Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Kumikotamago

Our 1st Sweet Home~ Bukit Panjang

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Today the Hafary will delivery the tiles to us~ Don't know why i'm very nervous~~~ haha ....

rightfully so, cause tile color and size is a big component to the whole house's aesthetics i feel!

gd luck!

hahahaha ..... Thanks leechaorui ~~

Yup!! I totally agree with you ne0mesis~ I think after overlay the tiles, the feel and theme of the house will shown~~ After the carpentry work,the house will totally look different~~ Ur house will start the carpentry work soon right? Good luck to you too ya~~

I jus went back and checked~~ No problem! Except we still have 42 boxes of tiles at downstairs haven't move up yet~ My contractor said they will move up by tmr morning ~~~ Hope won't kena complaint la~~~

Yup!! I totally agree with you ne0mesis~ I think after overlay the tiles, the feel and theme of the house will shown~~ After the carpentry work,the house will totally look different~~ Ur house will start the carpentry work soon right? Good luck to you too ya~~

I jus went back and checked~~ No problem! Except we still have 42 boxes of tiles at downstairs haven't move up yet~ My contractor said they will move up by tmr morning ~~~ Hope won't kena complaint la~~~

tks tks.. and before we know it. major carpentry works taking place at my place! ha

doubt leaving it around will kena any complaint. u try noise la. hahaha

i tell you, my blk is so siao on in complaining noise level that HDB technical officer gave me a call personally to ask me try to ask my id to finish works asap cause residents are calling and writing emails to the hdb bosses directly! kaoz

tks tks.. and before we know it. major carpentry works taking place at my place! ha

doubt leaving it around will kena any complaint. u try noise la. hahaha

i tell you, my blk is so siao on in complaining noise level that HDB technical officer gave me a call personally to ask me try to ask my id to finish works asap cause residents are calling and writing emails to the hdb bosses directly! kaoz

wa~~~~ how come ur blk residents do like that? :unsure: really not considerate lo~~~ We not 365days do reno, just about 6 weeks only also cry father cry mother~~ Luckily i haven't receive any call yet~ Only one time, the town council cm to our house to check the leak problem~

anyway ur reno will finish very very soon.... jus ignore them~ wahahaha....

wa~~~~ how come ur blk residents do like that? :unsure: really not considerate lo~~~ We not 365days do reno, just about 6 weeks only also cry father cry mother~~ Luckily i haven't receive any call yet~ Only one time, the town council cm to our house to check the leak problem~

anyway ur reno will finish very very soon.... jus ignore them~ wahahaha....

Sillyporeans mah. Lol

hahaha~~~~ yup!! the gas heater only have instant heater, they don't have those water tank~~ The hafary salesperson got mention this problem to us too.. but because last time when we rent house, the owner also use the water tank, then every month when the PUB bill come, we almost cry~ because the electric bill really really high~ So we scare ald, so think for long term~ we will not use the water tank. And because we are staying at low floor, and we find that our water pressure actually quite strong~ So we now just take it as gamble~~~ Bok heng nw~~~haha .... hopefully we won't regret, hopefully the water will not as small as what they say and our rain shower will feel like real rain but not like pee lo~~~ hahaha....

Ooohh...hahaha yea I know what you mean...like pee...den you will really *#&@, cuz u paid SO MUCH for those nice looking rainshowers. I will call citygas later, maybe will opt for that. Since the reno has burnt a big hole in my pocket liao... little bit of savings in the future is a must.

Oh Yea, did you change your windows? They look great!! If they were left previously by the last owner, den you very heng. I forgot to consider all this into the COV, my house also need a brand new set of windows, thats about 3k already without the grilles. And the owner had rock spray on ALL their walls, including bedroom, I had to plaster the whole house at another 2k. And they did not have fire rated door...another 1.5k out.... :bangwall:

kookoos lor...now we know.

So guys, before buying the house you really like, check for all this. Could have made you consider twice or haggle more on the COV part... heeee

The water pipe will run on the floor

img3664a.jpg

img3665l.jpg

img3666c.jpg

This is our toilet conceal pipe~

img3669n.jpg

From common toilet can see me in the master bedroom toilet~~haha... They will box up the pipe and they can conceal the mixer too.

img3671r.jpg

The water piping can conceal? I also wanted to conceal the piping for my 2 toilets but my ID say HDB not allow lei...isit true?

Edited by Flatster

Oh Yea, did you change your windows? They look great!! If they were left previously by the last owner, den you very heng. I forgot to consider all this into the COV, my house also need a brand new set of windows, thats about 3k already without the grilles. And the owner had rock spray on ALL their walls, including bedroom, I had to plaster the whole house at another 2k. And they did not have fire rated door...another 1.5k out.... :bangwall:

kookoos lor...now we know.

So guys, before buying the house you really like, check for all this. Could have made you consider twice or haggle more on the COV part... heeee

My window were left by the previous owner~ the condition still fine so we not going to change~ We remove all the grilles because some of them spoil~ but we're not going to replace new grilles too~haha..

Wa~~ after u mention i only know leh~~ Thanks for your information~ Will let my sister know also, she's going to buy resale flat too..

I heard from my sis in law, if want to remove the rock spray will cost you a bomb, haha .. my contractor use partition board to cover some of the wall tiles~ bec he say no point to spent the money to hack the tiles, so he use partition board then cover with the water proof paint, he say is cheaper~ Will this cheaper than plaster? Maybe you can check with your contractor too..

The water piping can conceal? I also wanted to conceal the piping for my 2 toilets but my ID say HDB not allow lei...isit true?

Hahahaha.... Sshhhhh........ :P actually it's true la~~ really can't conceal~ but you check the reno blog, so many of the owner also conceal, some of them hack the concrete part some more~~ hahaha.... some of the ID and contractor not willing to do this, bec if really got any problem, is their responsibility~

My mixer actually is not conceal~ I will built a partition wall at there to box up my pipe~ So this not consider conceal, it's hide in the partition wall~~~~ hahahahah.....

Quite long time didn't update to you all~~~ haha... really busy~~~

My toilet tiles almost done~ Now still left the master bedroom toilet floor and they start to lay the floor tiles for my utility area and kitchen today~~

This is my toilet feature wall and dry area wall tiles

img0364r.jpg

The tiler is hacking the entrance part~ because we want it lower than the living hall

img0367t.jpg

This is my common toilet

img0432i.jpg

img0453gn.jpg

This is my master bedroom toilet~ The middle portion we gonna put a 4 " glass

img0463nh.jpg

Edited by Kumikotamago