Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
reglxt

Our Cosy Little House

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Hi reglxt,

which company did you get the invisible grille from? I've gotten quotes from Legate and 'invisible grille'. The latter left a bad taste though with their sales tactics. So signed with Legate, although its still quite a sum of money, still better than 'invisible grille'.

Hows your experience?

actually i signed with Legate on the 'invisible grille'. Their service is not bad

I got the retractable ones for service yard and fixed type for hall and bedrooms

ehh i heard somewhere.. if leather expose to direct sunlight everyday.. the leather will crack gradually

ya so got to pull down curtains every day...well still contemplating hard which way to do up the bay window...so headache man...received your pm but asked u a qn again.. :P

ya so got to pull down curtains every day...well still contemplating hard which way to do up the bay window...so headache man...received your pm but asked u a qn again.. :P

If you want you can drop by my house during noon time to see

Ya got them from jestac

IMG_2145.jpg

Reglxt,

is this type of mirror able to be changed in future...what to do if black spots start appearing at mirror edges due to moisture or long term use...i'm not sure how the mirror is mounted such tt lights is behind it...is it sticked onto a smaller wooden area than the mirror???

Hallo neighbour....

I m staying at Blk 38D 2!! think should b lower floor than urs... mine is facing blk 38c n the carpark ....

We moved in ard end Oct....

love how u do up ur bathrm & wiw...

IMG_2145.jpg

Reglxt,

is this type of mirror able to be changed in future...what to do if black spots start appearing at mirror edges due to moisture or long term use...i'm not sure how the mirror is mounted such tt lights is behind it...is it sticked onto a smaller wooden area than the mirror???

never really thought about it

but if you want to install mirror .. discoloration will happen more or less IMO

since already installed dont want to think too much about it.. cos the whole reno is way too tiring :P

"There are several causes of black spots on a mirror. If the black spots are around the edges, it is likely that the cleaning product used to clean the mirror has gotten behind the glass and damaged the back of the mirror. If the black spots are in the middle of the mirror, it is typically caused by moisture or cleaner reaching the back of the mirror and causing damage. Unfortunately in either case, there is no way to remove the black spots. The only solution is to repair the mirror by painting a new finish or disguising the spots." extracted from http://www.thriftyfun.com/tf388828.tip.html

Hallo neighbour....

I m staying at Blk 38D 2!! think should b lower floor than urs... mine is facing blk 38c n the carpark ....

We moved in ard end Oct....

love how u do up ur bathrm & wiw...

Thanks Calgin! nice to know you :)

i think you should be facing happygolucky (another rt user)

next time we all can gather, play MJ during CNY LOL

Should you need electrolux ovens..

there's a neighbourhood retail store that sells electrolux ovens at lower price than any other megastores (BD, HN)

it's located along queensway (opp former Safra Queensway)

thanks for your kind advise but already got mine from HN :(

Wow, will be looking fwd for the finished installation.

LOL i just wanna finish the reno asap..going on for way too long.. dead tired.. went shopping for kiddo's cupboard from ikea earlier after work

i need my beauty slp Zzzz... hehehe

dying.gif

Edited by reglxt

LOL i just wanna finish the reno asap..going on for way too long.. dead tired.. went shopping for kiddo's cupboard from ikea earlier after work

i need my beauty slp Zzzz... hehehe

dying.gif

i haven't start reno, just looking for house stuffs and comparing prices here & there oredi taking its toll...sometimes wondered if we overly compared prices around...time & efforts spent = $$$ saved??? but thinking about final state of my dream house pushes me on... :sport-smiley-003:

i haven't start reno, just looking for house stuffs and comparing prices here & there oredi taking its toll...sometimes wondered if we overly compared prices around...time & efforts spent = $$$ saved??? but thinking about final state of my dream house pushes me on... :sport-smiley-003:

ya thats true.. been surfing renotalk everyday till 1am since keys collection... searching for best pricing and reno ideas... buy & borrow books from NLB & bookstores for reno ideas

then come the ID/ contractor selection even more tiring.. searching for furnitures also tiring... run here run there looking out for nicest looking pieces with bestest pricing

dying.gif

Edited by reglxt

Updates as of 28th Dec

stuva cupboard from ikea for my dotter (white color)

cp2.jpg

trofast storage combi (combi of white, pink & red drawers)

cp1.jpg

I totally agree!!! I will only start reno in march but doing research and getting quotes already taking so so long. But still have to make effort cos it's our dream house. :thumbs up:

Hi everybody here, I am from 38B but I haven't collect keys yet..... I will collect keys in Feb and think reno will start in Mar..... Looking forward to seeing you all soon... :D Btw TS, your house is nice and I am looking for some reno ideas from the photos that you had put up....

Edited by daniu82

Hi everybody here, I am from 38B but I haven't collect keys yet..... I will collect keys in Feb and think reno will start in Mar..... Looking forward to seeing you all soon... :D Btw TS, your house is nice and I am looking for some reno ideas from the photos that you had put up....

Hi Daniu,

I suppose your english name is Daniel ah? :P

Anyway welcome to Reno talk!

Why is your key collection so late? is it due to HLE?