Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
sunset.dolphin

Do I Still Need To Pay Levy?

Hi,

I bought my 1st flat from the open market taking up housing grant. I sold it after i got divorced. if my future spouse bought a BTO flat with his mum, do i still need to pay for the levy if i want to contribute to the monthly housing loan ?

Thanks

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

From HDB

Only HDB flat owners can use their CPF money to pay for their mortgage loan.

If your future spouse bought a BTO flat with his mum before marry. You cannot contribute to the monthly housing loan using CPF. Unless you bought over his mum share. By doing so, you need to pay levy as this is your 2nd direct HDB flat.

If already husband and wife, ur future spouse cannot buy a BTO flat with his mum. He only can buy BTO flat with you.

Which mean, you need to pay levy as this is your 2nd direct HDB flat.

Hi,

I bought my 1st flat from the open market taking up housing grant. I sold it after i got divorced. if my future spouse bought a BTO flat with his mum, do i still need to pay for the levy if i want to contribute to the monthly housing loan ?

Thanks

http://www.hdb.gov.sg/fi10/fi10322p.nsf/w/...vy?OpenDocument

HDB is ah kong company, Ah kong very smart, has kept all yr record, thought there are smarter ppls around.

1. If BTO flat remains in your spouse & his/her mother's name. You can keep the levy.

2. Any moment, you want to replace his/her mother's position, ah kong will ask you to vomit outthe levy.

Edited by bepgof

But i never bought flat directly from hdb before. Mine was a resale 4 room flat. just that we took the grant so that to stay near parent.moreover, that time my ex husband n i were stupid enough to took up bank loan.

in anyway, which means, even if i were to contribute to the monthly housing loan , i still need to 'cough' out the levy in cash.sigh...... thats the same, might as well, buy BTO flat with my future spouse, whatever it is, still need to pay levy too...

But i never bought flat directly from hdb before. Mine was a resale 4 room flat. just that we took the grant so that to stay near parent.moreover, that time my ex husband n i were stupid enough to took up bank loan.

in anyway, which means, even if i were to contribute to the monthly housing loan , i still need to 'cough' out the levy in cash.sigh...... thats the same, might as well, buy BTO flat with my future spouse, whatever it is, still need to pay levy too...

as long as you had taken the grant, it will be classified under direct HDB.

You just took near parents grant (10K) only or with housing grant

http://www.hdb.gov.sg/fi10/fi10322p.nsf/w/...vy?OpenDocument

A flat is considered subsidised, if you have bought it:

o Directly from HDB, or

o From the open market with a CPF Housing Grant

BTW, not just the levy only.

Levy + interest

Amount of Resale Levy Payable under the Revised Policy (From 3 Mar 2006*)

4 rm is $40k

Making Payment for the Resale Levy

If you are buying your second subsidised flat, you can:

* Pay the resale levy immediately at the point of resale, i.e. when selling your subsidised flat or

* Defer the payment until you buy another flat from HDB. If you opt for this, an interest at the prevailing rate of 5% per annum will be charged.

if i remember clearly, both my ex and i took the 40k grant including staying near parent.does that means, if i intend to buy a BTO flat, i can defer the levy payment til i get my new flat ? or i pay immediately with cash when buying BTO flat ?

i was thinking i prefer to buy a BTO flat with my bf, rather then buying a resale flat, where i have to pay the COV which might be slightly higher then the levy im gonna pay. if i buy a resale flat, beside paying the COV, still need to do renovation etc.....

We were thinking of buying those BTO left over flat. we check thru hdb website, price range is ok, perhaps just need minimum reno.

i was thinking i prefer to buy a BTO flat with my bf, rather then buying a resale flat, where i have to pay the COV which might be slightly higher then the levy im gonna pay. if i buy a resale flat, beside paying the COV, still need to do renovation etc.....

We were thinking of buying those BTO left over flat. we check thru hdb website, price range is ok, perhaps just need minimum reno.

Good to you lah. The "problems" for 1st timer owner abt BTO, are: they want

- Fresh

- Cheap

- Big

- neighour (good amenities, good location, view, fs, mrt, siblings.....)

Always, BTO's has "location problem" to 1st timer. 1st timer "fight" with "old birds" over resale because of Amenities like (mrt, good schools)...

Edited by bepgof

For resale unit that is in good-condition, it's possible to only do repainting (1.2K), then one can move in.

For BTO unit, even if it comes with floor tiles, wall tiles and doors, one still need to spare 20K for renovation.

So it's not always true that one will spend LESS money on BTO flat's renovation than resale flat's renovation.

Furthermore, one has to be super lucky to be able to grab one of those BTO left over flats. There're 20,000 applicants for 1,624 left over BTO units in the recent August's Balance of Sale Exercise!

resale or BTO both has their pro and con

Left-over BTO units are "u know I know", like buying durians, the left-over = u know i know.

Edited by bepgof

My friend's friend got a leftover unit that was vacant for a few years. It came with a female spirit :unsure:

My other friends got leftover units that were fine though. It depends on one's luck.

For resale unit that is in good-condition, it's possible to only do repainting (1.2K), then one can move in.

For BTO unit, even if it comes with floor tiles, wall tiles and doors, one still need to spare 20K for renovation.

So it's not always true that one will spend LESS money on BTO flat's renovation than resale flat's renovation.

Furthermore, one has to be super lucky to be able to grab one of those BTO left over flats. There're 20,000 applicants for 1,624 left over BTO units in the recent August's Balance of Sale Exercise!

forgotten, can roughly elaborate what other extra renovation do I need to do for BTO flat?

BTO = new flat right?

Then normal renovation counts:

1) tiling if not tile.

2) wardrobe

3) kitchen cabinet

4) lighting

5) windows grills

6) bathroom shower and accessories

and others if u wanted more things.