Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  

until today i haven even buy anything for myself.. LOL

been shopping for the house until dead broke.. maybe at least need to get at leasssst one new set of clothings

heeee

i haven got time to buy new clothes too...but oso lazy to buy la...fitting rooms q so long...

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

lol...for me i am at my final stage.. broke broke broke.. u wont experience this unless u are at the last last stage..

so this cny i will just stay in my cave and act blur LOL

hi lady_r...after getting keys and viewing hse, i think i need to get a dryer cos the outside clothes hanging area is deprived of sunshine...hopefully got wind but better to plan for alternative...but after taking meaurement, can't stack dryer onto WM... :bangwall: ...so now got to look for 2-in-1 washer dryer... :( ...dunno if 2-in-1 will spolit easily not...

oh.... why your ceiling is so low? why not able to stack them on top of each other?

hi lady_r...after getting keys and viewing hse, i think i need to get a dryer cos the outside clothes hanging area is deprived of sunshine...hopefully got wind but better to plan for alternative...but after taking meaurement, can't stack dryer onto WM... :bangwall: ...so now got to look for 2-in-1 washer dryer... :( ...dunno if 2-in-1 will spolit easily not...

i think better get 2in1 since u not going to use dryer all the time..

my samsung 8804 is working fine

lol...for me i am at my final stage.. broke broke broke.. u wont experience this unless u are at the last last stage..

so this cny i will just stay in my cave and act blur LOL

ya, when my friends asking me where to go holiday this year, my answer is "no holiday for this year as my reno is costing too much". :help:

oh.... why your ceiling is so low? why not able to stack them on top of each other?

:( ...not ceiling low but due to a clothes hanging device above WM area that can be pulled down and pushed out for drying...so when u pulled down to lowest point bef pushing out, it's oredi 1.6m from floor...stacked WM & dryer is 1.7m so can't le... :(

i think better get 2in1 since u not going to use dryer all the time..

my samsung 8804 is working fine

Think we will be using dryer frequently too.. Wash le then dry immediately...yest was looking ard for washer dryer at HN & sales guy pushing LG model...saying direct drive better then electrolux belt type... :unsure:

Think we will be using dryer frequently too.. Wash le then dry immediately...yest was looking ard for washer dryer at HN & sales guy pushing LG model...saying direct drive better then electrolux belt type... :unsure:

I bought LG model, wanted Bosch, but washing cycle too long, 2hrs :wacko:

LG if not wrong 1hr 30min

I saw the LG model too, with 10 years warranty on the motor, right? you can try it loh.... if you do use it, let me know how it is like. european brands more ex and not necessary better.

Borsh have quick cycle that are only 15 mins only.....

I saw the LG model too, with 10 years warranty on the motor, right? you can try it loh.... if you do use it, let me know how it is like. european brands more ex and not necessary better.

Borsh have quick cycle that are only 15 mins only.....

LG after-sales service sucks big-time here. i had 3 bad experiences in all 3 visits to them. and their warranty is as good as no warranty at all. you are all welcome to come and see for yourself. compare my 2yr-old LG laptop versus my 5yr-old Acer laptop. the Acer is still working mechanically better than the LG. LG's fan oredi making so much noise, on/off switch oredi broken....on the inside hor, mind u. i cant even turn on the laptop via the normal way. hv to use a screwdriver to reach inside and push the on/off catch.

so no matter hw good their products is or ever will be, i'll never buy LG.

:( ...not ceiling low but due to a clothes hanging device above WM area that can be pulled down and pushed out for drying...so when u pulled down to lowest point bef pushing out, it's oredi 1.6m from floor...stacked WM & dryer is 1.7m so can't le... :(

Since you'll be using the dryer a lot more often, why not remove the hanging device totally? den u can stack a dryer above ur washer. my sister had a 2-in-1 washer cum dryer. cant rmb the brand. broke down a couple of times during the 1yr tt i was staying wif her. 2-in-1 space-wise, cost-wise might seem better. bt if anything breaks down, tt's it. u got no dryer, no washer, nothing...nada. no, if i were u, i wld find a way to fit a separate dryer if i really need a dryer.

my current layout, when i was designing the kitchen wif my ID, we made sure to leave ample vertical space above my washer. to future-proof the possibility tt i might get a dryer. it's not a need for me, more like a luxury.

logically, it wld seem tt direct drive is better. but no, i wld say it is more efficient as the motor is lined up to the gears rotating the drum, thus no loss. nt necessarily better, just more efficient. bt i dunno wat sort of belt drive Electrolux uses, so cant compare properly. some belt-drives can be loss-less.

but 1 definite advantage of belt-drive or direct drive is noise. belt-drives are quieter.

on a separate note, comparing these 2 brands for washers and dryers is like comparing an old, wise man wif a young, strong upstart. which man has more knowledge? which man would hv more experiences to draw on?

some who read my comments here may say tt i'm anti-LG. yes, i am. i admit that. but i'm also being objective here. think abt it. Electrolux and Bosch hv been ard for how long? hw many yrs and decades hv they been making washers and dryers? especially Electrolux. yes, LG has been ard for a while too. bt when did they start making washers and dryers? hw much experience hv they got in tt particular industry to know wat works, wat lasts, which technology and features gives wat problems?

