Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  

agree.. hate to see all the ugly pipes in my toilet :bangwall: wish my toilet is like may.. HDB architect should learn how to design all the pipes layout, they should learn their mistakes from T-blog here 8|

as you saw yesterday, my pipes are at a place that can't even be boxed up... :curse:

so other works already started today? ;)

HDB Architects should design those giant pipes to be running outside the flats... :D

Can we stick beautiful mosaic tiles on the pipes instead of boxing them up ?? box up very expensive leh, and also wood cannot withstand moist of the washrooms....

Edited by Kobelala

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
HDB Architects should design those giant pipes to be running outside the flats... :D

Can we stick beautiful mosaic tiles on the pipes instead of boxing them up ?? box up very expensive leh, and also wood cannot withstand moist of the washrooms....

good idea... why don't you try that? i never asked my contractor to do that and no one does that maybe cos its too ex??

DAY 1 : HACKING

TODAY IS THE DAY!!! My renovation started today.... but surprisingly, i was not excited at all. I might get excited after i see everything being done up nicely. So, gave a call to my contractor this morning and he told me they already started hacking.

Once its lunch time, i quickly went to buy some tibits then went over to the flat.

Saw 3 indians resting in the bedroom and i cant go in. Everything was all over the place and me in my high heels, can't even walk on top of all the mess..... so passed to them the tibits and take some photos then left the flat. Before i left, they started hacking again and i can hear the loud sound even after i walked to the next block. I wonder how my neighbours would feel.... hope they will not be too upset with me but bear with the noises......

Since i went over during lunch time, i don't know what else they have done in the afternoon. But pretty amazed that 1 morning able to hack up so much.

livingroomhacked1.jpg

br3hacked.jpg

livingroomhacked3.jpg

good idea... why don't you try that? i never asked my contractor to do that and no one does that maybe cos its too ex??

i heard mosaic tiles are exp...maybe that's why...gg to tiles shop this week to choose kitchen tiles...see see mosaic is really exp not same time...

DAY 1 : HACKING

TODAY IS THE DAY!!! My renovation started today.... but surprisingly, i was not excited at all. I might get excited after i see everything being done up nicely. So, gave a call to my contractor this morning and he told me they already started hacking.

Once its lunch time, i quickly went to buy some tibits then went over to the flat.

Saw 3 indians resting in the bedroom and i cant go in. Everything was all over the place and me in my high heels, can't even walk on top of all the mess..... so passed to them the tibits and take some photos then left the flat. Before i left, they started hacking again and i can hear the loud sound even after i walked to the next block. I wonder how my neighbours would feel.... hope they will not be too upset with me but bear with the noises......

Since i went over during lunch time, i don't know what else they have done in the afternoon. But pretty amazed that 1 morning able to hack up so much.

livingroomhacked1.jpg

br3hacked.jpg

livingroomhacked3.jpg

CONGRATS lady!!! day 1 use tibits to bribe the workers ah...good for u... :good: looknig forward to more pics...

i heard mosaic tiles are exp...maybe that's why...gg to tiles shop this week to choose kitchen tiles...see see mosaic is really exp not same time...

Yup, mosiac are expensive.....some more its the whole chunky pipe? i think easily cost you 1k. just guessing.... hehehe...

different batches of ppl will do different thing so must buy for them lah...... they happy, i happy....

AGREE x 100. at my hometown, most of the flats have pipes running outside the building (my parents' place included). Dunno why can't HDB do the same too :bangwall:

mosaic tiles usually don't come in small small squares... normally comes in a big piece with many small squares on it... hope you can what i mean... so no way you can line the pipes with it la~ even if you managed to get small squares of mosaic tiles, the workmanship is going to kill~ :o

well hope that it's a consolation for you: initially we were very sad that we can't box up the pipes, but after painting, it does look wayyyyy better and it's actually okie to look at it without boxing up ;)

erm sorry i didn't.... :P where ah...?

look at page 15, last post..... i think you cannot see photobucket photos that's why you didn't realised it. :)

AGREE x 100. at my hometown, most of the flats have pipes running outside the building (my parents' place included). Dunno why can't HDB do the same too :bangwall:

mosaic tiles usually don't come in small small squares... normally comes in a big piece with many small squares on it... hope you can what i mean... so no way you can line the pipes with it la~ even if you managed to get small squares of mosaic tiles, the workmanship is going to kill~ :o

well hope that it's a consolation for you: initially we were very sad that we can't box up the pipes, but after painting, it does look wayyyyy better and it's actually okie to look at it without boxing up ;)

I have the same problem in my MBR toilet too....turn right and left - see those pipes everywhere!! I don't want to box the pipes, as it takes up a lot of space and make the tight shower area even worst...look at my post#213 here.... :(

http://www.renotalk.com/forum/index.php?s=...st&p=602818

look at page 15, last post..... i think you cannot see photobucket photos that's why you didn't realised it. :)

oh ya oops i skipped the photos cos cannot see... go back and see at home then~ ;) that's the "please tear along this dotted line" thing we were talking about rite? :lol:

I have the same problem in my MBR toilet too....turn right and left - see those pipes everywhere!! I don't want to box the pipes, as it takes up a lot of space and make the tight shower area even worst...look at my post#213 here.... :(

http://www.renotalk.com/forum/index.php?s=...st&p=602818

ya that's why my contractor actually advised us not to box up, cos it's going to cost a lot (due to the difficulty in boxing up) and makes the toilet smaller. He said "shower must feel good, cannot be so cramp de...." hahahaha~

and your mirror sliding door is a good idea... too bad my reno was before yours, else i'd probably copy that :P

ya that's why my contractor actually advised us not to box up, cos it's going to cost a lot (due to the difficulty in boxing up) and makes the toilet smaller. He said "shower must feel good, cannot be so cramp de...." hahahaha~

Marshmallow, wah Henry double standard leh... He insisted that I box up my masterbedroom and balcony piping! When I said no cos too $$$, he said not nice.. In the end, we compromised. Box up the master toilet and balcony remains.

finallyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy, it's your turn to experience the long awaited reno journey.. you are like in t-blog here forever! haha.. your -blog page already 16 until we finally see your first pic of reno hacking! haha.. i bet u will hit 30 pages soon!

once again, congrats! keep us updated with your exciting journey!

oh ya oops i skipped the photos cos cannot see... go back and see at home then~ ;) that's the "please tear along this dotted line" thing we were talking about rite? :lol:

and your mirror sliding door is a good idea... too bad my reno was before yours, else i'd probably copy that :P

hahaah.... ya ya... the "please hack along the line" thing we laughed at the other day..... so i went home and saw 1 of the photo i taken can see clearly the line so i wanted to show you. Heheheheehe.... not you didn't even comment on it even though i put your name :(

my seller also have doubled door... one is bi-fold and another is the mirror sliding. too bad i hacked everything... hehehehe....