Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
laiwh

Home@coral Spring

Give the sample tiles to your contractor/ID. At least they can put in office for sample instead of in your home. :)

I like your choices of tiles. I didn't take shiny one cos slippery... Not good for my mum.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

The long awaited day of key collection (21 Feb) has come and passed. CO and myself took half day's leave and reached HDB about 1 hr before our appointment time cos we want to settle the Home Insurance first and then hopefully get to collect our keys earlier than the stipulated time.

Application for Home Insurance is a pain, not on the actual application process, but the queue system. They don't have any queue numbering system. It's really based on who is more aggressive and faster. At first we waited patiently at the sofa because the 2 counters were already serving someone. But while waiting, we saw other people standing directly behind those who are being served. I thought if I continue sitting on the sofa, I'll never get my turn even if I wait till 5pm! So I walked to one of the counter, pulled a chair and sat right behind one of those being served. I know i'm quite rude doing that, but I couldn't think of other better ways of queuing! The moment the person infront stood up, I immediately sat myself infront of the counter. Insurance was done in 15min, plus 30min of mindless waiting.

Next up was the actual paperwork for key collection. We waited patiently for our turn to come. CO was very excited and kept looking at the queue number display. I told her to surf web or relax cos I know each queue number will take at least 30min to change to the next number, and it doesn't change in numeric sequence. Our turn came -- 30min before our appointment time! Everything was done in about 30min. We quickly collected our barang barang and proceeded to our Home!

Not much surprise upon opening of door because we already had a few "sneak previews" previously. But nevertheless, we were still too excited at seeing our own completed home and couldn't do any defect checking properly. I even left the camera on the car, so couldn't take any pic. We tried to check for hollow tiles by trying to knock on each tiles with a coin but gave up after a few knocks cos there's just too many tiles to knock.

Anyway I'll be back again tomorrow to let the aircon guy do site survey and also do proper defect checking, and also hopefully remember to take some pic :)

haha at least when the glass break (touch wood) still got the bottom to support..

wah din know the insurance payment is like that..our appt at 810am, nobody there Q-ing..guess they shld implement a q number system..

my tiles n parquet flooring r alright I think...so far knock wif brolly..no sound..n the wall tiles also ok..

btw the clothes hanger if scratched or dented, cannot rectify de =S the main contractor(worker) told me that...sigh..ask them change the whole thing say not possible ..duhz

haha at least when the glass break (touch wood) still got the bottom to support..

wah din know the insurance payment is like that..our appt at 810am, nobody there Q-ing..guess they shld implement a q number system..

my tiles n parquet flooring r alright I think...so far knock wif brolly..no sound..n the wall tiles also ok..

btw the clothes hanger if scratched or dented, cannot rectify de =S the main contractor(worker) told me that...sigh..ask them change the whole thing say not possible ..duhz

hehe...tell u one joke about the clothes hanger. At first i thought i have to pull it down instead of using the rope attached. I tried pulling it down and it won't budge. I even tried hanging myself on the clothes hanger to pull it down. It's only later when my CO saw me doing that stunt and asked me what is that rope for, then i thought it might be the rope that is used to lower it down :P:bangwall:

I didn't check much on the clothes hanger cos it's all covered with plastic bag, lazy to open it up

HAHAHAAHAH....u can do ur chin up before ur IPPT using that LOL...the rope so obvious la..difficult to miss it wor =pp

no..I check the 1 hanging outside..the 1 above I never check also.juz make sure it can pull up n down nia..

check wif u, where u putting ur fridge?

hehe....bad thing abt this dining table is the table top is transparent. Therefore if you wan to kick your husband if he says the wrong thing, other pple can see :P But my CO and me like the PVC wrapping of the supporting structure.

Btw, the chairs that come with the table are the black ones. I have no idea why they put the white ones there. Think have to pay extra $100 for each of the white chairs.

There's another one that is extendable and of the same dimension. I wanted to get that one initially. It looks quite nice from far, but on closer look, the workmanship of the supporting structure is quite rough. I think the stainless steel will oxidise overtime and needs constant polishing to preserve the shine. Not for lazy people like me..hehe

Haha.. that is funny.. the dining table i bought also transparent one.. so dun say kick.. must even sit properly when eating...

HAHAHAAHAH....u can do ur chin up before ur IPPT using that LOL...the rope so obvious la..difficult to miss it wor =pp

no..I check the 1 hanging outside..the 1 above I never check also.juz make sure it can pull up n down nia..

check wif u, where u putting ur fridge?

My fridge will be facing the kitchen entrance, along the same row as the kitchen cabinet. Can't think of any other place to put leh... thought of putting it perpendicular to the kitchen cabinet near the kitchen entrance, but the walkway is too narrow.

Haha.. that is funny.. the dining table i bought also transparent one.. so dun say kick.. must even sit properly when eating...

yeah...must be very careful at the dining table... wahaha :rofl:

Went to CS again this morning because air-con guy came to do site survey. Asked K along just in case the aircon guy ask things that we don't know how to answer. good thing that K is there. He helped us plan the aircon pipings swee swee so that it won't be an eye sore. Actually our CS unit a bit cock lah -- beam here, beam there, no matter how we do, there will still be some ugly pipings somewhere. Anyway, glad that it's settled liao. Thanks K! Really glad that you were here today!

