Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
aegis0129

Cpf Housing Grant

What sort of impact do you think this new rule will entain? Sales will most likely be down in Q4 whether there is this rule or not. What I'm more interested in is whether the cooling measures have helped in stabilising (I don't think prices will come down) the mkt. If not, with GE coming up I'm not surprised that more measures will come in at the end of Q1 2011.

create more paper ,

create more difficultly for those seller who just want fast cash and didn't plan their future housing.

Reduce ppl camping at east coast park or others parks.

I agree with you, don't think this rule will be much impact.

My guess.. for show..

Tell other.. election is coming.

HDB did address to the resale HDB. We come out rules after rules but the market force is there.

Not that we don't want to lower the resale HDB price. Market demand determine the price.

So.. simple word.. Not my problem.

Don't Vote me out

:P

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
announce liao..

April..

April fool day ar?

heehee

Budget 2010 = Feb, But this time, Mr T Shanmugaratnam will give Mr Nathan time to approve past reserves again. Citizen will get goody, think this time, young couple will benefits most.

Standard one mah, govt FNY closing December, then Budget, then GE

Budget 2010 = Feb, But this time, Mr T Shanmugaratnam will give Mr Nathan time to approve past reserves again. Citizen will get goody, think this time, young couple will benefits most.

Standard one mah, govt FNY closing December, then Budget, then GE

Election time everyone got vested interest, if they can bring down prices good for me, vote wise.... :) they got no new tricks liao, goodies, votes, then one up urs after GE. Wats new. Too bad last one I overseas can't vote, haha.

create more paper ,

create more difficultly for those seller who just want fast cash and didn't plan their future housing.

Reduce ppl camping at east coast park or others parks.

I agree with you, don't think this rule will be much impact.

My guess.. for show..

Tell other.. election is coming.

HDB did address to the resale HDB. We come out rules after rules but the market force is there.

Not that we don't want to lower the resale HDB price. Market demand determine the price.

So.. simple word.. Not my problem.

Don't Vote me out

:P

Add - HDB wants to know "BEFORE HAND" HOW MANY PPLS want to SELL ! Important data, so THEY can TAKE actions.!

Data collection at RESALE Application SUBMISSION is "TOO LATE" info to HDB! Something like existing's 14 days application before go on strike or demonstration, MUST get a permit from SPF FIRST.

- BEFORE even look for BUYERS, must APPLY first, submit plan? - against human rights! OPPOSITIONS sure "SHOOT" this.

Why top scholars want to open backside big big let ppls "shoot"? Brain thinks too much & short circuited liao!

Edited by bepgof

I do not disagree with that, I might be sitting on the fence for a while more before deciding to rent or buy. Wedding is next year June so still have a little time to play around. The good thing is the job market is not looking too bad for both of us so hopefully she can find another job quickly. We just want to take advantage of everything we can get hold of now. Anyways, I have budgeted such that the monthly payments is less than 1/3 of one of our take home incomes so it should be pretty comfortable.

I constantly ask myself whether I do things the right ways, or, do the right things, in the first attemp. The same applies to everybody.

One small step by one small step first lah. Let me breakdown some items for you to calculate, "how much" you need.

-Wedding needs money

-15% needs money

-Stam dutys need money

-COV needs money

-reno needs money

-Funiture+ ting ting & tong tong need money

So? Time is money, still want wife as "tai tai" for a while? That a while could have caused both of you a few $K.

Suggest yr MP to HDB/NDM, fellow HK's policy on public housing- "rent" to young couples then "sell" to young couples later on. As such, they can slowly accumulate the 15%+stamp duty over the year while can enjoy marriage life of 2 staying together, why not?

Edited by bepgof

Suggest yr MP to HDB/NDM, fellow HK's policy on public housing- "rent" to young couples then "sell" to young couples later on. As such, they can slowly accumulate the 15%+stamp duty over the year while can enjoy marriage life of 2 staying together, why not?

This way, young couples also can gather $$, mentally prepared for building family (having kids). Align with government plan ..

