Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
hentiggery

Change Toilet Doors

Thinking of changing Master Room's toilet door. Current door is Bi-fold but wanna change to different kind. I wonder if dats a good idea? My 19 mth old baby keeps wanting to go in the toilet to play with the toilet bowl! Aaargggh! Any recommendations? Don't really want to spend a lot of $. New to this forum so ideas & recommendations are much appreciated. :)

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

U can go for sliding doors, that's if u do not have a space constraint. Sliding doors are also the most durable. Please PM if u need the contacts becox I could refer you direct to the manufacturer (who does installation for condo projects & bungalow).

If u have kids at home, please do not use sand blasted doors - I've got both my sandblasted doors installed by manufacturer, but it's very difficult to maintain. Should have gone for PVC panels, which is cheaper.

Edited by edenstrauss

Thinking of changing Master Room's toilet door. Current door is Bi-fold but wanna change to different kind. I wonder if dats a good idea? My 19 mth old baby keeps wanting to go in the toilet to play with the toilet bowl! Aaargggh! Any recommendations? Don't really want to spend a lot of $. New to this forum so ideas & recommendations are much appreciated. :)

I have a $9.90 solution for you. Go to Ikea and get the PATRULL multilock. See the below link.

http://www.ikea.com.sg/en/catalog/detail.a...Cother%2Csafety

Other safety accessories which you may want to consider such as corner bumpers and safety plugs.

http://www.ikea.com.sg/en/catalog/list.asp...en,other,safety

PD doors r subjective.

There r some RT members who gave positive feedbacks on the quality but those PD doors that I've seen my neighbours have were falling apart or jammed within a very short period of year.

Ever consider glass door? However there is kid in the house may not be feasible. My contractor suggested to me a glass door idea and i like it so much after installing it. Just a though

Hi just to share, for the pd door I have been using for 3 years and it still working good but the only problem is when u have visitor, they might not know how to use it and always cause it to jam

Initially, I thought about getting swing-slide doors for my kitchen, toilets too... love the concept initially. And they use phenolic-resin panels, which makes the door look really stylish & nice. With wood-grain textures too. Something very updated.

Appearance wise, looks flimsy & not very sturdy as compared to sliding doors, which takes up space even though the current trend is such that it has been streamlines to give a sleeker look. PD doors are also silent in its mechanism. But definitely not for heavy duty usage esp when u have many guests in ur house :)