Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
RenoJoy

When Is The Right Time?

Hi All,

Care to share your experiences?

When is the right time to start looking for furniture?

Is half a year sufficient?

Should get an id first then talk about furniture?

In the first place, should I get an id if mine is a new condo and a small one? :unsure:

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Hi All,

Care to share your experiences?

When is the right time to start looking for furniture?

Is half a year sufficient?

Should get an id first then talk about furniture?

In the first place, should I get an id if mine is a new condo and a small one? :unsure:

My aunt used to live in a small condo unit and several of her furnitures had to be custom built due to space constraint.

I would suggest that you first discuss with id on space planning and your preferred theme before looking furnitures.

Hope this helps.

Friends are telling me mine's a condo and too small to really engage an ID (kinda waste of money).

Hmmm ... so I am still hesitating if I should (or not). :(

Friends are telling me mine's a condo and too small to really engage an ID (kinda waste of money).

Hmmm ... so I am still hesitating if I should (or not).

:(

No harm getting one to quote 1st. If what the ID quoted fits your budget and able to maximize your usable space, why not.

as far as furniture goes, i think the earlier the better. from shopping around, you can get a clear idea of the average prices. that way, when you come across a good deal, you will know it's a good deal.

i made the mistake of not shopping around first before getting my sofa. i love it to bits but i have to admit it wasn't the best price.

hope you won't make the same mistake i did.

Start as early as possible to look and see around on the trends and pricing for ID and furnitures

You can get yr carpenter to customise items if market items sizes/pricing is not right.

Not just furnitures, include lightings and bathroom items as well.

Magazines/Renotalk is a good start.

Edited by Always Happy

I think it is better to shop for furniture first and get a contractor to do the remaining space. Those pieces will help set the theme for the reno as well.

Built in furniture is always a last resort for me. Plus, if you're buying European furniture and they don't have it in stock, you gotta wait 3-4 months for it to be shipped over... which means sitting on the floor for 3-4 months... -.-

Edited by january