Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
vanna

My Humble Abode - 4rm Cassia Crescent

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

the paquet looks so strange. look at the 2 tone. part of it is old paquet that were already originally there, and part of it is new paquet. hope it looks more well blended after varnishing.

DSC00999.jpg

and why are there nails on the paquet??

DSC00995.jpg

painting almost done.

bedroom doors painted white.

DSC01002.jpg

main door and gat painted white.

DSC01005.jpg

a flaw on one of the walls. need to tell renoguy tomorrow.

DSC01006.jpg

my grey wall between MBR and BR2.

DSC00993.jpg

and my favourite red wall for the dining area. still looks patchy. i think the painters will load on more paint tomorrow.

DSC01008.jpg

one super ugly aircon trunking. sianz...

DSC00944.jpg

today the aircon guys went to fix the ugly trunking. and now it's like that. aaarrgghhh!!! dunno wat's worse!

View from living room

DSC01015.jpg

view from MBR

DSC01013.jpg

Kitchen entrance swee swee. nice and straight edges. i like!

DSC01016.jpg

today we settled our sanitary wares, kitchen and bathroom accessories, and all lights. yay! all will be delivered tomorrow.

DSC00944.jpg

today the aircon guys went to fix the ugly trunking. and now it's like that. aaarrgghhh!!! dunno wat's worse!

View from living room

DSC01015.jpg

view from MBR

DSC01013.jpg

Did they remove the fat trunking etc and cement the pipes into the wall?? if so, going have to hack if next time piping for problem leh.. esp it is a joint area..

Edited by fencer

Did they remove the fat trunking etc and cement the pipes into the wall?? if so, going have to hack if next time piping for problem leh.. esp it is a joint area..

hey fencer.... i just read your t-blog. so sorry to hear you have so many bad experience.

switches.....

renoguy is recommending Hager brand. but i see in RT that most pple are using Legrand, which looks so fabulous. decisions decision decisions. not sure which to choose. :dunno: will make a trip to CCM this weekend to take a look and have a feel of them.

hey fencer.... i just read your t-blog. so sorry to hear you have so many bad experience.

Yah... bad.. but valuable lessons loh.. next time be more careful when dealing w contractors..

btw, careful w your aircon pipings.. dun hv joints if that part passes through the wall... for easy access if need to fix leakage etc..

Edited by fencer

MBR 4 feet sliding door being fixed up today. can't see clearly from the pic, but up close, with the texture, it really does look pretty chio. :sport-smiley-004:

DSC01026.jpg

DSC00944.jpg

View from living room

DSC01015.jpg

view from MBR

DSC01013.jpg

looks better today. at least the walls now looks smoother.

DSC01024.jpg

DSC01025.jpg

today all the lights were delivered. yay!

Welmi delivered. yay!

sanitary wares..... the WC arrived. but was missing a basin. aarrgghh!! so angry with Universal. how did they miss out a basin???? called them and complained, and they said will deliver on monday. :furious:

didn't quite have a overall pleasant experience at Universal. first trip there, we didnt buy anything, but just looked around and took some pricing. second trip there, we decided to confirm purchase of 2 WCs, a basin, and some taps. as we were settling the bill, i noticed 2 x $10 items in the bill, which we didnt ask for. so i told them to remove it. she refused to, and insisted that i needed those two items. i insisted that i didnt want them, and finally nice Mr Tan came over and told her to remove those 2 items from the bill. terrible! 2 days later, they called to inform that one of the WCs is out of stock till Dec 2010. we had to make another trip there (third trip) to pick another WC. didnt find anything that caught my eye, so i decided to get a refund. luckily we didnt make the payment in full yet, so it was easy to minus that item from our invoice. fourth trip there, we decided to settle the balance payment in full. then we asked them about Song Cho products. placed order for Song Cho, but was told not to make any payment yet, as they need to confirm with Song Cho that the items were all in stock. they didnt call me back even after 2 days, so I called them, and was told items were in stock. total $600. fifth trip there, we paid the $600 in full as we did not want to have to make another trip there. when we left, we realised that the items ordered were incorrect. sixth trip there, to discuss the incorrect order. again, they said will have to call me back. days passed, still no call. i had to call them to find out what was going on. they said some items were unavailabel, and advised me to pick some other items, which i did. they called me the next day, and said those items were also not in stock. hmph!! so they advised me to get a refund on the balance amount. seventh trip there, to claim refund, which will be in cheque. then they informed there will be 3% penalty on the credit card charge. we agreed, thinking that the 3% will be based on the credit amount, which would amount to $2. but no!!! 3% is based on $600!!! that's $18!!! no way was i going to accept that, so i had to force myself to find something to buy to make the total bill$600. found a toothbrush holder, and was told to top up $6. hmph!!! super troublesome. i bargained, and finally they gave me an extra $6 discount, and the bill was kept at $600. they said they will deliver the sanitary wares and welmi today. welmi arrived safe and sound. i was missing a basin! tsk! called them to complain, and they will arrange the basin to be delivered next monday. so unhappy with them.

today all the lights were delivered. yay!

Welmi delivered. yay!

sanitary wares..... the WC arrived. but was missing a basin. aarrgghh!! so angry with Universal. how did they miss out a basin???? called them and complained, and they said will deliver on monday. :furious:

didn't quite have a overall pleasant experience at Universal. first trip there, we didnt buy anything, but just looked around and took some pricing. second trip there, we decided to confirm purchase of 2 WCs, a basin, and some taps. as we were settling the bill, i noticed 2 x $10 items in the bill, which we didnt ask for. so i told them to remove it. she refused to, and insisted that i needed those two items. i insisted that i didnt want them, and finally nice Mr Tan came over and told her to remove those 2 items from the bill. terrible! 2 days later, they called to inform that one of the WCs is out of stock till Dec 2010. we had to make another trip there (third trip) to pick another WC. didnt find anything that caught my eye, so i decided to get a refund. luckily we didnt make the payment in full yet, so it was easy to minus that item from our invoice. fourth trip there, we decided to settle the balance payment in full. then we asked them about Song Cho products. placed order for Song Cho, but was told not to make any payment yet, as they need to confirm with Song Cho that the items were all in stock. they didnt call me back even after 2 days, so I called them, and was told items were in stock. total $600. fifth trip there, we paid the $600 in full as we did not want to have to make another trip there. when we left, we realised that the items ordered were incorrect. sixth trip there, to discuss the incorrect order. again, they said will have to call me back. days passed, still no call. i had to call them to find out what was going on. they said some items were unavailabel, and advised me to pick some other items, which i did. they called me the next day, and said those items were also not in stock. hmph!! so they advised me to get a refund on the balance amount. seventh trip there, to claim refund, which will be in cheque. then they informed there will be 3% penalty on the credit card charge. we agreed, thinking that the 3% will be based on the credit amount, which would amount to $2. but no!!! 3% is based on $600!!! that's $18!!! no way was i going to accept that, so i had to force myself to find something to buy to make the total bill$600. found a toothbrush holder, and was told to top up $6. hmph!!! super troublesome. i bargained, and finally they gave me an extra $6 discount, and the bill was kept at $600. they said they will deliver the sanitary wares and welmi today. welmi arrived safe and sound. i was missing a basin! tsk! called them to complain, and they will arrange the basin to be delivered next monday. so unhappy with them.

Mr Tan from Universal is really very nice. He just called me to apologise again, and asked me for some of my feedback on their service. My advise to everyone out there who intends to go to Universal, to look for Mr Tan. He appears to be very sincere.