Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
payton

Our First Project

Further updates!!

21 Jan 2011

My ID told me that today is the day his nightmare starts for finally it's time to load the marble.. LOL

Loading of Marble

Total of 7 Pallets

MarbleArrival.jpg

It's really alot of work loading the marble up to the unit. Each trolley could only carry like 10 pieces of marble each time and we have about over 380 pieces of marble!! Luckily we managed to loan 4 workers to help out.

Dry-Laying

Yet another tedious job. We had to dry-lay the marble in the unit itself. Our ID was kind enough to lay protective cover on the floor for our dry-laying process. The workers were telling us they have aches all over their bodies at the end of the day from all the carrying of marble and dry-laying process. Really appreciate their help for it's really no easy job.

Protective cover to prevent damages to the marble

IMG_1401.jpg

The Process

DryLay.jpg

Ceiling works were also completed and plastered nicely.

CeilingWorks.jpg

MBR Room Toilet

MBRToilet.jpg

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

22 Jan 11

Waterproofing was done to the marble.

Waterproofing.jpg

And we found this piece of marble damaged. SO and I were both wondering what could have caused such a big impact for the whole piece of marble to crack into pieces. :D

IMG_1427.jpg

IMG_1428.jpg

Thanks JCase. That is why we choose to do certain things ourselves to save cost like buying of the marble, arrange for transport and workers and later on, will apply sealant oursleves after ID has polished the floor.. :D

Work resumed earlier than on schedule. Though the schedule showed a two week break during the CNY period, painting works started on Monday, 7 Feb 11. :D

Painting Works (1st Coat. Sealer has already been applied before CNY)

The pics are rather dark as I did not bring my camera yesterday so could only shoot with my phone's camera.

PaintingWorks1.jpg

PaintingWorks.jpg

Common Toilet

Tiling works are done for the common toilet.

IMG_0348.jpg

As the initial towel hooks we wanted were out of stock, we bought a different hook.

Hook4onwall.jpg

Marble gum was applied just before the CNY break and hopefully polishing can start by end of this week. So happy to see works progressing smoothly so far and the transformation of the house. :D

As requested by our dear photog :P ,we proudly present the switches we used for our place.

Clipsal Zencelo

Sliver for living/dining/bedroom

Zencelo-Silver.png

Zencelo-White.jpg

DIY spray work for the switches backing :

IMG_1448.jpg

IMG_1450.jpg

We do not know what spray paint to use initially, but decided to try our luck with Nippon Paint Pylon (Sliver Chrome 471)

And we are quite satisfied with the result. I would say the color is about 90% similar to the the face plate.

IMG_1446.jpg

wah! that's a LOT to spray! Kevin warned me about getting Zencelo as the backings are white... looks like i might be getting Zencelo... or Legrand since we know that we can try to "match" the colors.. haha :P

bestest!

wah! that's a LOT to spray! Kevin warned me about getting Zencelo as the backings are white... looks like i might be getting Zencelo... or Legrand since we know that we can try to "match" the colors.. haha :P

bestest!

Actually its not alot. One can of spray can settle all. Just remember this, if you are getting Legrand, get it from Choo Chiang.

For Zencelo, buy from YES Electrical and make your trip worth.

your layout and mine quite similar :) .. any chance to show us furniture arrangement layout? ;)

This is going to be the arrangement of our big furniture. As you can see, the empty space beside the dining area is meant for mahjong session :lol:

As for the rest of the items, we will plan again when the house is ready.

Furniturelayout.jpg

Edited by payton

Initially, we took out alot of stuff from our reno quote trying to save cost. Not only did we add all those stuff back, we added even more stuff! Our reno budget has totally burst big time. :( Just hope the outcome will be as good as the 3D drawings.

Feature Wall, Console & Study Table for Bedroom 2

Glass panel in the middle will be black instead of the one shown in 3D drawing.

Bedrm2Feature.jpg

Feature Wall & Console for Bedroom 3

Have added in black glass panels for the console to prevent dust from collecting hence lesser cleaning for me :lol:

Bedrm3Feature.jpg

Recessed Cabinet for Study Room

StudyRmRecessedCabinet.jpg

must really control to NOT add any more stuff!!

haha it's common, esp when u see something nicer

and wow, like your ceiling with black base. Will look very nice with lightings

wanted to do the bathroom wall like yours for putting stuff but the extra cost hold us back :P

saw your tv console, how much is yours? our tv console glass panel is similar to yours with black tinted glass. And just before carpentry starts, we are told that our tv console glass panel will not be like that and not wat we see in our 3d design with aluminium frame. And so require to top up to have black tinted glass with aluminium frame!

from your 3d pic, you having downlight and cove light in mbr? i have that too and with a centrepiece crystal light. Feel that it's wrong choice. Too many lights in mbr in the end. the cove light is brighter than wat i tot, literally light up the whole room quite brightly and with 3 downlights at the false ceiling.

haha it's common, esp when u see something nicer

and wow, like your ceiling with black base. Will look very nice with lightings

wanted to do the bathroom wall like yours for putting stuff but the extra cost hold us back :P

saw your tv console, how much is yours? our tv console glass panel is similar to yours with black tinted glass. And just before carpentry starts, we are told that our tv console glass panel will not be like that and not wat we see in our 3d design with aluminium frame. And so require to top up to have black tinted glass with aluminium frame!

from your 3d pic, you having downlight and cove light in mbr? i have that too and with a centrepiece crystal light. Feel that it's wrong choice. Too many lights in mbr in the end. the cove light is brighter than wat i tot, literally light up the whole room quite brightly and with 3 downlights at the false ceiling.

Hi,

Read about your rather painful n frustrating reno experience :(

putting up the wall is nice but takes up space. for MBR toilet still not so bad. however, our common bathroom is very cramp. guess we would be sitting rather close to the wall once wc is up lol

u mean console for the living room? that one cost us $980, before 8% discount (7 ft). seems like your ID make u pay for alot of extras huh :( how much did he charge u for your console?

the 3d pic for MBR is dated. did not update the new 3d pics. feature/console for living also have changes but lazy to upload new 3d pics.. :D we took out the cove lights for mbr so now only left with downlights for mbr.

Edited by payton

Actually its not alot. One can of spray can settle all. Just remember this, if you are getting Legrand, get it from Choo Chiang.

For Zencelo, buy from YES Electrical and make your trip worth.

decided to go for Mallia Legrand in SG. saw the Zencelo... i like the switches but not their sockets... also, Mallia cheaper lo.. haha :P

budget budget... already BURST my original budget..

decided to go for Mallia Legrand in SG. saw the Zencelo... i like the switches but not their sockets... also, Mallia cheaper lo.. haha :P

budget budget... already BURST my original budget..

totally understand. it's so easy to burst budget.. haha :D