Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
muffin

Help! How To Completely Get Rid Of Ants?

hi,

anyone out there can help? recently my house have a lot of ants, don't know coming from where. anyone know how to completely get rid of them? Please help

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

- trace where they coming from, insecticide at the source where u start to lose track of them.

- no food/drink left outside, at least not overnight

- clear your rubbish bins, which is the source of food

Yes I agree with hihihi. To add onto his points, try to use those covered bin for food related rubbish in the kitchen, and empty your bins everyday.

Supermarket is selling ant poison products. I never use them before, so don't know how effective they are. No harm trying them for your place.

Personally I don't use insecticide at home because I find it messy and dirty my place. :P

Edited by forgotten

like what others have mentioned, the best way is still to clean house more frequently and throw all food waste promptly.

from my experience... ants will "migrate" once in a while and there may not be any reasons why they come... insecticides, ants poisons (regardless of brand) etc may help but won't get rid of them completely. however, with diligent cleaning regime, they will disappear sooner or later...

and one thing i observed... ants like water... they will crawl to water jugs etc and eventually get drown inside :o dun understand why they wanna kill themselves like that :bangwall:

and one thing i observed... ants like water... they will crawl to water jugs etc and eventually get drown inside :o dun understand why they wanna kill themselves like that :bangwall:

Weather is too hot lol.

Yes I agree with hihihi. To add onto his points, try to use those covered bin for food related rubbish in the kitchen, and empty your bins everyday.

Supermarket is selling ant poison products. I never use them before, so don't know how effective they are. No harm trying them for your place.

Personally I don't use insecticide at home because I find it messy and dirty my place. :P

hi thanks for the advice, i already use ant poison products, but still in vain, XIAN, they seems to be like commando

hi thanks for the advice, i already use ant poison products, but still in vain, XIAN, they seems to be like commando

Pests are becoming commando mutants! Can even become immune to insecticides, poisons :bangwall:

Edited by forgotten

- trace where they coming from, insecticide at the source where u start to lose track of them.

- no food/drink left outside, at least not overnight

- clear your rubbish bins, which is the source of food

i also kill any ants on sight. My house rarely had ants now.

as compared to my inlaw's place, which is ants' heaven, she likes to leave food around, often overnight. Her aiming on the rubbish bag is terrible, super duper bobo-shooter. Now her house is renovating, temporarily staying at my house and she's transferring her bad habits over. Had to educate her on that. She's not happy of coz, but it's my house. :rolleyes:

We have ant issues now and then. My older son has a habit of leaving food around or dropping food when eating (crumbs etc) and not cleaning up.

The last time there was a collection of ants around a small bit of food in the sink and as I removed all the plates etc so I could spray, they scattered. I followed in hot pursuit and tracked them down the cabinet and underneath between the cabinet and the concrete base. One bit spray along the bottom of the cabinets and they started pouring out dying.

They had been bugging us for a while and we had even got a ultrasonic bug repulser device from homefix (does not work).

There have been no more ants on our countertops since spraying a couple of days ago.

Trace them to the source (cause them to scatter and follow if needed), give them a good spray in any holes or cracks they disappear in to. If you get a lot of little black ant bodies come spilling (oh the carnage) out then you have got it. If not then keep going until you find it.

RB

We have ant issues now and then. My older son has a habit of leaving food around or dropping food when eating (crumbs etc) and not cleaning up.

The last time there was a collection of ants around a small bit of food in the sink and as I removed all the plates etc so I could spray, they scattered. I followed in hot pursuit and tracked them down the cabinet and underneath between the cabinet and the concrete base. One bit spray along the bottom of the cabinets and they started pouring out dying.

They had been bugging us for a while and we had even got a ultrasonic bug repulser device from homefix (does not work).

There have been no more ants on our countertops since spraying a couple of days ago.

Trace them to the source (cause them to scatter and follow if needed), give them a good spray in any holes or cracks they disappear in to. If you get a lot of little black ant bodies come spilling (oh the carnage) out then you have got it. If not then keep going until you find it.

RB

There are some places which sell the ant powder which works well too. just put a bit along the wall where the ants appear and their nest.

RB

What kind of spray did you use?