Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
mookie

Urgent! Can Someone Help Me Please

Hi everyone

I am having so much problems with my window contractor. On top of sub-standard and sloppy work, the material he used is also of questionable quality. He promised powder-coated window frames for the sliding windows in the kitchen, but the material don't look like powder-coated to me. there are long scratches on some parts and I have not even moved in yet! Does anyone know how to tell powder-coated material from non powder-coated ones?

Pls help!

Many thanks

Mookie

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Hi everyone

I am having so much problems with my window contractor. On top of sub-standard and sloppy work, the material he used is also of questionable quality. He promised powder-coated window frames for the sliding windows in the kitchen, but the material don't look like powder-coated to me. there are long scratches on some parts and I have not even moved in yet! Does anyone know how to tell powder-coated material from non powder-coated ones?

Pls help!

Many thanks

Mookie

Hi Mookie,

Not sure if this is helpful for you. Check out this link on powder coating. It mentioned that the finishing is tougher than conventional paint.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Powder_coating

Hi everyone

Pls help!

Many thanks

Mookie

Hi everyone

Pls help!

Many thanks

Mookie

Hi Mookie,

If it is easily scratchable den it definitely is not powder coated.

Hi Mookie,

If it is easily scratchable den it definitely is not powder coated.

Yeah. Contractors will likely use spray painting to pass off as powder coating. Spray paint is easily scratched and comes off easily. Powder coating goes through a chemical process and would not come off easily. Challenge your contractor!

Yeah. Contractors will likely use spray painting to pass off as powder coating. Spray paint is easily scratched and comes off easily. Powder coating goes through a chemical process and would not come off easily. Challenge your contractor!

oh dear now I am seriously worried. I can already see scratches on the frames, some as long as 10cm. Is that proof enough for me to reject the frames?

Well, as long as you haven't pay him yet, you certainly have the right to reject him! Mustn't let the contractor take advantage of you. During my reno, my contractor got my wardrobe laminate wrong, i had him replace all of it at his own cost. Just don't be afraid or paiseh to tell him off if he's in the wrong!