Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
tigerlily88

Help! I Know This Cant Be Hacked... But....

Thanks for the info. Does this also apply to the bomb shelter wall?

To my knowledge, you cannot make any penetrations into the wall at all in the bombshelter. As this is a bombshelter, the integrity of the walls cannot be compromised.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Black bold line on floorplan means you cannot hack but if you have a PE = professional engineer to endorse & submit to hdb to certify, HDB will allow you to hack a portion depending on the wall structure etc. Mine house 5room in tampines is all bold black line, however i still managed to hack away my kitchen wall to make it open concept with the help of my contractor. Our dream came true

floorplanj.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Edited by Christopher

Black bold line on floorplan means you cannot hack but if you have a PE = professional engineer to endorse & submit to hdb to certify, HDB will allow you to hack a portion depending on the wall structure etc. Mine house 5room in tampines is all bold black line, however i still managed to hack away my kitchen wall to make it open concept with the help of my contractor. Our dream came true

floorplanj.jpg

Hi,

Did you pay for the PE?

floorplanj.jpg

whats the procedure like? ask PE to come down and assess 1st? how long is this process itself?

All IDs I've met nv offer this alternative leh...

yes i paid for the PE, lucky for me as my contractor get it settled for me. He got to run a few places and he knew i wanted that wall down so he actually took the trouble to get it done for me. At the end of the day i paid him a small token to do the leg work for me. I am just glad that i got what i wanted

yes i paid for the PE, lucky for me as my contractor get it settled for me. He got to run a few places and he knew i wanted that wall down so he actually took the trouble to get it done for me. At the end of the day i paid him a small token to do the leg work for me. I am just glad that i got what i wanted

Hi Christopher,

I heard from one of the ID told me that if I were to engage a PE to check on the portion of the wall to be hacked, the consultation fees is about $400-600. Whether the PE approved or not approved, this amt will be paid to get his advice and consultation. If based on floorplan and paper resources, the PE might be able to tell if the wall can be hacked. If the PE cannot ascertain, he will need to go down to your unit to confirm. So, at the end of the day if the PE says cannoot hack, you still need to pay the fees...

Is that free for your case? Maybe u can share abit more on this....

Thanks.... =)

Basically i paid $400 for the PE to get his endorsement. The rest was done by my contractor and I insisted that i want that useless kitchen wall down. Apparently i knew from him that if there is nobody in the same unit above or below me hack the same wall before as me than my chance is secured. Well, the approval came and there was a dimension which was given by HDB and on the day of the demolition the HDB officer was present to get my contractor to do the marking and he witness the "opening" of the demolition works. :D

Hi Christopher,

I heard from one of the ID told me that if I were to engage a PE to check on the portion of the wall to be hacked, the consultation fees is about $400-600. Whether the PE approved or not approved, this amt will be paid to get his advice and consultation. If based on floorplan and paper resources, the PE might be able to tell if the wall can be hacked. If the PE cannot ascertain, he will need to go down to your unit to confirm. So, at the end of the day if the PE says cannoot hack, you still need to pay the fees...

Is that free for your case? Maybe u can share abit more on this....

Thanks.... =)

Basically i paid $400 for the PE to get his endorsement. The rest was done by my contractor and I insisted that i want that useless kitchen wall down. Apparently i knew from him that if there is nobody in the same unit above or below me hack the same wall before as me than my chance is secured. Well, the approval came and there was a dimension which was given by HDB and on the day of the demolition the HDB officer was present to get my contractor to do the marking and he witness the "opening" of the demolition works. :D

Well... $400 is a big gamble...

Well... $400 is a big gamble...

I had a gut feeling that the wall will be approved.. I was hoping for full wall but HDB allows upto 80% which I am very very happy. I got my open concept kitchen hehehee

Bold lines on the plan means concrete walls. Many are load-bearing (meaning carries structural loads), but not all.

Thus those that are concrete wall and NON-loadbearing, HDB will permit with your engineers endorsement.

Tigerlilly88, just looking at the location and thickness of the study-balcony wall on your plan, that one should be a load-bearing wall. It's unlikely to be approved for hacking through.

Edited by rummi

Hi,

Couldn't be sure if it is a topics which I posted a qn.

I would like to check, does HDB keeps all the approved permits history (e.g. hacking, windows etc) into their databases?

Recently I placed a deposit for a resale 3rm flat which 1 of the bedrooms' wall is hacked (to make a bigger bedroom) and the common toilet is extended. I checked with HDB and its branch office confirmed there isn't any record of hackings history.

Should I insist the sellers to reinstate the walls even though the officer inspected it claimed the hacking didn't affect the building structure.