I constantly ask myself whether I do things the right ways, or, do the right things, in the first attemp. The same applies to everybody.

One small step by one small step first lah. Let me breakdown some items for you to calculate, "how much" you need.

-Wedding needs money

-15% needs money

-Stam dutys need money

-COV needs money

-reno needs money

-Funiture+ ting ting & tong tong need money

So? Time is money, still want wife as "tai tai" for a while? That a while could have caused both of you a few $K.

Things are slightly more complex than that, I will be overseas for Q1 2011, previously she was supposed to be still working but with the change forced upon us now we thought she might as well come along and then try shoot for the grant plus we dun have to be apart. Anyways, our plans are not firm still trying to figure out what we wanna do, she already sent out a bunch of resumes. If a good offer comes along we'd probably just take it.

Housing for the last few years has been severely mismanaged, they have all the numbers and know exactly what is the demand and supply. This growth at all costs policy really screwed alot of ppl over, Swiss standard of living? Bah. I was a kid when they came up with all that BS, now? I'll get out the instance I can. Its every man for himself.

Things are slightly more complex than that, I will be overseas for Q1 2011, previously she was supposed to be still working but with the change forced upon us now we thought she might as well come along and then try shoot for the grant plus we dun have to be apart. Anyways, our plans are not firm still trying to figure out what we wanna do, she already sent out a bunch of resumes. If a good offer comes along we'd probably just take it.

Housing for the last few years has been severely mismanaged, they have all the numbers and know exactly what is the demand and supply. This growth at all costs policy really screwed alot of ppl over, Swiss standard of living? Bah. I was a kid when they came up with all that BS, now? I'll get out the instance I can. Its every man for himself.

So, which are the "RIGHT" things to do first?

No matter how "right" you do to things, things might appear to be "wrong" in the end.

Do "RIGHT" things right is a mix of experience, skills, art, and wisdom hor.

Do many things concurrently doesn't mean efficiency. Effectiveness is more crucial.

If you cannot get it, I also bopiah.

Edited by bepgof

Bro, resale application need both party to be around, kinda hard to process if overseas, unless you use POA. You jump very far from the fence, straight to EM. I totally agree with you that housing is a good debt. If you could finance you mortgage with CPF not cash, it would be better. Reserve your cash for other bad debts, like vacation, renovation, credit cards, car etc. All my mortgage are from CPF except COV and agent fees. Maybe I am wrong, but generation now very optimistic and jump high and far. Perhaps that was how the ancient empire was build in such a short time :)

So, which are the "RIGHT" things to do first?

No matter how "right" you do to things, things might appear to be "wrong" in the end.

Do "RIGHT" things right is a mix of experience, skills, art, and wisdom hor.

Do many things concurrently doesn't mean efficiency. Effectiveness is more crucial.

If you cannot get it, I also bopiah.

My priority is the wedding, for me things like house can wait. Currently we make a decent living, I don't own a car and have to intention to until I start a family. I'm actually prepared to wait out the bubble, the wifey is not happy about that. If money can solve these problems the way I see it then do it, no point disagreeing all the time. At least I convinced her not to get a condo as it will be tough on a single income when interest rates go up. :P

Bro, resale application need both party to be around, kinda hard to process if overseas, unless you use POA. You jump very far from the fence, straight to EM. I totally agree with you that housing is a good debt. If you could finance you mortgage with CPF not cash, it would be better. Reserve your cash for other bad debts, like vacation, renovation, credit cards, car etc. All my mortgage are from CPF except COV and agent fees. Maybe I am wrong, but generation now very optimistic and jump high and far. Perhaps that was how the ancient empire was build in such a short time :)

My shortfall for CPF is not massive, less than 5k and I was prepared to make up the diff in cash already. Life is funny sometimes, the fiancee is low maintainence never splurge on branded bags, ask me buy car, etc. But come to house.... to me its still not that bad cos I think you really gotta find a place you like, save some money get something you don't really fancy and going to be unhappy for 5 years straight its no joke.