Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
laiwh

Home@coral Spring

Forgot to mention that we also went shopping for some of our main furniture, eg. sofa, tea table, dining table.

We hope to have an L-shaped sofa, but the TV console that K designs for us is only 6 ft. That means the TV area will look abit unbalanced because there is no L-shaped sofa that is of 6ft length, even if we customise one, it'll look funny cos 6ft is really too small for an L-shaped sofa. Need to discuss with K if the TV console and feature wall can be extended to 7ft++. We also decided to let K do a customised TV console because it is really very hard to find a TV console that has the correct dimension, correct colour. 6ft TV consoles are also very rare in furniture stores. Most of them are at least 7ft. So must talk to K on this.

Tea table -- KIV until we sort out the TV console dimension

Dining table -- The search goes on. Looking for an extendable one so that we can save some space.

Edited by laiwh

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Wow laiwh the 3D drawing is nice :) So you have signed with kelvin from ideal house? He is very popular leh, u still can get hold of him.

Ok. Enough of all the ranting on shopping. When to catch a sneak at CS in the later part of the evening, just before dark.

411A is all sealed up. Guess it's the "no move time" for that block until HDB finishes their inspection. We went on to try 411B. Althought the place was all messy with debris and mud (or spilt cement...i don't know). Climbed to 11th floor from level 5 and went into the equivalent unit in this block that has the same layout as my unit.

My first impression was really disappointing. Not because of the mess and stuff, but it's because of fxxxing small size of the apartment. *pls pardon me for the vulgarity*

Room 2 and Room 3 are really cannot make it. They are so bloody small, I think if I lie down across the room, there might not be enough room for another person to walk pass me without walking over me.

Kitchen is another ridiculous joke. I have seen small kitchens but those i've seen are at least wide enough for you to place your cabinets properly along 3 sides of the wall. For our case, it's just one short wall with almost no extra space on the other 2 sides of the wall to place the cabinets. I did not take any pic of the kitchen as the fellow neighbours have already taken pic of the kitchen, and you can't feel the smallness of the kitchen unless you are physically there.

I'm attaching a pic of the bay window of unit type 1A and I've also drawn a little stickman to let you gauge the height of the bay window ledge and the window panels. The stickman is about 1.6m tall. Enjoy..

IMG_2465a.jpg

I have the same feeling as u when i got my keys. haha.. slowly u'll get used to it cos we can't change it, can onli learn to live with it. (n ur stickman is funny! :D )

Congrats, bearlyn2406...finally gotten your keys after the long wait :) Guess although it's small, it's still our cosy little home and we can spend less time cleaning up the house. That's how i console myself :P

Went to Gain City over the weekend to check out the aircon. I'm aiming at Mitsubishi air con, but they have a few variants even for Mitsubishi. Any tips on how to select the air con? CO and me decided to go for the System3 non-inverter ones cos we seldom use the air con.

Although my key collection is just round the corner, I'm now having mixed feelings cos my pocket will start to bleed when i get my keys.

Quite heart wrenching to see the money disappearing at such a fast pace, but on the other hand, this is my first home that I can really call it my own...so i guess the money has to be spent. Buying the items on installment plan might be an alternative to slow down the bleeding, but this means slower bleeding over a longer period of time which I personally don't like the idea. 长痛不如短痛

Must think of excuses to siam the CNY period so that I can save on the ang bao money...wahaha...

Edited by laiwh

Merry X'mas to all~~~~!!

Since CO and me are having half-day work today, I proposed going to check out our hifi system because Xuan Xuan is still with nanny and that means we can look at the stuff properly without being "disturbed".

Guess CO should be happy because I have started to shift my focus away from Bose system to something much cheaper.

Was aiming at this, but I think I'll KIV it until my boss gives me a (BIG)increment..hehe

lsv35_bl_lg.jpg

This is my new tentative target -- Onkyo HT-S5305B. Speakers are much bigger as compared to Bose, but I guess that's something I need to compromise to save my pocket. Going to audit the set later, hopefully me and CO will like it...hehe.. and hopefully I don't get poisoned and start to customise the system :ph34r:

i_color01.jpg

lol laiwh....i was also sourcing ard for HTS...tested the BOSE system sometime back as per your attached..wow really magnificent & crystal clear but too ex and burst my budget... :( guess im gonna be same as u, gotta lower to middle range hehee..

Ok. Enough of all the ranting on shopping. When to catch a sneak at CS in the later part of the evening, just before dark.

