Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
h2go

Preparation For Completion

Hi Guys and gals,

I will be receiving the keys to a resale 10 years old apartment in the first week of August, and will commence a small reno subsequently.

My lawyer 'hinted' that I should get some administration done before receiving the keys i.e. Starting an account with singapore powers, cable tv perhaps, informing IRAS, speak to management committee, etc.

Can someone advise (or perhaps list down) what are the things I must do in preparation to collect the keys and start the reno?

Thanks in advance.

Edited by h2go

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Hi Guys and gals,

I will be receiving the keys to a resale 10 years old apartment in the first week of August, and will commence a small reno subsequently.

My lawyer 'hinted' that I should get some administration done before receiving the keys i.e. Starting an account with singapore powers, cable tv perhaps, informing IRAS, speak to management committee, etc.

Can someone advise (or perhaps list down) what are the things I must do in preparation to collect the keys and start the reno?

Thanks in advance.

1. Standby $$$ first. By now u should know how you want your house to be looked like.

2. Check inventory list with seller, if established any

3. Clean, sweep, mop, wash whole house, stay there for a night or 2 for new experience and for memory.

4. Yr lawyer said is correct

5. Reno, shopping

6. Home sweet home.

7. Pay $$$

Edited by bepgof

halo,

May I know will there be a physical inspection before the completion? My completion date is 13 Sep which is a sunday so lawyer said will do the documentation on 14 sep and only pass me the key on 15 sep, when i ask her about physical inspection she said i can arrange myself.....

Physical inspection only enforced (strictly) by HDB. For private properties, usually no final inspection. Can try asking, but likely to be ignored becuase the purchase was on "as is where is" basis.

halo,

May I know will there be a physical inspection before the completion? My completion date is 13 Sep which is a sunday so lawyer said will do the documentation on 14 sep and only pass me the key on 15 sep, when i ask her about physical inspection she said i can arrange myself.....

You agent seemed not working hard enough. For pte resale, buyer better to create a list of inventory, mark those items supposed to be remained, during OTP signing stage, A day or a few days b4 completion, down to site & check against the list with yr agent. No list - what to inspect? See walls got lobang?

Edited by bepgof

You agent seemed not working hard enough. For pte resale, buyer better to create a list of inventory, mark those items supposed to be remained, during OTP signing stage, A day or a few days b4 completion, down to site & check against the list with yr agent. No list - what to inspect? See walls got lobang?

Ha, for me i'm not so scare that the seller take the things from the house, I'm more worried that they left their old furniture there without clearing it! Then i'll have to clean the things for them.... :(

For the benefit of others, i did my inspection last sunday with the agent, i told him i don't want any furniture inside and he make sure the rooms were clean and the tenant moved out on time. My advice is must contact the agent and make arrangement with him beforehand, coz if you don't say then they'll just silent and let lawyer pass the keys to you. So if you've any requirements better write it down and let the agent know before you conclude the transaction.

Did anybody know that if you buy and sell your flats using HSR agents, u are entitle to have appointed ID from HSR company and they borned the fees of housing inspection or condo inspection free by their appointed ID management.

Anybody heard that before.

Did anybody know that if you buy and sell your flats using HSR agents, u are entitle to have appointed ID from HSR company and they borned the fees of housing inspection or condo inspection free by their appointed ID management.

never heard before.

what is the caught?

If I were real estate agent, I will provide value-added services, like:

- having pool of interior design and contractors for reno issue.

- having pool of goof feng shui masters for selection. Self knowledge on fs.

- Referral bankers (usually take O.15% comm)

- Pool of home movers

......and many, that's the way to survive, compete and make money!