Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
laiwh

Home@coral Spring

hi im new to this blog...so a short intro...in staying at 411B..shld be getting keys late jan...still looking for gd ID...

laiwh & blackhawk_wife--> which blk r u staying? :)

laiwh--> can share who u find for ur ID? nice design btw, and affordable :D

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
hi im new to this blog...so a short intro...in staying at 411B..shld be getting keys late jan...still looking for gd ID...

laiwh & blackhawk_wife--> which blk r u staying? :)

laiwh--> can share who u find for ur ID? nice design btw, and affordable :D

Hullo mitev hihi! both of us blik 411a.....yah laiwh which is your ID huh?

Hello Blackhawk_Wife, Laiwh.. seems like we had all migrate to Renotalk instead...

Hi Mitevo10.. I am also from CS... 410B!

Should be setting up my renoblog soon...

Hello Blackhawk_Wife, Laiwh.. seems like we had all migrate to Renotalk instead...

Hi Mitevo10.. I am also from CS... 410B!

Should be setting up my renoblog soon...

Mitev I will pm you dunwan the moderator to come after me..hehhee..

Yashimi! hahah...we always bump into each other..hahah..*hugs*..

hehe..looking forward to see your t-blogs :)

saw the FV2 t-blogs, got a lot of idea in my head, but all restricted by my budget and my CO not approve :P

--> blackhawk_wife: sure no problem, i understand...tks :)

--> yashimi: cool~~mine is 411b hehee :)

--> laiwh: so paiseh, tis suppose to be ur blog but ended up we all chatting here.. :P

btw when are all of u taking keys? mine shld be end jan wor...wifey is very excited hehee :P

--> blackhawk_wife: sure no problem, i understand...tks :)

--> yashimi: cool~~mine is 411b hehee :)

--> laiwh: so paiseh, tis suppose to be ur blog but ended up we all chatting here.. :P

btw when are all of u taking keys? mine shld be end jan wor...wifey is very excited hehee :P

no worries. Your posts help to up my post too :P

Merry X'mas to all~~~~!!

Since CO and me are having half-day work today, I proposed going to check out our hifi system because Xuan Xuan is still with nanny and that means we can look at the stuff properly without being "disturbed".

Guess CO should be happy because I have started to shift my focus away from Bose system to something much cheaper.

Was aiming at this, but I think I'll KIV it until my boss gives me a (BIG)increment..hehe

lsv35_bl_lg.jpg

This is my new tentative target -- Onkyo HT-S5305B. Speakers are much bigger as compared to Bose, but I guess that's something I need to compromise to save my pocket. Going to audit the set later, hopefully me and CO will like it...hehe.. and hopefully I don't get poisoned and start to customise the system :ph34r:

i_color01.jpg

Since our kitchen is sooo small, we don't have much choice of the appliances that we can get. Can only settle for the smaller ones

Washing Machine 7.5KG capacity - LG WFT7500 (Damage: ~$400++)

lg-laundry-WFT7500-3-4view-large.png

Fridge - Samsung RT34SSIS (Damage: ~$600++)

dimage.jpgRT34SSIS_2_Large.jpg

Went to KEC this afternoon. Made a fool of myself by asking if they have the Onkyo HT-S530. They don't sell HTS in sets because they only do customisation of audio systems. Clarified to the guy that I'm actually noob in audio stuff and told him wat I'm looking for -- something entry level, with nice and small form factor. Luckily that guy is a patient guy and brought me all over their 3 (or 4) demo rooms to show me their stuff. I felt a bit guilty making him connect up the speakers and receivers for me to audit the sounds produced. This trip really opened up my eyes and ears because I have finally found another speaker that produces equal, if not better sounds than those bose jewel speakers at prices a few times cheaper.

Anyway here's my shortlisted HTS components:

Cambridge Audio Minx325

20101110_130002_s325-web.jpg

Onkyo Receiver TX-SR508

TX-SR508B_MDD_FR_RGB.jpg

Edited by laiwh

Ok. Enough of all the ranting on shopping. When to catch a sneak at CS in the later part of the evening, just before dark.

411A is all sealed up. Guess it's the "no move time" for that block until HDB finishes their inspection. We went on to try 411B. Althought the place was all messy with debris and mud (or spilt cement...i don't know). Climbed to 11th floor from level 5 and went into the equivalent unit in this block that has the same layout as my unit.

My first impression was really disappointing. Not because of the mess and stuff, but it's because of fxxxing small size of the apartment. *pls pardon me for the vulgarity*

Room 2 and Room 3 are really cannot make it. They are so bloody small, I think if I lie down across the room, there might not be enough room for another person to walk pass me without walking over me.

Kitchen is another ridiculous joke. I have seen small kitchens but those i've seen are at least wide enough for you to place your cabinets properly along 3 sides of the wall. For our case, it's just one short wall with almost no extra space on the other 2 sides of the wall to place the cabinets. I did not take any pic of the kitchen as the fellow neighbours have already taken pic of the kitchen, and you can't feel the smallness of the kitchen unless you are physically there.

I'm attaching a pic of the bay window of unit type 1A and I've also drawn a little stickman to let you gauge the height of the bay window ledge and the window panels. The stickman is about 1.6m tall. Enjoy..

IMG_2465a.jpg

Edited by laiwh