We also confirmed the date to start work. Reno will start on 8 March with hacking of living rm tiles.

Oh, we have also bought our curtains from Jimmy Textiles at Joo Chiat complex. Thanks to the friendly CS neighbours who help to provide all the leads to my curtain hunt! Damage for the curtain is $1157 -- day & night curtain for living room and MBR, roller blind for the other 2 bedrooms. Curtain guy will be coming to do site survey this saturday. SP guy will also be coming this saturday to turn on the power and water.

Oh by the way I didn't report any defect cos K is kind enough to help me fix the cracked service balcony wall. The chipped door handle at MBR toilet is not really chipped. It's just some resin stain. CO used her fingernail to scrape it off and it's as good as new again!

laiwh: same lor I am also placing it facing kitchen entrance in line with the kitchen cabinets..above the drainage =S..we also wanted to put near the entrance, hubby say the kitchen entrance is same width as our main door, can maybe seal up 1/4 tile of plaster wall then make the kitchen entrance slightly smaller abit but need more $$ n duno workable anot coz need some space for the ventilation of fridge..sigh..

oh 8 march..think mine will be 1 week later than urs, when u target to move?

jimmy textiles so cheap? any idea where the material is from? I got quote from Ben- material from Europe, all rooms normal,living room with day n night curtain..$2.5k..I tot is abit too steep pricing...

ya some doors r resin stain, but mine is not, either scratched knobs else the portion where they fix the knob cracks..sigh..

laiwh: same lor I am also placing it facing kitchen entrance in line with the kitchen cabinets..above the drainage =S..we also wanted to put near the entrance, hubby say the kitchen entrance is same width as our main door, can maybe seal up 1/4 tile of plaster wall then make the kitchen entrance slightly smaller abit but need more $$ n duno workable anot coz need some space for the ventilation of fridge..sigh..

oh 8 march..think mine will be 1 week later than urs, when u target to move?

jimmy textiles so cheap? any idea where the material is from? I got quote from Ben- material from Europe, all rooms normal,living room with day n night curtain..$2.5k..I tot is abit too steep pricing...

ya some doors r resin stain, but mine is not, either scratched knobs else the portion where they fix the knob cracks..sigh..

We don't have a target date of when we want to move in. Ideally, it would be the sooner the better, but I believe in giving my ID comfortable time to finish whatever that is needed. Setting a deadline might stress him up and also stress myself up. But I think he is more anxious than me to finish the reno :D

I think hor, if seal up the kitchen entrance partially, next time your appliances or bulky stuff like washing machine, fridge etc might not be able to enter the kitchen leh...

dunno Jimmy Textiles is considered cheap or not, but it's 2 times cheaper than the one we checked out at IMM. No idea and didn't ask from where the material are from cos CO and me are both noob with textile materials. We just picked one that looks nice and feels nice and doesn't attract dirt easily :P

We don't have a target date of when we want to move in. Ideally, it would be the sooner the better, but I believe in giving my ID comfortable time to finish whatever that is needed. Setting a deadline might stress him up and also stress myself up. But I think he is more anxious than me to finish the reno :D

I think hor, if seal up the kitchen entrance partially, next time your appliances or bulky stuff like washing machine, fridge etc might not be able to enter the kitchen leh...

dunno Jimmy Textiles is considered cheap or not, but it's 2 times cheaper than the one we checked out at IMM. No idea and didn't ask from where the material are from cos CO and me are both noob with textile materials. We just picked one that looks nice and feels nice and doesn't attract dirt easily :P

Have you tried Mr Chew? He quoted me cheaper than what your got from jimmy textile.

Not to mention, I'm doing living rm day & night and roller blind for 4 bedrooms.

Have you tried Mr Chew? He quoted me cheaper than what your got from jimmy textile.

Not to mention, I'm doing living rm day & night and roller blind for 4 bedrooms.

Hi Payton, I tried Mr Chew, but his is slightly more expensive than Jimmy leh :P

btw, I saw your carpentry work on K's mobile....very nice leh....i like your MBR wardrobe very much leh :)

hello,

thanks for share the information about home coral spring with picture i thing it is good good 3d drawing that you have show here of home coral spring..

free software download

download software

free download

Sorry, if you don't mind. Can you let me know what is the software name? I clicked on your links and it shows me dozen of softwares...make me blur!!!....LOL

EmoBebe

Hi Payton, I tried Mr Chew, but his is slightly more expensive than Jimmy leh :P

btw, I saw your carpentry work on K's mobile....very nice leh....i like your MBR wardrobe very much leh :)

How can that be? Maybe my windows are small, that's why I feel that it's already very cheap. :D

We are also very satisfied with the MBR wardrobe, the outcome of the flower pattern in contrast with the black sparkling laminate is really nice

How can that be? Maybe my windows are small, that's why I feel that it's already very cheap. :D

We are also very satisfied with the MBR wardrobe, the outcome of the flower pattern in contrast with the black sparkling laminate is really nice

actually Jimmy is only slightly cheaper nia. So we just picked the cheaper one :P

So how's your reno going so far? i saw your reno is going quite smoothly leh.... i like his bicycle chain lock...lol.... it's so thoughtful of him to use those rubber coated one so that it won't scratch the gate.... hehe