Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
vanna

My Humble Abode - 4rm Cassia Crescent

when we bought our sanitary ware, we got them from 2 different shops. from one of the shops, we bot some small items like taps and hand sprays. so we "cash and carry", and i have those with me at home now. i was just looking at them, and realised there is a scratch on one of the taps!!! yikes!!! i'm going to call them tomorrow and hopefully they will allow an exchange.

my kitchen tap looks like yours too... maybe they are the same... haha :)

i guess so long as they have stock, should be able to change ba, my kitchen tap also got a small scratch, and the shop owner changed for us immediately when we brought back :)

your house's original condition looks real good... can save some reno $ :lol:

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

yay! i managed to exchange the scratched tap. phew! i feel better now. 2 thumbs-up for heritage!! :)

went to look at the reno works today. finally some serious action.

the wardrobe moved from MBR to BR3.

Before - when wardrobe was in MBR.

DSC00695.jpg

MBR - without wardrobe

DSC00764.jpg

BR3 - before (without anything)

DSC00699.jpg

BR3 - with the wardrobe parts that were from MBR

DSC00761-1.jpg

BR3 - now with the wardrobe from MBR

DSC00810.jpg

Edited by vanna

wall between MBR and BR2 gone.

DSC00796.jpg

part of the existing false ceiling looks like its gonna drop down any minute... i didn't dare to stand directly below it.

DSC00804.jpg

DSC00805.jpg

part of the MBR floor is bare now. previously there was a raised platform there which we didn't like. after removal of platform, it's now botak below.

DSC00797.jpg

we decided to keep the ceiling fan - save money. but we didn't like the lights sprouting out from the fan. the reno guys removed the lights for us.

Before - with lights

DSC00063.jpg

After - without lights

DSC00778.jpg

shucks! the sanitary ware shop just called to say that the common WC that i ordered will not be in stock till december. :(

will have to go pick a different one.

shucks! the sanitary ware shop just called to say that the common WC that i ordered will not be in stock till december. :(

will have to go pick a different one.

this is the wc that is unavailable till december. :( i really like it as it matches the square basin, square tap and square handspray that we bought. i hope i can find something else that will be just as cute.

commonwc.jpg

Wooo :D nice nice

plus save $$ too!!

and shifting the MBR closet to another room :o wow!!

:D great ideas$$ :D

thanks! the idea is from our contractor. i wanted to change the ceiling fan becos of the lights. but he told us that this fan is supposedly a good fan becos it like has a silent technology so wont be that noisy - i dunno wat brand it is anyway. so he said he will help us remove the lights and still make it look presentable. and can save money some more. yay!

for the wardrobe, we wanted to remove it completely. again our contractor told us that its pretty good quality and that it's such a waste to throw it away. so he suggested we move it to BR3. :good: save money again. then we dont need to buy wardrobe for BR3.

thanks! the idea is from our contractor. i wanted to change the ceiling fan becos of the lights. but he told us that this fan is supposedly a good fan becos it like has a silent technology so wont be that noisy - i dunno wat brand it is anyway. so he said he will help us remove the lights and still make it look presentable. and can save money some more. yay!

for the wardrobe, we wanted to remove it completely. again our contractor told us that its pretty good quality and that it's such a waste to throw it away. so he suggested we move it to BR3. :good: save money again. then we dont need to buy wardrobe for BR3.

yr contractor is really nice - very practical and help cut down $$

we decided to keep the ceiling fan - save money. but we didn't like the lights sprouting out from the fan. the reno guys removed the lights for us.

Before - with lights

DSC00063.jpg

After - without lights

DSC00778.jpg

this is a good fan. it is a silent fan. i believe it is "rega". i have 5 sets in my house.

went to shanghai tong lee at jalan sultan for some consult on the main door lock. we want to use back the same main door, but we want to change the locks. so i asked the aunty there about what kind of measurements she needs to ensure that the lock that we buy fits. she asked us to bring the old lock and show her. i told her if we bring the old lock, that means there will be a hole on the door. not practical at all. she said even got hole on door, you have gate to lock can already. :s

seriously???!!! leave the door without a lock, and some more with a big hole there???? i really dont think that's the best idea. hmph

hmmmm.... it just occurred to me that the right swing fridge might not be so practical for us. we need to find a left swing fridge. anyone has any recommendations?

old MBR door sealed. new wall erected to make more space in MBR.

Before : old MBR door.

DSC00061.jpg

new wall erected.

DSC00820.jpg

new MBR doorway.

DSC00822-1.jpg

apparently the MBR and BR2 floors are not level. renoguy noticed this only after the walls were hacked away. sigh.... need them to do some levelling works.

DSC00797.jpg

this is the wc that is unavailable till december. :( i really like it as it matches the square basin, square tap and square handspray that we bought. i hope i can find something else that will be just as cute.

commonwc.jpg

on a happier note.... i found this WC at another shop. yay! and cheaper too. :P