Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
mae29

Extreme Makeover @ Pandan Gardens

Then I can be your daughter to help u lah. Haha....

How I wish I have a daughter like you!~ May be I am not qualified yet if you look at my photo (PM you later). Going out with my sons makes me feel so awkard because people thought I am dating young man!

So you have seen my photos? Can be your sister right?

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
So you have seen my photos? Can be your sister right?

ya loh... i thought your sons already so old means you also not young. then i help you as your sister lah... hahahaha...

ya loh... i thought your sons already so old means you also not young. then i help you as your sister lah... hahahaha...

My sons are 'old' but not their mummy...because I stay happy and live happily ;)

Haha..someone is curious to 'see' me (PM message)...well, I am ME and nothing to hide as I have good network of classmates. You can click my nick & 'see' my photographs taken during recent Lilian Too's talk, under "About Me" page.

Edited by mae29

Extreme Makeover Series - Before & After photographs

The revamped LivingRoom - a contrast of old setting in terms of colour scheme due to change of house facing direction. Before the extreme makeover, our house is facing North and Sitting South, hence I adopt Fire tone for the wall...and now, our house is Sitting North (water), per advice of FSM.

That's why I called my blog Extreme Makeover!

This is taken into the consideration that the new lift is opening right in front of our Main Door, among other criteria (our floor plan as well)!

143c_bd9_uc4it.jpg

The area where wall is painted RED previously, is now a Bedroom for my elder son. The divider is now replaced by concrete wall with glass block.....update in next post! Stay tuned!

grq4_4a0_uc4it.jpg

Edited by mae29

Hi Mae,

I thought the sitting and facing directions of the unit are already fixed by the facing of the building (in term of XKFS). How does your FSM turn it around O_O

Edited by CoffeeMan

Hi Mae,

I thought the sitting and facing directions of the unit are already fixed by the facing of the building (in term of XKFS). How does your FSM turn it around O_O

Taking the facing direction of HDB flats is always a controversial issue. Different Masters have different opinions; some based on the facade which has more Yang energy, whilst some based on which side the building was built to face, while some others will take facing from the lift lobby as Qi mouth. Then, there are some masters who will take house door entrance as facing direction to plot the house natal chart.

My block is a point block, and you know most HDB flats, especially newer blocks, have almost identical facing / facade.

All the while, as I studied under Master JY, I used the side of building facing the carpark & temple which has more Yang energy as house facing. This is also in consideration that the sitting of our unit is in the kitchen, more Yin, compared to the original Living room which faces the carpark & temple which is more Yang.

Now, following the new opening of Lift B, and the fact that we are changing completely the Living room, and also the important fact which the Master considered, is that the floor plan of our unit is shaped like 'arm chair' formation when you see from the main entrance. This is supported by the true fact that there is mountain in NE direction, the back of our unit, and the reservoir in front of our Main door direction.

the FSM asked to hang a huge Luo Pan, 2 feet x 2 feet, ordered since September 2010, and should arrive any moment now, to hang in the central of our house, after he made some 'adjustments'.

'

Here are some slides abstracted from my final FS class assignment which tells more about the old facing based on living room faces the Yang energy....as well as the surroundings which conform to what the current FSM advised me to revamp our house.

oh21_936_uc4it.jpg

wwar_315_uc4it.jpg

wwar_378_uc4it.jpg

wwar_8e0_uc4it.jpg

...continued from above post:

wwar_8ff_uc4it.jpg

wwar_64e_uc4it.jpg

wwar_3bd_uc4it.jpg

wwar_fd4_uc4it.jpg

Lift B is now upgrading in progress, and will be ready in August 2011.

With the new Extreme Makeover plan & the new lift opening, I concurred & can connect with what this FSM advised & took his audit report seriously....and therefore come up with this Extreme MakeOver @ Pandan Gardens!!

Edited by mae29

Upto now, my ID has not come to close out the project, and haven't collect from me the balance of payment which includes the VO items.

Anyway, I am holding back the final payment till I have time to inspect inch by inch again! I hope this is home owner's practice! What do you think? Am I unreasonable?

Mae: You don't look your age. I don't see any sign of wrinkles too, you keep yourself in good shape! :)

Hi, BunBun

Thank you for visiting my blog & your compliment! We must stay young & age gracefully!

The Extreme Makeover Series - Before & After Photographs:

The LivingRoom Converted to Bedroom:

The making of Bedroom 4 progress photographs:

13sp_7b4_uc4it.jpg

Before & After Makeover photographs:

fyg1_b95_uc4it.jpg

grq4_475_uc4it.jpg

The only bulky furniture we keep is the KingSize Sealy Posturepedic mattress and one IKEA chest drawer for this bedroom.

grq4_00d_uc4it.jpg

Single step up platform with T5 cove lights for that romantic effect.

Edited by mae29

continued from above post:

The Glass Block wall which separates the new LivingRoom and Bedroom 4 to allow some lights into the newly converted LivingRoom, per FSM advice.

nwiw_245_uc4it.jpg

Edited by mae29

The electrician came last Monday to install the Earth wire to the gas pipe. This is also another reason why the last schedule for PE inspection was called off at the very last minute.

Now, I have to call ID to get the painter back to touch up the trunking....

hvyf_5a7_uc4it.jpg

grq4_a4a_uc4it.jpg

I am glad that I did the right thing by getting the whole house electrical installation to be certified by PE.:)

The electrician is coming this morning to dismantle all the 2-pin multi-facet wall sockets as they are not approved for PE inspection. I understand that none of these multi-facet sockets are approved for domestic use in Singapore. The PE inspector told us that he could keep 'one-eye' close if there is one or 2 pieces of these sockets installed, but not for the whole unit like ours. So, we postponed the PE Inspection till after CNY.

We will re-install few of them back only after PE approval for the whole house electrical installation.

Edited by mae29

Upto now, my ID has not come to close out the project, and haven't collect from me the balance of payment which includes the VO items.

Anyway, I am holding back the final payment till I have time to inspect inch by inch again! I hope this is home owner's practice! What do you think? Am I unreasonable?

Hello, mae29

I am a silent reader of your blog until now.

Nice renovation, really a major extreeme makeover of your home.

No, you are not unreasonable. I am from the same industries, and can understand owners rights to retain the last payment until you are happy with the house renovation.

Hello, mae29

I am a silent reader of your blog until now.

Nice renovation, really a major extreeme makeover of your home.

No, you are not unreasonable. I am from the same industries, and can understand owners rights to retain the last payment until you are happy with the house renovation.

Hi, KristernM

Thank you for dropping by & providing your comment which is well appreciated. I am already brand as 'difficult' customer, just dun want to be unreasonable.