Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
BlurRhino

Togetherness...

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Updates...

Its been some time i had update on progress to our little house but really, its nothing much to update.. haha.. we are just waiting for carpentry to start which is later this week! :dancingqueen: yeah!

Anyway thought i should also share some little happenings at my house to complete reno journal of ours.. :)

In order to cut cost, instead of asking carpenters to fabricate a feature wall for us in the entertainment room, Red Audi ask the false ceiling guys to do a box-up so that i can have a fake "feature wall".. :lol: He ask me to paint it with plain colour coz he have something special planned for this feature wall.. a gift to us to quote his words.. haha! hmmm.. but wondering what he will do lor..

Apologies for the poor quality of the photo, didn't know it will turn out so blurry, will take again and repost.

E_Room_Feature.jpg

We absolutely find this ugly when we first set eyes on our kitchen, in our opinion the yellow tiles are very old-fashioned and don't match the theme we have for our kitchen at all..

DSC00910-1.jpg

So we changed to this! :D we didn't replace those on the left as it will eventually be covered up by our backsplash.. and also to cut down on the cost of making good lo.. the grouting is yet to be done for the tiles.

DSC01011.jpg

Hehe Red Audi only show us these two designs of wallpaper and we immediately shortlist for our living room.. simply love it, especially the one on the left.. but he told us to hold our decision until after carpentry, so that we can see whether it will match with the overall theme.. :)

DSC00996.jpg

This 2 days was amazing..

From virtually emptiness one day and to see our dream home shaping up the next day is nothing short of amazing! Its really very true that only when carpentry take place, then we can see that renovation is really taking place.. hard to put that feeling to words. haha! :)

Carpentry was initially planned to start from Thursday onwards but it was brought fwd a day.. Good and bad actually.. good thing is we have been excited over the carpentry works for the last 2 weeks so to start early means that we can see the final product earlier.. but bad thing is we taking friday leave so that we can see the carpenters in the thick of action, but looking at their inhumane progress made in just 1.5days, i don't think we can see much action tmr, more likely we will just be appreciating their final works.. :paint:

Going back to Wednesday...

Delivery time~~ photos courtesy from Red Audi.

Delivery2.jpg

Actually my carpentry is not as much as i think.. thought should have much more lor. :P

Delivery22.jpg

Red Audi was camping at my house almost the whole day because he say that carpentry is like going for major operation, and he is the surgeon so he gotta be around :lol: at the same time adding to the mess, Kronotex which we engaged for our floor laminates had to do their installation on Wednesday as well so its really two major works going on the same day.. Kudos to the floor laminates installers, they complete their works in less than 4 hours! :o I was shocked when Red Audi called me during lunch to tell me that my floor laminates are completed.. Know its quite fast for installation but didn't know its this fast lo.. Great!

But abit sad with the floor laminates i chose.. I chose bourbon oak for its dark colour so that i can match the theme for my MBR and entertainment room but the end result is a little disappointing.. Its too dark then cannot see the grains clearly, although it match the paint we chose for the rooms.. :(

But the laminate my gal chose for the study looks very good in actual and she is proud of it! haha..

DSC01031.jpg

By right the plan was for carpenters to unload all the carcass and their barang barang on wednesday so didn't expect much to be done when we visit our nest at night, our objective is more to see the completed laminate flooring.. We are dismayed when we see our house fully light up at 10+pm from the carpark and was thinking whether should we ask Red Audi to bear the electricity bills since his people must have forgotten to turn off the lights when they left.. But to our astonishment when we reach our house, 2 carpenters are still working! haha.. Seems like the people Red Audi engaged like to work late (except the tilers :P), as i also see his electrician a few times when i went for night visits.. But abit paiseh to have people working so late to do my house lo.. Many thanks for their efforts! :thumbs up:

DSC01015.jpg

DSC01017.jpg

More pics and more naggy narrating from me tmr lo! hehe.. zz

Hey BlurRhino, can pm me ur id's contact n how much u paid for ur Reno? Looking good, ur home.. Hopefully we'll b able to get an Id as good as urs.. & worth the money too! :D

*praying hard*

Thx thx!

Edited by Farizar

looks really nice now....

Haha thanks! ya from what we see so far, we are very satisfied! :D

Just wondering if Red Audi is Mr R-a-y C-h-u-a?

Hehe nope.. This Ray you mentioned should be the ID who is quite tall and look quite good.. Red Audi called him the Model of their firm.. lolz!

Hey BlurRhino, can pm me ur id's contact n how much u paid for ur Reno? Looking good, ur home.. Hopefully we'll b able to get an Id as good as urs.. & worth the money too! :D

*praying hard*

Thx thx!

Hehe PM!

Continued...

During the carpentry meeting, one of the carpentry works that we spent quite some time discussing is our wardrobe in MBR.. we like the laminates that Red Audi used in his 3D drawing for the MBR wardrobe and actually want to replicate the same thing.. But Red Audi propose to use something that is very bold as he believe it will look very nice, but my missus is apprehensive over using a laminate that is so loud.. And based on the small piece of sample that we see during the carpentry meeting, its really hard to visualize on our wardrobe how it will look like.