LG after-sales service sucks big-time here. i had 3 bad experiences in all 3 visits to them. and their warranty is as good as no warranty at all. you are all welcome to come and see for yourself. compare my 2yr-old LG laptop versus my 5yr-old Acer laptop. the Acer is still working mechanically better than the LG. LG's fan oredi making so much noise, on/off switch oredi broken....on the inside hor, mind u. i cant even turn on the laptop via the normal way. hv to use a screwdriver to reach inside and push the on/off catch.

so no matter hw good their products is or ever will be, i'll never buy LG.

Since you'll be using the dryer a lot more often, why not remove the hanging device totally? den u can stack a dryer above ur washer. my sister had a 2-in-1 washer cum dryer. cant rmb the brand. broke down a couple of times during the 1yr tt i was staying wif her. 2-in-1 space-wise, cost-wise might seem better. bt if anything breaks down, tt's it. u got no dryer, no washer, nothing...nada. no, if i were u, i wld find a way to fit a separate dryer if i really need a dryer.

my current layout, when i was designing the kitchen wif my ID, we made sure to leave ample vertical space above my washer. to future-proof the possibility tt i might get a dryer. it's not a need for me, more like a luxury.

logically, it wld seem tt direct drive is better. but no, i wld say it is more efficient as the motor is lined up to the gears rotating the drum, thus no loss. nt necessarily better, just more efficient. bt i dunno wat sort of belt drive Electrolux uses, so cant compare properly. some belt-drives can be loss-less.

but 1 definite advantage of belt-drive or direct drive is noise. belt-drives are quieter.

on a separate note, comparing these 2 brands for washers and dryers is like comparing an old, wise man wif a young, strong upstart. which man has more knowledge? which man would hv more experiences to draw on?

some who read my comments here may say tt i'm anti-LG. yes, i am. i admit that. but i'm also being objective here. think abt it. Electrolux and Bosch hv been ard for how long? hw many yrs and decades hv they been making washers and dryers? especially Electrolux. yes, LG has been ard for a while too. bt when did they start making washers and dryers? hw much experience hv they got in tt particular industry to know wat works, wat lasts, which technology and features gives wat problems?

LG have such lousy customer service? i am thinking of buying their TV though. wanted to get the fridge which was my 3rd choice but thankfully my 2nd choice was able to fit through my main door so no need to go to the 3rd choice. hehehehe....

i still prefer european brand as they have been doing washer for decades and seldom heard of their washer having problems.

opps, i bought the LG washer le.. initially wanted bosch, but wife says washing cycle too long, so took LG, hope it don give us problems...

opps, i bought the LG washer le.. initially wanted bosch, but wife says washing cycle too long, so took LG, hope it don give us problems...

don't worry too much about it.... most of the time, it will work fine so you might not need to call the service centre at all.

Buying items in Malaysia

Since i am in malaysia for CNY, i thought i can go look around here for the lightings, sanitary wares and curtains which might be cheaper than buying in SG.

So, yesterday went scounting around with my brother since he knows quite a few shops of such stuff. First stop, went to this big shop that sells almost everything that a contractor would need.... taps, sinks, kitchen cabinet accessories, tiles, and i don't know what else on the 2nd floor. Saw bath tubs, jacuzzi, standing massage system for shower etc.... the choices seem more than SG.

But after looking at so many taps, i have yet to see anything i like. and the prices are not exactly cheap too... maybe the prices stated there is before discount as my bro told me they will give him discount. Since this is first time i am looking in malaysia, i thought to leave it at that until i am more confirmed.

Next stop was the curtain shop. The sales girl shown me few booklet of materials that might be suitable for me. after an hour plus, managed to find what i needed. So she will quite me after CNY. If the price is worth it, then i might get from her or else i will ask from the recommended here... Mr Chew and another from JB.

As its too close to CNY, the lighting shop have closed for CNY. Especially with the raining the past few days, a lot of places are flooded. Can't go to many places as well.... will go back SG to research on lightings again.

hm, not sure if it's wise to get lights and sanitary ware from Malaysia. If the product you buy is defective it's very troublesome to change it... just get them in Singapore. Much easier.