411A is all sealed up. Guess it's the "no move time" for that block until HDB finishes their inspection. We went on to try 411B. Althought the place was all messy with debris and mud (or spilt cement...i don't know). Climbed to 11th floor from level 5 and went into the equivalent unit in this block that has the same layout as my unit.

My first impression was really disappointing. Not because of the mess and stuff, but it's because of fxxxing small size of the apartment. *pls pardon me for the vulgarity*

Room 2 and Room 3 are really cannot make it. They are so bloody small, I think if I lie down across the room, there might not be enough room for another person to walk pass me without walking over me.

Kitchen is another ridiculous joke. I have seen small kitchens but those i've seen are at least wide enough for you to place your cabinets properly along 3 sides of the wall. For our case, it's just one short wall with almost no extra space on the other 2 sides of the wall to place the cabinets. I did not take any pic of the kitchen as the fellow neighbours have already taken pic of the kitchen, and you can't feel the smallness of the kitchen unless you are physically there.

I'm attaching a pic of the bay window of unit type 1A and I've also drawn a little stickman to let you gauge the height of the bay window ledge and the window panels. The stickman is about 1.6m tall. Enjoy..

IMG_2465a.jpg

coincidentally me n wifey went to take a sneak at our unit last nite...kinda impromptu after dinner at fernvale point...bypass from the roof garden and climb all the way up to 18th floor coz the lift not responding :(

ya agreed with u...the living room kinda small and worst off the masterbedroom toilet is so freaking small too...haiiz...but well since tis is oso my 1st house...gotta appreciate it from inside after moving in...heheee :P

did not take any pics tho coz too dark and hp camera too lousy heehe...gonna try again tis coming weekend to take proper and nice surrouding view hehehee :)

wow!! realised many CSers at the main page of the t-blog...

saying hii here to qin83 & bearlyn 2406 :)

guess i will be contributing soon for this forum after i finalised my sorucing for furnitures and IDs... :)

wow!! realised many CSers at the main page of the t-blog...

saying hii here to qin83 & bearlyn 2406 :)

guess i will be contributing soon for this forum after i finalised my sorucing for furnitures and IDs... :)

hi hi!!!! me from FV actually, not CS, but got frenz who's waiting for keys to CS too. :)

lol laiwh....i was also sourcing ard for HTS...tested the BOSE system sometime back as per your attached..wow really magnificent & crystal clear but too ex and burst my budget... :( guess im gonna be same as u, gotta lower to middle range hehee..

hehe.... i was mesmerized by the sound from the Bose system the very first time i heard it at the showroom. Then my mind was even more set on it after i played PS3 on it in my fren's home with that system connected, no soundproofing done for my fren's room -- just plain cement walls. Don't know how to describe, but it's really fantastic. Too bad the price tag is really too high for me.

Actually I'm changing the configuration of that Onkyo HT-S5305 a little bit. I'm using the AV receiver and pairing it with another set of 5.1 speaker set cos the Onkyo speakers still look too big -- CO don't like big speakers. But after all the customisation, it still costs abt 3 times lower than the Bose set, but sound produced is on par if compared to that bose system (at least that's what my non-audiophile ears tell me). The speakers are slightly bigger than the bose jewel speakers, but the receiver is a big monster...i think that's the tradeoff for a cheaper system :P

P.S do u drive an evo 10? hehe...that's a wicked speed machine and also my dream car leh :jammin:

Anyway here's my shortlisted HTS components:

Cambridge Audio Minx325

Onkyo Receiver TX-SR508

Hi! Welcome to the Fernvale Rd district.

Glad that you went down to audition your HTS before deciding.

What may sound sweet to others may not be the same to you.

Hope you will have fun with it in times to come.

Me for example now prefer to watch blu ray movies at home then to watch at cinemas.

Enjoy your reno process. It's a tiring but wonderful experience. Bear and I have just gone through ours =P

The time spent in it is definately worthwhile.

Cheers.

Edited by flamedav

Me for example now prefer to watch blu ray movies at home then to watch at cinemas.

Enjoy your reno process. It's a tiring but wonderful experience. Bear and I have just gone through ours =P

Cheers.

Hi Flamedav, thank you for the warm welcome :) Sometimes I feel so glad to have chosen SK because we have such friendly folks and neighbours here, feels just like the good old kampong days :sport-smiley-018:

Cheers.

hey flame, dun tell me the occasional "boom boom" sound at night comes from u ah? haha... :P

hey flame, dun tell me the occasional "boom boom" sound at night comes from u ah? haha... :P

Haha not me lah, when I watch movies I close my doors and windows. Feels like a mini theater. Cannot hear unless you press your ears against my front door. :sport-smiley-018: