Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
steelze

Sims Drive 5i

Great! Completed my purchase for ikea daily promotional items!

1. Dragon 24-piece cutlery set x2

2. Fargrix 18-piece service set x2

3. Persby cushion for my sofa (brown) x4

Merry christmas to all!

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Great! Completed my purchase for ikea daily promotional items!

1. Dragon 24-piece cutlery set x2

2. Fargrix 18-piece service set x2

3. Persby cushion for my sofa (brown) x4

Merry christmas to all!

Hi steelze, merry Christmas to you!! too bad ya, cant have a christmas tree at home this year, next year may be...cheers!! :drunk:

Hi steelze, merry Christmas to you!! too bad ya, cant have a christmas tree at home this year, next year may be...cheers!! :drunk:

yeaa.. kinda disappointed that my family have to spent this christmas at a rented place with other tenants. pray hard that we can move in by mid jan 2011... santa pls grant my wish.

the bowls n plates are good....managed to carry one back only.

no more hands for cushions...what a waste...

apparantly they are supposed to have a grille pan on sale as well at $18, usual price is $35. But i can't find it...u saw any...?

oh yes anyway, i found that SJ glass do mirrors as well...u might want to call them for a quote. :) (google-able)

Hihi,

I am looking for windown grilles.

Any recommended one? Mind givng me e contact??

Saw u engage Alex from A&V.. Is he good n workmanship good?

Can mind sharing hw much is ur quotation??

Thks thks!!!

posted ur reply here because ur mailbox is full...

i engaged Alex (91008767). he is responsive. his workmanship is ok too. Grille i dunno yet.

i did for my 5-room unit. quite a lot of sliding windows. total $4.5k including grilles for whole house and 2 bathrooms windows too. good deal if u asked me.

just let him know u r referred by owner from Sims Dr. so that he can quote u my quote as well...

check out his blog. www.alexwindow.blogspot.com =)

Edited by steelze

Week 5

Done with electrical re-wiring. this week will be ceiling work, painting and laminate flooring.

carpentry meeting yesterday. we confirmed our design and laminate choices in 1.5 hours for 3 wardrobes, 1 feature wall c/w tv console for living room, bathroom vanity and kitchen cabinents. quite fast lor. cause my wife wanna go home feed our little prince le. so we chop chop curry chop.

Wrought Iron Gate done up by CNS

IMG_1591.jpg

Common bathroom piping done up

IMG_1597.jpg

Master bathroom piping done up

IMG_1603.jpg

Arrival of toilet stuffs from Universal Union

IMG_1602.jpg

Arrival of lighting stuffs from A Lighting

IMG_1610.jpg

OMG! CNS! :dribble:

Wahajaha... I already saw small patches of paint peeled off. But so far havent seen any rusting parts. Well, cheap thing cheap standard. Cant complain much. Hehe.

Week 5 (Ended)

Ceiling work all done up. Look really good. :lol:

But generally this is another delayed week. Painting supposed to be done last Friday. Till now painting, laminate flooring for bedrooms, tiles for storeroom still not done up yet. Asked ID why ah, he said manpower issue, but will not affect schedule.... he said his workers will chiong for me over this holiday weekend.

tmr is January le. 17 more days to hand-over date, but carpentry yet to start... sianz.... worried...

Edited by steelze

Heelllo...

im finding a contractor....how ur id so far??? good or not??

hopefully all goes well...

i just got a resale flat..now finding for ID..some charge me 70k for 5 room...very ex...but everything under them...

But for urs, window , paiting all from different people am i rite???

Will the cost be alot of different..Pls let me have ur 2 cents...thanks

hi amyznl, congrats on ur new flat.

so far still ok. he has been accommodating. but schedule is a bit delayed here n there.

the main reno is managed by the id. you can refer to one of my previous post for the quote. as for the rest, i self sourced windows, electrician, doors, glass work and air-con. cost difference is a lot definitely. because when id /contractor quote u items, they sure have to mark up mah. unless he is very kind person, or he is ur relative, or he already makan u full full in some other items...

also depend on ur budget. if 50k to 70k is ok for you, then might as well let one id /contractor run all the show. save ur time and efforts. my budget is 35k, so have to squeeze tight for every penny spent.

but self source is very time consuming as you need to manage their installation dates to be in line with the main id /contractor schedule. if the id /contractor delay like my case, i need to call all of them to re-arrange time again. even more tough if u have to work during office hours.

Week 5 (weekend work)

painter indeed came down today to start the painting of base coat and some minor cement patching over holes and nail scars. id said painting work will be completed by tmr sunday, so that my pergo laminate flooring can be done on monday. follow by lighting points, 2nd stage plumbing work and carpentry.

Living room - Joining between L-box and False Ceiling (foyer area)

IMG_1665.jpg

IMG_1683.jpg

Foyer area - Box up pipe at corner

IMG_1666.jpg

Common bedroom 2 - False ceiling and L-box

IMG_1681.jpg

Masterbed room - L-box and false ceiling

IMG_1676.jpg

Edited by steelze

U would surely see a vast difference once paintworks and flooring is done. :) it will be like a totally different new home!

i guess laminate flooring could take up just one day, so there is still hope. Maybe they would have to come back for rectifications later on but should still be fine la... Must remember to lay protection on your flooring though. Laminates may be resistant to scratch but when a screw driver drops on it, will still create a dent.

Cheers!

Week 6

Haiz.. saw few things that bothered me when i went down to see the progress earlier.

Painting

I saw my supposed ICI Emulsion paint were actually from metal tins that don't carry any ICI logo or name or brand. WTH? Are they using pirated paint that just simply matched my ICI colour codes? I called my ID (Eric) for explanation. He said they were indeed ICI paint. Just that the painter company will normally purchase paint in big bulk. Then they will pour the selected colours into smaller metal tins to client's job site. :o he continued to add that it's very NORMAL for renovation to mix paint with water. Because if painter use pure paint only, it will be too thick. :unsure: So? Thick thick la? Wadever it is, what can i do? Ask him for proof? Re-paint everything? This will only delay my hand-over date. L L suck thumb... :dunno:

Masterbed room half height false wall at bed head

I topped up $180 for a half height partition false wall to be used as my bed head as my bed frame doesn't have head board. Secondly, the above ceiling has a beam and i am superstitious that it's no good to sleep under the beam. i EXPLAINED that to the id that i want a false wall as thick as the beam (about 8 inches). Today i saw the false wall. WTH? it's only 4 inches. I called him to explain.

His response: "Waaa? You never tell me earlier? Anyway, NORMAL partition wall is 4 inches only. if you want 8 inches, have to top up another $120..."

Although $120 is ok, but i felt cheated because i TOLD him i want a partition wall to be as thick as the beam of 8 inches! We don't see people selling right shoe, then ask u top up for left shoe right? If at the start he told me that the total false wall is $300, i may give a consideration whether to proceed or not. Now i stuck in a situation that i have to top-up. :curse:

Rubbish and urine/poo smell

I have complained to him abt the rubbish at my place 4 times (almost every week). Workers just threw their cigarette butts, can drinks and rubbish all over the living room. Why CANNOT just consolidate all rubbish at one corner and put them into thrash bag? WTH.

Both bathrooms are abused the most. Strong stints of urine and poo are there no matter how many times i spray the air freshener. Last Sat after the chemical wash, everything was fine. But today they abused them again. The smell was back! these barbarians simply dun know how to respect people house. ID's favourite excuse is that this is very NORMAL for all renovation to experience these nature calls problem. WTH, my twin brother is currently doing renovation the same time as me and i DON'T see /smell any rubbish or urine /poo every time when i visit his place.

I am really super tired to complain things to him every 2 to 3 nights. I really don't enjoy calling him to complain at all. Additionally, i need to manage my own busy work and a new born at home. Hope all this will end soon. Carpentry yet to start. I foresee h.e.L.L. awaits me.

Edited by steelze