Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
jeffcraze

Any Legal Actions Tat Can Be Taken?

Hi, not sure if this is the rite place to post.

Can anyone advise if we can take legal actions against the previous owners and tenants for not changing their address wif the companies and financial institutions tat they owe $$ to? Very vexed and irritated by all the probs we are facing.. Thinking of taking actions against those buggers as it is causing us anxiety and embarrassment! :furious: Imagine legalised debt collectors coming to bang on yr door when u are not in and yr neighbours see tat! :jawdrop:

Also, izzit possible for a civil servant to loose his job if he/she is sued in a civil suit or complained by a civilian? :unsure:

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

too bad.

Don't had.

I had been receive un-known letter from IRAS, Bank , Insurance agent. And today receive a letter look like law firm.

The letter is address is someone I don't know, don't belong to previous owner

So I open and read.

WAH.. Own UOB 10K and they are asking for payment.

Tape back the letter.

Write BIG BIG

NO SUCH PERSON

Tomorrow going to thrown it back to the return letter box.

Think positively.

At least it is some firm or company that you can talk. Better than ah long , right.

too bad.

Don't had.

I had been receive un-known letter from IRAS, Bank , Insurance agent. And today receive a letter look like law firm.

The letter is address is someone I don't know, don't belong to previous owner

So I open and read.

WAH.. Own UOB 10K and they are asking for payment.

Tape back the letter.

Write BIG BIG

NO SUCH PERSON

Tomorrow going to thrown it back to the return letter box.

Think positively.

At least it is some firm or company that you can talk. Better than ah long , right.

So nice of u to juz tape back and write "no such person".. I have ran out of patience le.. Sent back the mails, called those companies - all no effect.. Letters keep coming.. Some stopped after I told them I will get ICA to write to them.. But a few persistent ones still coming.. New ones juz came.. :bangwall:

I made a police report on Monday.. Now thinking of paying a visit to the NPP everytime I receive a letter.. Especially since one of those buggers is working in the SPF.. :notti:

So nice of u to juz tape back and write "no such person".. I have ran out of patience le.. Sent back the mails, called those companies - all no effect.. Letters keep coming.. Some stopped after I told them I will get ICA to write to them.. But a few persistent ones still coming.. New ones juz came.. :bangwall:

I made a police report on Monday.. Now thinking of paying a visit to the NPP everytime I receive a letter.. Especially since one of those buggers is working in the SPF.. :notti:

u are nicer than me.

U call those companies.

Me.. only tape and thrown it back.

I even had free discovery mag. Since the previous owner didn't change the address.

:D

wah.. work in SPF.. u also know.

u are nicer than me.

U call those companies.

Me.. only tape and thrown it back.

I even had free discovery mag. Since the previous owner didn't change the address.

wah.. work in SPF.. u also know.

Haha.. I only call to give them a gd piece of my mind.. ;) And to stop those letters from coming coz I know those buggers were owing $$ everywhere..

Discovery mag? So good? Keep and read lorz.. :lol:

Oh, I know coz the "nice" OCBC bank officer told me so as to scare me for opening the bugger's letters.. :P And, I suspect the NPP where I lodged my report, the policemen there knows him.. Haha.. :bleah:

Oh, btw, from my "experience", UOB will keep sending u the letters even though u sent the letters back, coz as long as they can't contact the person to change his address, they will juz send to yr address.. :(

Edited by jeffcraze

Discovery mag? So good? Keep and read lorz..

ya.. this one I don't mind receive it.

Oh, btw, from my "experience", UOB will keep sending u the letters even though u sent the letters back, coz as long as they can't contact the person to change his address, they will juz send to yr address..

never mind.

They sent. I read then thrown

Lost sleep over this last nite, and am pissed thus, I sent a **** lengthy e-mail to the ICA officer demanding to know wat legal recourse I have and why they nv prosecute the blardy bugger for not changing her address until one year later.. Let's see if I hear anything from ICA by next week.. :deal:

We've been receiving letters from COURTS also for the previous owners, owing them about 10K. I open and read...it's quite amusing to see how they 'threaten' to take legal action, then after that take soft approach, say can work out financial plan etc. My husband called them 2-3 times already, they even sent one young boy to check up on us, but they still keep insisting on sending the letters. So we're just going to ignore them lah.

Of course, I have this irrational fear that I'm going to come home one day and find repo men at my unit taking my stuff but it shouldn't happen, right? Stay here 3 years already.

Court change their approach?

10 yrs ago, Courts sent lawyer letter straight away.

We call the lawyer tell them, unit has change of hand. Can check with HDB

Ask for the previous seller contact, we don't have. Then ask for agent contact, w3hich we gave.

After that no news , no sound.

Oh well, wat was I expecting? :unsure:

ICA officer gave me a very std answer, with no answer to all my questions, except to tell me that all the buggers have changed their IC address.. Unable to tell me if SPF will be prosecuting those buggers who changed only after one year, as wat he put across to me was "criminal proceedings - so can't tell us"... DUH... :jawdrop:

Then tell me, "Oh, we can't tell u when those ppl change their address", as if I am interested... :bleah: I already have documentary proof that the father bugger nv changed his e-mail address for more than a year lorz..

Now juz wonder wat is the use of the National Registration Act when ppl can apparently contravene the law and get away wif it... :bleah: Coz nv heard of any cases when ppl were actually prosecuted for it lorz.. I believe it will juz take a couple of arrests and jail sentences to make ppl aware that not changing IC address is REALLY an offence... :deal:

As for legalised debt collectors, ICA advised me to call SPF, not NPP, when I encounter such ppl.. 8| Great, those ppl better stop coming, or SPF will have a bz time "entertaining" them.. ;)

Edited by jeffcraze

We've been receiving letters from COURTS also for the previous owners, owing them about 10K. I open and read...it's quite amusing to see how they 'threaten' to take legal action, then after that take soft approach, say can work out financial plan etc. My husband called them 2-3 times already, they even sent one young boy to check up on us, but they still keep insisting on sending the letters. So we're just going to ignore them lah.

Of course, I have this irrational fear that I'm going to come home one day and find repo men at my unit taking my stuff but it shouldn't happen, right? Stay here 3 years already.

Courts must be sleeping.

Send a letter (email also can, scan & attached) to ICA officr in charge, ask them to "investigate.

At the same time send Courts an email (attached scan copy)to stop sending this immediately, otherwise legal action will be taken for mental distress claim at Courts' expense!

Edited by godloveyou

Courts must be sleeping.

Send a letter (email also can, scan & attached) to ICA officr in charge, ask them to "investigate.

At the same time send Courts an email (attached scan copy)to stop sending this immediately, otherwise legal action will be taken for mental distress claim at Courts' expense!

Woah... Tat's a good suggestion! :D But can it apply to all private companies, including financial institutions and legalised debt collection companies? :unsure:

Yest hubby took the day off and was at home, when he heard an idiot banging on our door and playing wif our digital lock. Too bad, by the time he came our from the bathroom, the idiot has already left.. :curse: Only consolation was tat my dog barked at the idiot.. :thumbs up:

Anyway, tat made me pissed off and I printed a copy of the police report, highlighted those buggers whose letters we were still receiving in bright colours individually and stuck it on the wall outside my flat last nite. :D Am going to make some more copies, juz in case some bugger tears down the one I put up yesterday. ;)