and the tub is like 20 yrs old!!!! but it is still clean, thanks to my mum! juz dat, we do not know where the tub's plug is and we dun have hot water, so no point having a tub.

anyway, dat old tub of mine is about 1300mm in length. currently looking for a tub of dat length for my new house but it seems difficult to find one. Sim Siang Choon sales guy said that there is one dat is 1220mm (Trojan Kent model) but that is too tiny!

Anyone noes where I can get a wide variety of tubs? Or seen any that is pretty short? Right now, I feel like moving my current bathtub to my new house. :sport-smiley-003:

long time no update. also long time nobody comment. dunno whether should keep this t-blog up or not. here are some of the house pics again. problem with the previous linking host.

house1.jpg

house2.jpg

house3.jpg

02-74@aircon.png

Aircon placing layout and some glass reconstruction of the newly created living area. Kitchen walls also to be put back and include glass on half wall.

Ouh yes, we've signed with Ideal House ID. Good service from them so far and listens to our changes and requests.

Major works includes :

1. Kitchen revamp. Floor to be hacked and retiled, walls screed cement. Kitchen cabinets.

2. Both bathrooms hacked and retiled. No bathtub. Too high cost and can only get small ones.

3. Laminate flooring whole house

4. Balcony unleveled and retile

5. Study room hacked to create living area.

6. Create dry area for MBR toilet.

7. Hack MBR with common room for WIW area

8. Create partition walls to recreate kitchen wall facing dining area with half wall glass. Create partition for washing area near storeroom.

9. Plastering for whole house. False ceiling in living/dinning and MBR

10. Custom made shoe cabinet divider near main entrance

11. Replace main gate with wrought iron

12. Custom made settee along window area in living area.

13. Lots of glass works - my own sourcing

14. Sliding aluminium framed sliding glass doors for balcony - Anyone to recommend contractor?

I also intend to do some landscaping works at the balcony as its pretty huge. can have my mini garden. Thought of massage stones, i finally found them, very very affordable. Also maybe synthetic grass in balcony and water feature. Also thought of craft stone on both the sides of the balcony walls. Any ideas on the above?

Edited by mafacifa

Wall and Floor Tiles

Yesterday, we went to Hafary at Defu Avenue 1. The showroom is huge!!! I was spoilt for choice. There were so many to choose from that we spent more than 2 hours choosing tiles for our kitchen and the two toilets.

Kitchen floor tile

47038_10150270210085076_743920075_1514234

We decided to choose very shiny and light kitchen floor tiles because our cabinet's laminate would be high gloss black with wooden grain postform as our worktop. So, the kitchen would be kinda dark and we need a very light kitchen floor to brighten it up. My mum said it would be slippery but I dun really cook much and I will definitely wipe the kitchen floor after I have finished cooking. So no problems there.

Common Toilet tiles

40718_10150270210900076_743920075_151424

1.The light brown tile is for the wall.

2. The black tile with the horizontal lines will be the feature wall in the toilet.

3. The other black tile would be for the floor.

As the kitchen would be black and light brown/yellow brown, we decided that the toilet should complement the colours of the kitchen and stick to the modern resort theme. Hence, the texture that we chose is more 'raw' (i.e. less polished) to give the outdoor feel. But i think with all the toilet pipes, it kinda kills the modern resort look as you can see metal here and der... sigh...

Master Bedroom Toilet tiles

66357_10150270210375076_743920075_151424

1. The glossy light brown tile will be the wall tile.

2. The dark brown glossy tile will be for the feature wall.

3. The matte light brown tile will be for the floor.

For the master bedroom toilet, we wanted to achieve the hotel look. Great care was taken in choosing the pattern and the colour of the wall tile as some patterns look cheap even though they look similar. So, the patterns that hotels use would normally be more obvious and normally HDB owners will go for the lighter patterns which tends to cheapen the look even though the price of the tiles is the same. To avoid the toilet from looking too HDB-ish, we decided that the pipes for the shower will be from the common toilet and the sink will be at our dry area.

I insist that the huge toilet pipes be concealed but mafacifa refuses to do it, saying its a waste of money. So, my effort ( i m his fiancee by the way) to make the toilet look like a hotel will be wasted thanks to him. 8|

Edited by mafacifa

just a short update.. demolition work more less done.. kitchen and bathroom waterproofing also done.. very quick i must say.

will load more pics soon...

will have so much glasswork....

just a short update.. demolition work more less done.. kitchen and bathroom waterproofing also done.. very quick i must say.

will load more pics soon...

will have so much glasswork....

Tiles selection look good!

Glasswork? wah looks like you have to do alot of cleaning next time like me : )