For me i think even though its not a safe choice, i also believe it will look good and moreover my carpenter, the giorgio armani :P , also approve this choice! so we combined forces and manage to persuade my gal to bravely try this out.. hehe..

In the end, lucky for me, lucky for Red Audi, she loved it! :D

Day and night shot of the backing of our wardrobe.. Actually now the more i look at it, i am glad i make the "wrong" choice of using the very dark tone floor laminates that i feel abit sad in my earlier post.. If i will to use a different floor laminates with more visible grains, then my MBR will look very messy with all the different patterns.. Phew! ;)

DSC01035.jpg

DSC01024.jpg

Front view of our wardrobe.. Red Audi initially suggested doing full height tinted mirror doors, as he say it will look very grand.. But we veto it as we think its very hard to maintain.. dun like the idea of seeing alot of fingerprints on the doors.. Anyway we also think this is a very common idea used by many people.. So he suggested using this black colour laminate that had a very leathery feel.. But himself and carpenter insist that we use something different in between as wood is uneven, and using big pieces of pure black laminates will make it very obvious.. so we break the line by using frosted glass..

To our horror later, my missus parents' cupboard which is at least a decade old, have almost identical design, just with different laminates! and my missus just realise how her parents cupboard look like! haha! :lol: So with my retro-modern (totally contradicting here :P) looking doors complete with aluminum frame, and the wild-looking laminate that wrap around the wardrobe, i have "successfully" created a Fusion wardrobe. :rofl:

DSC01034.jpg

We want a simple tv feature wall which don't take up too much space.. best it could incorporate something i can put my scv box and dvd player so that i can do away with tv console, since we don't intend to put speakers in the hall.. So Red Audi come up with this;

TV_FeatureWall.jpg

The recess areas on the right will be fitted with glass panels to hold the scv box and dvd player.. Simple and nice, great! :thumbs up:

Renovation looking good.. But how comes deviate from your original plan (i.e. 3d imaging) by so much? Very bold choice for your MBR I must say.. :)

Can't wait to see the finished product!

Renovation looking good.. But how comes deviate from your original plan (i.e. 3d imaging) by so much? Very bold choice for your MBR I must say.. :)

Can't wait to see the finished product!

Haha ya think we really deviate a lot from the original drawings.. because along the way and especially during carpentry meeting, Red Audi propose many new ideas which we have mostly adopt.. I guess that's the reason why i want a ID in the first place, to give me ideas and improve along the way if the opportunity arise.. ;) But its really up to individuals, for my colleague who used him too, his completed product is quite similar to the drawings lo..

So i guess it really depends whether you can accept his free-spirit impromptu ideas, or just ask him to stick to the 3D drawings.. For me i treat it as a value-added service since if we don't like, we always have the final say whether his new idea can be adopted. :)

Bold choice is equivalent to bad choice in the eyes of some people.. Have not show my mum yet but i betting she will not like what we chose. :P Yea we can't wait to see the final product too! :sport-smiley-004:

great looking house in the making...there are alot of punggol movers here in renotalk.

I just moved in to Pasir Ris last week. Love the breeze from the beach.

Where did you get your laminates from? Sory if i missed your post somewhere..if you mentioned this.

We want a simple tv feature wall which don't take up too much space.. best it could incorporate something i can put my scv box and dvd player so that i can do away with tv console, since we don't intend to put speakers in the hall.. So Red Audi come up with this;

TV_FeatureWall.jpg

The recess areas on the right will be fitted with glass panels to hold the scv box and dvd player.. Simple and nice, great! :thumbs up:

Looking forward to the completion of this unique feature wall... :good:

Looks like your reno is gonna be complete before CNY...

Red Audi doing the first wash this week so yup, should be soon.. :) Actually there is a lull of 2 weeks waiting for the carpentry (Carpenter take one month to do my carpentry due to peak season), otherwise i expect to handover end of December lo..

nice wall feature! :)

Hey thanks ya!

great looking house in the making...there are alot of punggol movers here in renotalk.

I just moved in to Pasir Ris last week. Love the breeze from the beach.

Where did you get your laminates from? Sory if i missed your post somewhere..if you mentioned this.

I love east side! :P hehe.. ya seeing more punggolians around now, think will be more in the coming year as i saw many BTO projects almost close to completion..

Hmmm.. i chose the laminate from a book and the carpenter do for me? we didn't get it separately..

Looking forward to the completion of this unique feature wall... :good:

Ya really like this feature wall but abit regret on the size of it.. i told Red Audi i want a small and simple feature wall so that it will not take up too much space in my tiny hall.. So its really small and think after i mount my 42" tv, cannot see the design le.. :( sianz didn't expect end product so nice otherwise will ask for bigger feature wall, or get a smaller tv.. :P