Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
laiwh

Home@coral Spring

The tiles have arrived on Saturday morning. Could only get to snap some pic of the tiles today cos it was too dark yesterday when I reached the place.

The tiles are almost as high as a baby girl -- 600mm X 600mm

IMG_2682.jpg

This is how the actual tile looks like

IMG_2683.jpg

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

It's another round of massive bleeding (from my pocket) today.

We've gotten the dimension from K, so we continued with our shopping today.

Started the day by going to CS to take some measurement. Then we went to KEC at Adelphi to buy our hifi set first.

These are what we bought:

Onkyo AV Receiver TX-SR508

TX-SR508B_MDD_FR_RGB.jpg

Cambridge Audio Minx325 Speaker set

20101110_130002_s325-web.jpg

I requested for extra long cables (35M) just in case it's not enough because I'm going to mount the speakers on the L-Box. They also provide free installation and tuning service. Total damage: $2600

After settling the hifi system, we continued to go on to look for our sanitary fittings (MBR toilet basin, kitchen basin, mirror etc)

We managed to only get the MBR toilet and kitchen basins because we couldn't be very sure about the correct size of the mirrors, so we decided to come another round.

These are what we got:

Kitchen basin

kitchen_basin.jpg

Tap for kitchen basin

kitchen_basin_tap.jpg

MBR Toilet basin

MBR_Basin.jpg

We didn't buy any tap for MBR basin because CO doesn't like the one that I like because she doesn't want those fancy taps. Since we will be buying a normal looking one, we might as well keep the existing tap given by HDB :P

Total damage: $686

Edited by laiwh

Hi Bluerosie,

I got it at sim siang choon. about $200++ excluding tap. Actually i got both my basins at the same place. don't know whether it's overpriced or not but i'm starting to get burnt out from all the recce sessions.... i think if i add in all the petrol and parking (and fines) used in the recce sessions while looking for cheaper lobangs, i don't save much too :P

ya sian right, after much recce n comparing of prices lol..I also sian liaoz..taking a break..hahaha this sun then go IT fair to see electronics.

basins all that buy by next wkend..sim siang choon..hmmm wat material is the kitchen basin? I looking for granite black 1..tat time at hoe kee having promo for blanco 2 bowls sink $399 before cny, not sure whether still have anot now..

ya sian right, after much recce n comparing of prices lol..I also sian liaoz..taking a break..hahaha this sun then go IT fair to see electronics.

basins all that buy by next wkend..sim siang choon..hmmm wat material is the kitchen basin? I looking for granite black 1..tat time at hoe kee having promo for blanco 2 bowls sink $399 before cny, not sure whether still have anot now..

Hmm..that's a good question... I didn't ask the sales people!! :wacko:

I didn't bother ask about the material cos even if he (the salesperson) tell me, I also won't know what he's talking about. I just look for one that looks nice, price looks good, then whack liao :P

IT show -- I going on thursday when it opens hopefully can avoid the crowd

sorry Bluerosie... pls pardon my previous reply...i mis-read your question. the kitchen basin is granite material. I thought you asked for the material of MBR toilet basin :P

hi laiwh,

did your ID charge you for the laying of the protective sheets to protect the flooring?

Hi Abupapa, my ID didn't charge for laying protective sheets cos it's not mentioned in the quotation...i guess the cost has been "distributed" somehow.... :notti:

$200+ for granite is cheap!!! hahahaha...shall recce sim siang choon n hoe kee again..MBR basin shld be porcelain bah

yeah...looks like porcelain to me...i didn't ask them wat's the material. Btw, if you looking for MBR basin, u need their help because I was told that there are a few types of basins -- semi recess, wall mount, corner mount etc. It depends on what kind you wan, and if get the wrong one, then jialat liao

so nice, they wrapped the main door for you too.

Mine dun have wor.

Progress looking good! :)

I also didn't expect them to wrap the main door for me hehe... so far so good.... i can visit the site on weekend, so don't know what happens in between