Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
muffin

Animal Luck Prediction

Dear all,

How true is the animal of the year prediction that is published in temple, books? Do you believe? Do share your opinions.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Dear all,

How true is the animal of the year prediction that is published in temple, books? Do you believe? Do share your opinions.

The animal makes up only One character out of 8 character (Bazi chart),so the prediction based on zodiac animal sign is considered 12.5% accurate but 87.5% inaccurate!

Next, even if this animal appears in any of your chart, that particular pillar has to be analysed in conjunction with the yearly luck cycle.

Dear all,

Chinese animals or the babylon (later became greek, then "western")animals?

Edited by bepgof

The animal makes up only One character out of 8 character (Bazi chart),so the prediction based on zodiac animal sign is considered 12.5% accurate but 87.5% inaccurate!

Year = 1 of the "4'' pillars = 2 chineses characters out of the 8 characters. Ratio = 2/8 = 0.25.

There are "60" years in a cycle, coming chinese new year is 辛卯 year (Yin Metal)(3/2/2011 - 22/1/2012) , so if "look as a whole" , a year = 1/60 portion only. 60 years ago, it was (Feb 06 1951–Jan 26 1952).

The ratio or number themselves carry no bearing as to accuracy of the interpretation....

Worth to think in this way:

Those who born during this period (say rabbit) on earth have same "fate"??. Why 子平 bother to first "invented" 3 pillers and found too less the combination and many ppls run into same "fate", so he later added another "time" piller, to increase the "pool of combination". This was history, spend some time to understand.

Edited by bepgof

ok i am born in year of rooster, wife born in year of rat.. Technically speaking , both myself + wife should fan tai sui next cny 2011.

Recently i visited my geomancer (Mr dong noong zhen) for yearly house audit and ask about the fan tai sui thing for next year. He commented these:

Myself : Your year and month - rooster - fan tai sui

wife : year, month and day - rat - fan tai sui.

Year : beware of car accidents, etc ..anything not controllable by you, avoid it. Me planning to go snorkling with whales have to postpone as well.

Month : health of your mum. If can , take note of your mum's health.

day - personal health to watch out for.

Remedy : any days from day 1 onwards of cny, please pray to tai sui. That is the best he can suggest to minimise tai sui effects for 2011 year.

Now back to the topic to animal horoscope. Over the years, i ignore the western stars method. Similarly i also began to ignore the chinese animal horoscope thing. But being chinese, i still kaypoh to look at newspaper column on chinese horoscope. But i don't let that to influence my whole year ahead.

AFter coming into this forum, i think mae29 + Bepgof gives a better layman perspective, which i think what they said make-sense scientifally.

Now back to my conversations with Mr Dong, can anyone tell me whether what he says make sense or just basic info only ? If he is wrong, point it out so that everyone have a better idea.

Hi muffin

Not accurate for everybody because that's a generic proto-type of prediction.

Say in the year of rabbit, not all rabbits are going to be unlucky or lucky. The bazi is different for all rabbits. And there is also luck intervention based on not just luck cycle, but other self-inflicted, self-created reasons.

Very complicated issues involved.

So that sort of readings could only be taken as a general reference, but not obsession.

I stopped reading those books more than 10 years ago because after reading, it's like trying to "catch the shadow in the wind". Prefer to spend my time reading more constructive books. :P

Edited by edenstrauss

Dear all,

I dont think they are 100% true because you will have to see your very own personal ba zi in order to see the better picture.

Actually I found the 12 animals zodiac is seriously contradicting with 徐子平's bazi system (let me explain why). 60 animals should be used instead to characterise each one year of the 60 years. Or, the 60 "tai sui"'s names should be used instead to present a particular "year".

Ah Ping's concept was such that within a 60 year cycles (= Every things (fate, destiny of all mankind) repeat itself every 60 yr, you must understand this concept before you can proceed further) at each point of time (narrow down to 2 hr per sector, meaning breakdown the 60 years into "2-hr-per sector"). 1 yr = 365 days, 1 day = 24 hr or 12 时. So within 60 years, total sectors are: 12 x 365x 60 = 262,800.

Ah Ping's basic concept was imagining a big round pie in the space, cut it into 262,800 pieces and each piece of these have their own "fate & destiny" over a 60 year-period, Understand? (actually 4th year is a leap year(366 days), 60/4 = 15 days "extra", so the correct pieces are 12x365x60 + 12x15 = 262,980 pieces.

Compare the 12 vs 262,980, wow lau , I really don't understand how our great fsms can interprete the 12 animals and the 262,980 slices of pie. Even, now give them 60 animals, they sure got "ways" to define the fate/destiny of the 60 animals.

So, as a commoner, as long as you understand the logic, you will know who is "bull s h i t ing".

Edited by bepgof

Actually I found the 12 animals zodiac is seriously contradicting with 徐子平's bazi system (let me explain why). 60 animals should be used instead to characterise each one year of the 60 years. Or, the 60 "tai sui"'s names should be used instead to present a particular "year".

Ah Ping's concept was such that within a 60 year cycles (= Every things (fate, destiny of all mankind) repeat itself every 60 yr, you must understand this concept before you can proceed further) at each point of time (narrow down to 2 hr per sector, meaning breakdown the 60 years into "2-hr-per sector"). 1 yr = 365 days, 1 day = 24 hr or 12 时. So within 60 years, total sectors are: 12 x 365x 60 = 262,800.

Ah Ping's basic concept was imagining a big round pie in the space, cut it into 262,800 pieces and each piece of these have their own "fate & destiny" over a 60 year-period, Understand? (actually 4th year is a leap year(366 days), 60/4 = 15 days "extra", so the correct pieces are 12x365x60 + 12x15 = 262,980 pieces.

Compare the 12 vs 262,980, wow lau , I really don't understand how our great fsms can interprete the 12 animals and the 262,980 slices of pie. Even, now give them 60 animals, they sure got "ways" to define the fate/destiny of the 60 animals.

So, as a commoner, as long as you understand the logic, you will know who is "bull s h i t ing".

Wow, you really knowlegeble!

So you mean those fsms talking about animal signs are bulls?

Theoretically, they're not really that BS, the animal signs prediction are based on the 12 earthy branch's 刑、沖、会、合、害 . It is just that the predictions are "too simplified" and "too generalise", thus read or no read make no difference. However, still got ppls want to read le and "remember" what is writen there (cast a "shadow" in heart)as to their own animal sign, sigh.

Wow, you really knowlegeble!

So you mean those fsms talking about animal signs are bulls?

Edited by bepgof