Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
treeOfLife

Non Payment Tenant

I have rented my house to a local family who are doing business. They told me that they cannot make full payment this month. They drive Mercedes and with very posh furniture.

I accepted the partial payment. More than half month past. The other part of payment of the month is due and they didn't answer my SMS for the rental.

What should I do? Do you think will they be a good tenant in future?

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

If they can default once, what make u think they cannot default twice?

Did u stamp your TA?

What does ur TA say?

Normally in TA, there should have a term sth like.. 7 days no pay. LL has the right to "move" the tenant "out" of the house

BTW, you should have a agent helping you , right?

Go after the agent.

In the 1st place, u should not agree on the partial payment

If they can default once, what make u think they cannot default twice?

Did u stamp your TA?

What does ur TA say?

Normally in TA, there should have a term sth like.. 7 days no pay. LL has the right to "move" the tenant "out" of the house

BTW, you should have a agent helping you , right?

Go after the agent.

In the 1st place, u should not agree on the partial payment

The TA is stamped. It is a normal TA with something like that 7 days, the TA is determined and landlord has right to re-entry the house.

I talked to the agent, she advises to me to accept the partial payment because it helps to cut lose.

My agent helps me to ask for payment. But the tenant has no reply either. What else can the agent do?

Just tell them. Base on TA

7 days, landlord has right to re-entry the house.

By when and when, no reply. LL re-entry the house

BTW, the agent should advice you. Not the another way round.

Their company has house lawyer.

Just tell them. Base on TA

7 days, landlord has right to re-entry the house.

By when and when, no reply. LL re-entry the house

BTW, the agent should advice you. Not the another way round.

Their company has house lawyer.

Thanks!

I hope the fact that I took the partial payment won't cause any damage.

I have rented my house to a local family who are doing business. They told me that they cannot make full payment this month. They drive Mercedes and with very posh furniture.

I accepted the partial payment. More than half month past. The other part of payment of the month is due and they didn't answer my SMS for the rental.

What should I do? Do you think will they be a good tenant in future?

Aiyo,

Never sublet to local. No matter got big gold chain on neck, big diamond on fingers, gold teeth, merc.....got all these still need renting house for stay? You can sublet house meaning you're not just passed out from school. Local should have their own place to stay, no place to stay = serious financial problem.

Likely everything you see WHAT on them, are from "rental". Serve them written notice and ask back what you should entitle to, and get them out.

Standby your own set of chain & lock.

Edited by bepgof

Aiyo,

Never sublet to local. No matter got big gold chain on neck, big diamond on fingers, gold teeth, merc.....got all these still need renting house for stay? You can sublet house meaning you're not just passed out from school. Local should have their own place to stay, no place to stay = serious financial problem.

Likely everything you see WHAT on them, are from "rental". Serve them written notice and ask back what you should entitle to, and get them out.

Standby your own set of chain & lock.

In this case do u wait for them to totally vacate the unit before adding chain n lock or dun care just chain up (this might be misconstrued as illegally restraining)?

In this case do u wait for them to totally vacate the unit before adding chain n lock or dun care just chain up (this might be misconstrued as illegally restraining)?

Yes, you need to wait for them to move out before adding chain and lock. You cannot just go in and do it because, although they break the TA, before court makes any judgment, they still have legal right to stay in the house.

You can only apply to court to get the them evicted if they don't move out voluntary. After that you can add your lock and chain.

Edited by treeOfLife

Yes, you need to wait for them to move out before adding chain and lock. You cannot just go in and do it because, although they break the TA, before court makes any judgment, they still have legal right to stay in the house.

You can only apply to court to get the them evicted if they don't move out voluntary. After that you can add your lock and chain.

Written meaning write all these down to ask them make decision within given time frame. No decision from them when time is up, you decide for them there is when your set of chain & lock come in. Follow what is written over TA, u are at upper hand.

Edited by bepgof

Written meaning write all these down to ask them make decision within given time frame. No decision from them when time is up, you decide for them there is when your set of chain & lock come in. Follow what is written over TA, u are at upper hand.

It is not so simple that you can just go in like that. I think you need to file a civil law suit against the tenant to re-possess your house.

It is not so simple that you can just go in like that. I think you need to file a civil law suit against the tenant to re-possess your house.

Har? Civil law suit? Ask them or you to bear the cost? The house is legally yours, you can enter it at anyytime as you wish when things turn sour. Further more, you need not to enter, just chain up the gate, intention is for them to contact you automatically and send signal to them that you really mean it. Remember, you are at upper hand in this issue. Towards this kind of ppl, need not to give them "face". Life is like that, hope you've learnt something from this and be more selective next time.

Edited by bepgof

Har? Civil law suit? Ask them or you to bear the cost? The house is legally yours, you can enter it at anyytime as you wish when things turn sour. Further more, you need not to enter, just chain up the gate, intention is for them to contact you automatically and send signal to them that you really mean it. Remember, you are at upper hand in this issue. Towards this kind of ppl, need not to give them "face". Life is like that, hope you've learnt something from this and be more selective next time.

If you win, the tenant will pay all the cost plus double the rental owned. You cannot just chain the door. Before any judgment is made by the court, they have the right to stay in the house.

The problem is that in some cases, the landlord is really in the wrong end such as not repairing, maintaining the place, the tenant doesn't want to pay rental. Although the tenants should not make non payment under any circumstances, if you chain the house and the tenants sue you, you may in the loosing end.

You have to go through proper way to solve the problem. Singapore has very good law implemented to protect either parties. There is no worry if you are in the right end.

If you win, the tenant will pay all the cost plus double the rental owned. You cannot just chain the door. Before any judgment is made by the court, they have the right to stay in the house.

The problem is that in some cases, the landlord is really in the wrong end such as not repairing, maintaining the place, the tenant doesn't want to pay rental. Although the tenants should not make non payment under any circumstances, if you chain the house and the tenants sue you, you may in the loosing end.

You have to go through proper way to solve the problem. Singapore has very good law implemented to protect either parties. There is no worry if you are in the right end.

I guess what I said here all very theoretical. In reality what happen if the tenants has nothing to pay, no furniture, no money. Do you still want to sue him? What to do then, you go really lock up the door?

I guess what I said here all very theoretical. In reality what happen if the tenants has nothing to pay, no furniture, no money. Do you still want to sue him? What to do then, you go really lock up the door?

but u shd'hv taken one month advance rental payment right? if they miss one payment start doing something to protect urself liao.

but u shd'hv taken one month advance rental payment right? if they miss one payment start doing something to protect urself liao.

Yes, you are right. Here we try to find out what is the best way to protect ourself. Lock the door or go sue them?