Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Kumikotamago

Our 1st Sweet Home~ Bukit Panjang

we still left $4500 something haven't pay yet~ and they left plastering, painting and 4 timber wood doors. I keep calling and text him since 14 days ago. He never reply my call and sms as well.. :fire:

I call his worker, and his worker say he ll cm back on monday, after monday, still didn't receive any call frm contractor. Then today i call his worker again, the worker say he will cm back on saturday~

Still left 3 days to saturday~ Should i wait for him? My false ceiling guy say he can help me to plaster, but he suggest me better wait until saturday see how's the contractor will do and answer me ~

Haiz~~ really angry! because this is not the 1st time, but normally he ll cm back 5-7 days~ but this time really too much! Last 2-3 times, we never mad at him and ask him any single word~ but this time, i really angry! :fire:

think you may leave him a message saying that if he doesnt appear to complete the job, you will not pay for the remaining $4500. Luckily you do not make full payment yet...

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Finally! this morning my contractor call me and meet me at my place. He say his business in china got a bit problem want to settle.. anyway i always don't believe those contractor's excuse~~haha ...

then we discuss the remain job and i set a deadline for him to finish~ Because we want to move back on 22nd Nov, so i set before 18th Nov he must finish everything~ Hopefully he really can make it~

Edited by Kumikotamago

I give up ald~~~ after 3 weeks, my contractor finally call me ~ then we meet at site, then i told him i have to move in on 19th Nov... He say no problem, ok~ then... they plaster 1 day then stop again~~ and i can't find my contractor again since last Fri until today~ tmr is 19th Nov... :fire:

No choice~ i check again and choose another date, 29th Nov.... And we change other sub con to finish the plaster, painting job and plumber~ My false ceiling Ah Xiong help me to settle the else job~ Tmr he will start work~~ Hopefully we can move in on time....

hahaha.... have have~~~ will upload asap~~ today finally look like a renovated house ~~haha .... Thanks my false ceiling sub con ah xiong and his partner help us to finish the irresponsible contractor's work~ we really appreciate

Hi kumi

Do not fret okay. There are always hiccups in reno process.

Next time do not get the same contractor, hes so irresponsible. How can he promise he can deliver and in de end.. You cannot move in on the date.

Yes do show us some updated pics of your house. =)

hey all~~ today i'm so happy~~ bec our toilet bowl and rain shower head finally up! and the water pressure is big big enough, my rain shower finally like rain not like pee~~ haha.... so happy

hey all~~ today i'm so happy~~ bec our toilet bowl and rain shower head finally up! and the water pressure is big big enough, my rain shower finally like rain not like pee~~ haha.... so happy

I love rain shower too... but better check the head shower (turn here turn there) before use it. My head shower joining part was broken then dropped and injured my leg when i try to turn on the shower. Luckily not my daughter or my wife used it... if not... sure see "red"... :(

My electrician give me the quotation too today~ The price is it reasonable? It's the lowest price that i found temporally~ We already check with 4 electrician~ hahahaha... What do you all think? The price okay?

Power(Double Socket)X 24       $50 each

Light Point X 40 $30 each

Tel X 1 $50 each ( FOC )

Data Point (Cat 6) X 5 $60 each

SCV X 4 $60 each

Isolator X 1 $70 each

Heater (Oven,Fridge,etc) X 3 $50 each

DB Box X 1 $300 each

Fix Light X 40 $5 each

Hi kumi, can share your electrician contact? Your electric work is really cheap!

Hi~ My electrician can't make it. Get our 1st payment then didn't cm for work, then after very long time we only know he use our money to buy another owner material. Then we bought the material for him to start work, but until half way we can't take it, bec he always didn't cm for work as he promise. So we see his work ald worth the 1st payment then jus ask him no need to come. My husband continue the following job. Then now he finish everything. SO the cheapest and decent electrician for me is my husband..... hahaha... want me borrow him to u two?

Hi~ Long time didn't update.. We jus move back on 29th Nov, but our irresponsible contractor jus gone without any call and inform us. So we find another contractor to introduce plumber and tiler to finish the skirting and install toilet accessories for us. And i ask the false ceiling Ah Xiong help me to finish the plastering. Then we do the chemical wash by me and my husband... Yes! We do the chemical wash, Electric work, and some plastering work by ourself.

Now we waiting for carpentry work, the new contractor say need 2 more weeks ll be done and can come to my house to fix it. So i hope can be done before christmas.

And.... another things i want to report is.... That day the Glass Company come to my house to fix the glass door and shower screen. And my common toilet shower screen is those sliding door without bottom track. They come and fix on last wednesday, and i wash and clean the toilet at the same night. After i cleaned, then i jus slide the sliding door. Once i slide it, i heard " Pomp"~~ The whole shower screen jus break and all my hands and leg cut by the tempered glass.

SO i want to tell u all, pls beware for the glass door.... Open it slowly, especially if u not sure the door is it fix properly. Mt husband help me to take some photos as a proof, sorry if the photos make u feel not comfortable. All my family members say we should sue the glass company. But we not sure what should we do and should we do this.

img1483a.jpg

img1481o.jpg

image1a0.jpg

image2so.jpg

imageug0.jpg

The most serious wound on my left hand. Need 7 stitches and another 1 need to cut for remove glass. And i had scan for 7 X ray. Until nw i still scare for glass.

image5dw.jpg

OMG!!! Are u ok now? what glass company is tt?? mind share out?

as my quotation gv me 2 set of 'tempered' glass shower screen, swing type. I keep asking them whether will brk or not.. she said ok one.. installed so many liao...

Also, can u share ur bad contractor name, address/tel and the electrician name out to warn other forumers?

*read ur previous thread... got to know his name now, I'll take note. thanks!*

Take gd care ya!

btw, can pm ah xiong's contact ? I intended to do L boz wt cove light, ID wan me to top up S$8 pft fr package.. kns..

TIA!

Edited by 3ee3ee

heyy kumi! sorry to hear about your series of unfortunate events. i hope you and ur family have a smooth reno journey after this. hopefully can make it before christmas.

from ur incident, now i wont source for cheap contrators /sources like glass company le. **** scary man that the glass can just expored like this. somemore mine need to shower my 2 months old baby.

u should call up the Glass Company to ask for compensation for the medical claims, personal injury claims and of course re-fix that bloody glass back. their company owner should apologise to you personnally. Show them those picutres. They wont have anything to say one.

I am currently contacting this company called J&J Glass. Please let me know if this is the scary company that sold you the glass!!

As for your contractor and electrican, i am really shocked that they can leave w/o completing their work? Didnt they have any contractual obligation to finish the job for the hard earned $$$ we paid them? terrible!